• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Austin: pre'Craze planning for Houston's NSX Craze Spring 2010...

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
Reference: NSX CRAZE (spring) May 21st-23rd in Houston, Tx

So, Houston is the destination for this year's spring offering of NSX 'Craze. Seems like the NSX'ers there have put some energy & thought into the planned activities - looks to be a really fun & exciting event!

Anyone interested in a pre-'Craze wrenching/detailing get-together before the actual event weekend?

Ko-nsx is away till 15th/16th of May. I'm kinda/sorta busy till 17th/18th of May. The 'Craze is planned for 21st-23rd of May. We all can do this at Ko-nsx's place or my place (I got basic washing/detailing interior/exterior stuff, basic hand-tools, low-profile jack & jack-stands).

Also, we can work-out details in a 'Craze Austin-to-Houston Friday group-drive if there's an interest in doing such. Obviously, being Friday, strategic timing/routing will be priority #1!

Last I recalled, potential participants for this 'Craze from the general area included: Osiris_x11, Ko-nsx, Scin, Ojas, Alas-NSX, synerygy004, trainingrevolution, TxChopperGuy, azn8v.

There are another local-area 5-10 NSX'ers I'm gonna touch-base w/ personally this weekend to see if they're game for this 'Craze.

Anywayz... post a comment of any input/insights, critiques/concerns, or updates/changes. Also, what you need to address on your NSX/RS4/etc' before heading down.

My ishtuff to-do:

- a single R134a can for the A/C
- hardwire my Pioneer AVIC F500BT + nav' pod + U.S.A. Spec... meaning: trainingrevolution, pls' heeeeelp! :D
- check/inspect fluids

Last edited:
I get home wed, may 19th if we dont die out here! Stuff im doing when i hit the door(after seeing ironman 2).

1. wash wax
2. rotate tires and check fluids

things im dreaming about installing, who wants to help?
1. stmpo front bar
2. sways

I can't leave until Saturday morning early.

Anyone leaving Saturday at the crack o'dawn?

I guess I better order that rear sway bar KO!

Happy to help, let me know what you have for wiring, and what you are planning to replace so we can make sure we have all of the materials we need.

You need the SoS Double DIN mounting bracket and Door Speaker mounting bracket.
Aftermarket Head-unit Wiring Harness
Speaker wiring (Component Kit or Coax Kit)
Amp wiring kit (if you are installing an Amp)
Amp location (trunk, passenger floor - if no subwoofer, or behind the seat)

Reference: NSX CRAZE (spring) May 21st-23rd in Houston, Tx

- hardwire my Pioneer AVIC F500BT + nav' pod + U.S.A. Spec... meaning: trainingrevolution, pls' heeeeelp! :D

hey folks, i wont make it to craze (that sunday is the last local autcross "practice" event before the big pro solo in arkansas 2 weeks later), but if y'all do a pre-craze meetup, i'll probably swing by and say hi :)

v

My car should be ready sometime Friday. It's at a body shop getting a new front end due to my oops a daisy (picture on FB).

Depending on when you guys wanna get together at konsx I can probably make it. Kelly, I can help install your parts since I've done that on mine already and Norm's. Just let me know!

My car should be ready sometime Friday. It's at a body shop getting a new front end due to my oops a daisy (picture on FB).

Depending on when you guys wanna get together at konsx I can probably make it. Kelly, I can help install your parts since I've done that on mine already and Norm's. Just let me know!

Ok i'm letting you know i need your help.:biggrin:

Hey guys, are you all situated with room and board? If KO brings the 2 air mattresses, I have room for one more and would be happy to have any of you guys stay with me! I actually have plenty of room, just lack of sleeping space, unless you can tolerate carpet(and 2 noisy cats). :smile:

Just FYI.

Btw, KO, can I roll co-pilot with you? My NSX is still out of commission. :frown:

Back