• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Besides the NSX, what other car do you absolutely LOVE?

350EC1BF-3BE7-42FB-8AF4-53A582E6CA35-821-0000004B2595C3C3_zpsc59bcc19.jpg

03A210A9-7AA2-4FA4-A766-C7E279090194-821-0000004B2150545C_zps556221f0.jpg

Part of me really wants an f430 or a murcielago. I think acquiring one is probably more exciting than owning it though. I'm afraid it'd be "just a car" once you get used to it, just like what happened when I got the NSX. I doubt I'd be any happier with either of those than I am with the NSX. Of course in a powerball winning situation I'd probably buy both :D

Sometimes it's more fun to want something than it is when you actually own it.

Boats.....cars......giant fish tanks....just a few of mine over the years.

Really love (and sometimes hate) my old Z cars.

Could see myself really getting into an S2000, but I've only driven one once.

I am really enjoying my '89 GT-R for the moment, but I can already tell it's no NSX. Time to up the boost I guess...

(Resurrecting an old thread to see how things have changed or unchanged)

For me:
  • Alfa Romeo 4C: I have not driven a car quite like it. It's a unique & intense experience that you just don't forget
  • Porsche 993: The last generation of air-cooled. My favorite part is its sound (not just the engine, but the "thunk" vault-like sound when I close the door).
  • Porsche 997: There is something about this car I just love.
  • Audi R8 Manual Gated Shifter: Similar to the NSX, it's very easy to live with and can be daily driven.
I have never owned a McLaren, but I am always intrigued. But its reliability concerns me to actually own one. If it wasn't an issue, I really love the 720S.

nice bump..I'm looking forward to the S..
I very much enjoyed my 3 years with the CTR, great handler and so practical. I will get the 23 CTR to replace it.
Have been toying with the idea of a Portofino M...really miss the S2000

After purchasing my NSX, there’s really nothing else that excites me regardless of cost…except a 1975-1978 Datsun 280z. Everything now has a bunch of computers…give me analog and 3 pedals all day long!

Current cars:
1993 Berlina Black NSX
2017 Infiniti Q50s Red Sport TT (Tuned)
2001 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 (lifted and armored)

@TigerNSX; your stable is impressive! That Alfa 4C practically dragged the ground….you’ve inspired me to get more cars…of course, I’ll need to purchase a 4 post lift now for extra storage…..muhahaaaa.

Fun bump on this thread!

In no particular order:
Shelby Cobra 427 - It's like having your own personal P-51 fighter. My neighbor across the street has one and it shakes my house when he takes it out.
1999 Diablo SV - One of the last supercars where you actually had to be a good driver to use it and the last truly "bonkers" Lambo. I had a chance to take one for a few laps at the Glen and it was thrilling and terrifying at the same time.
2000 Honda Prelude SH - I know we all love the NSX but I think this Prelude was Peak Honda.

Agree on the cobra...of all the "old" collector cars I would pick up a well built rep 427 with the flairs..

McLaren F1, NSX 2.0, Datsun 240-Z, Ferrari BB512, Lancia Stratos, Lotus Esprit S1 & S2, and some others too numerous to list out, that I can't think of right now...

being a boomer the 512 was a 308 on roids. The Esprit was such a ground breaker of the wedge school...The TR-8 not so much.

@TigerNSX; your stable is impressive! That Alfa 4C practically dragged the ground….you’ve inspired me to get more cars…of course, I’ll need to purchase a 4 post lift now for extra storage…..muhahaaaa.
I guess variety is the spice of life (and cheaper than therapists) 😂
Too many cars to try!!!

I very much enjoyed my 3 years with the CTR, great handler and so practical. I will get the 23 CTR to replace it.
I cannot seem to find a dealer that will sell the new CTR at MSRP... I thought car prices were coming down finally..., but the dealer "market adjustment" markups are still crazy!

Yes any new car is in high demand and low supply..dealers taking advantage of that...Only thing that reduces ADM is a strong relationship with management of dealer and integrity..

For me I'd love to add these to my garage:

1968 Datsun 510 coupe with an SR20 swap
198X Audi Quattro
197X Porsche 911 Carerra RS
Dream daily: Ferrari GTC4 Lusso, NA V12 AWD shooting brake, yes please.

I miss my old E46M3, but I also remember how much it pissed me off.

I have a 2 sports car + 1 utility car rule and the NSX is never leaving. The s2000 might eventually for a 997 GT3.

Dream cars? 67 Corvette, Muira, F1, CGT, F40, Ford GT (05-06), F355 Berlinetta, e39 M5, Exige, Z32TT, R34 GTR. C8 Z06/7 looks mighty tempting on a budget.

Realistically, the next car I buy will probably be a used LX570.

These are a few cars that I’d love to own in addition to my NSX. At one point when I was losing hope on finding an NSX I considered one of these as an alternative but I kept telling myself that even if one of them was parked in my garage I’d still always be thinking about an NSX.

E92 M3
Modern GT350
F430
Cayman GT4

I've got a real desire for a 488. For the time being, I'm done with cars. Time to enjoy what I have and relax.

Back