• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Armor All Wheel Protectant really works!

Re: This stuff really works!

Pep Boys here in Phoenix has it on sale for two cans for the price of one.

Cool I will have to pick some up:smile:

Well, I will be the ultimate test..... I can COAT the wheels in brake dust in one day at the track. Turns my OEMs into gunmetal. :tongue:

Going to pick some up right now. Will report back after the next track day.

Gonna try some this week. The dust on my S2000 is a PITA to clean - if it works I owe you a couple of beers! :wink: Jay

I coated one side of my wheels and left the other side unprotected.

Coated wheels stayed perfect, unprotected wheels turned brownish as usual!

I applied it thoroughly. Wheels were cool to the touch and spotless.

I don't think you want to have any dirt on the wheel before you spray it.

Waited an hour. Dried perfectly clear on my 3 piece, forged aluminum HRE wheels.

The wheels looked kinda greasy at first but that disappeared after the coating dried. There was a small white powder dot that dried at the lowest point of the wheel but it wiped right off. I am sure it was from spraying too much product on and it ran a bit.

Warning.....this stuff is in small cans.....not full sized cans like the ad makes you think. I got about 16 wheels per can.

It is supposed to last four weeks; we will see....

Well, I will be the ultimate test..... I can COAT the wheels in brake dust in one day at the track. Turns my OEMs into gunmetal. :tongue:

Going to pick some up right now. Will report back after the next track day.

Oh ya.....I also sprayed it on my brake calipers.

If it holds up to everyones track usage this is a god send. I'll end up using it on a set of MB AMG brakes which are notorioulsy known for killer dust...

and what happens when you want to wipe the wheel down anyway, i guess reapply..

Last edited:

Someone has got to have tried spraying the entire car with this stuff if it claims not to damage a painted finish.

ArmorAll? Eek! I'm a bit scared of their products.

I could try this on one of my fleet vehicles. I don't give a shit about any of the trucks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Someone has got to have tried spraying the entire car with this stuff if it claims not to damage a painted finish.

Brilliant! I will try on my FX!! wonder how many cans I need - hmmm...

I tried this product on my 135i a few weeks ago and it worked great. The BMW always had horrible brake dust and now I don't even have to worry about it. Finally an Armor All product that works !!!!

Maybe it only works on glossy paint?

Here's a deal on how you can get 2 cans from Target after rebates and using coupons. Buy 2 cans for 7.99 each and use 5.00 worth of coupons at check out. Get a mail in rebate for 8.99 and your net cost would be 1.99 for both cans.

I sprayed it on painted wheels and left a spot uncoated on purpose. The difference on how well it works can be seen within one day of driving. I'll post a picture after a few weeks of daily driving. It supposed to last up to a month. We'll see about that.

Does it last between car washings, or do you have to re-apply after washing your car?

My NSX never gets dirty enough for a water wash. I have wiped the wheels down with detailing spray and microfiber towel and it didn't seem to affect it.

Does it last between car washings, or do you have to re-apply after washing your car?

Back