• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best lease deal so far?

Come on guys get out and take advantage of this fantastic money savings.

I had wondered if the $30k Acura money was a way to test the market and perhaps they would lower the msrp on 2018 NSXs. So far this hasn't happened, if you go to the NSX configuration on the Acura website the pricing is the same as the 2017.

Come on guys get out and take advantage of this fantastic money savings.

I had wondered if the $30k Acura money was a way to test the market and perhaps they would lower the msrp on 2018 NSXs. So far this hasn't happened, if you go to the NSX configuration on the Acura website the pricing is the same as the 2017.

If they did lower the MSRP that would be great for people ready to buy but it would spell doom for all the 2017 cars being held by dealerships in hopes of selling.

I think Acura will have to continue the $30k rebate until all of the 17's are gone. At least with the 2018's, a person can order a car without $50k of the carbon fiber fluff..... Most of the remaing inventory are cars at or near $200k, and I imagine most will sell in the $150-60K range. For those that didn't pull the trigger on 17's, and have to wait to buy an 18', they'll likely end up paying
upwards of $180K for one or go to the secondary market and buy a low mileage one for $140-160k........ Still going to be a challenge for Acura to sell 18's I think.

The NSX is a halo car. I can't imagine that they ever intended to make a profit on the car. It's a "look what we can create" kinda deal. I think they spent $50-70 million on the Marysville plant, plus umpteen $ millions in development. They could easily have spent $100 million on the project, so on 1000 cars, that's $100k per car, and that doesn't include the actual cost in parts, material and labor to build each one. If you look back in history, in most years, the NSX sales were in the low 100's. Will Acura continue to build NSX's long term? Hard to know.

Maybe they will be happy to sell 150-200 cars per year going forward? I doubt they will have an interest in closing the plant and discontinuing the car, as that would give the appearance of failure. Certainly they had some marketing issues, pricing problems, and taking forever to get the car to market, but after owning and driving the car, it's anything but a failure......

Last edited:
Anyone know of any good lease deals that are available? It can be anywhere in the country. Looking for under $1,500 payment with very little down. Probably looking for a low MSRP car.

Very few low MSRP cars left..... On www.autotrader.com average MSRP is $192K, before Acura rebate and any dealer discounts..... There are something like 50 new cars left, and possibly more low mile new ones that are classified as used because they have a few miles on them. Many have bought cars with total discounts in excess of $40K, but I've heard dealers are less willing to give big discounts now. I would suggest going online to Autotrader and shop cars from there. Find suitable cars and email multiple dealers, and ask them for their best price, and maybe make a counter offer. If they say no, move on to the next dealer. It may be difficult to find exactly the right car with the perfect list of your desired options. You may have to trade options for price at some point. I do believe that the $30k Acura rebate is still available? I can't speak to specific lease deals and terms as I bought my car..... Good luck

I bought mine less than a month ago and there were still a couple base models available then. Find the car online via autotrader cargurus or similar site then pick up the phone and give 'em a call.

i feel bad for the people searching for their NSX now. Hopefully the 2018 are BTO and all incentives end making our purchase raised in value.

i feel bad for the people searching for their NSX now. Hopefully the 2018 are BTO and all incentives end making our purchase raised in value.

Buyers are still getting amazing deals (persistence pays off)
this was posted on ferrari chat obviously still deals to be had with 60-70 new cars still floating around and another 40 low mile used for sale
see below

SlickMurphy said: ↑
I just got a new (non-exposure) 2017 for $75k off MSRP! $127k. $855/mo for 33 months. They're going fast!

Last edited:
this was posted on ferrari chat obviously still deals to be had with 60-70 new cars still floating around and another 40 low mile used for sale
see below

I just got a new (non-exposure) 2017 for $75k off MSRP! $127k. $855/mo for 33 months. They're going fast!

I saw that as well. It would be possible for an exposure car at this point in time, but the fact that he mentions brand new it makes it sound "almost" impossible. That would mean the dealer took a huge loss (an additional 45k dealer discount in addition to Acura's $30k). Nevertheless, he got the most amazing deal yet and probably a one-off. Congrats to him.

see below

I Call BS on this deal.. Show me the contract and we can talk..

ill like to see the contracts on that deal.. fishy.

Yeah Totally agree !! Fishy fishy... in the other hand I lease my car in November and got a great deal 8% off msrp and the 30K off, with that being said since I am a car WHORE and when out shopping.. I called my a friend with access to Mclarens (the 570gt) since they got 2 17s left and they were offering me good value for the NSX in fact I am making money on the car $17,450 to be exact... - my inception fees of 5K= $12,450

We posted that from Ferrarichat, not sure if the deal is true but if its on the internet must be true :)

The math doesn't add up since if you take a $127k selling price or even a $140k selling price and plug in the numbers into a lease calculator there is no way to get $855 a month unless you are putting money down or have a trade?

Yes, the monthly finance charge (also known as the monthly lease fee, which is directly affected by the MF) is $459.65 to be exact, while the monthly depreciation fee (which is directly affected by the residual value percent) is $684.44. These two total $1144.09. On top of this, you pay your sales tax.

Here is a sample calculation of the buyer's lease (tax rate 7.25%):

View attachment 149425

Great post and good info here!

In a lease calculator, plug in MSRP=206k, Negotiated Price = 140k, (Yields a net cap cost of $140k), Money Factor = .0018, Residual Value % = 56% (5k miles/yr), and you should get 1144.09 + sales tax.

That deal on F-chat is too good to be true. With most 2017's being sold now, dealers are less willing to give them away. Plus, as EB pointed out, the math doesn't make sense.

That deal on F-chat is too good to be true. With most 2017's being sold now, dealers are less willing to give them away. Plus, as EB pointed out, the math doesn't make sense.

Maybe .......but maybe not. I know of a buyer 15 mins from me who received 65k off his 199,800 car in December. I see very few buyers for 2017's over 150k. With 60 or so new cars still avail there will be deals available still.
You pay a lot for "fluff" on the 200k cars that you'll likely never get dime one back for. You also have choices for used 2017 cars (45 or so) with low miles and a ton of warranty left. The NSX is a fantastic vehicle that was just priced incorrectly from the start.
IMO

Last edited:
Maybe .......but maybe not. I know of a buyer 15 mins from me who received 65k off his 199,800 car in December. I see very few buyers for 2017's at 150k. With 60 or so new cars still avail there will be deals available still.
You pay a lot for "fluff" on the 200k cars that you'll never get dime one back for. You also have choices for used 2017 cars (45 or so) with low miles and a ton of warranty left. The NSX is a fantastic vehicle that was just priced incorrectly from the start.

Very true, but that 65k off was on an exposure car. The one on F-chat sold for an additional 10k off (75K total), and it is a BRAND NEW car. Not that I don't believe it, but I think this is a one-off and maybe something else going on (ie, very good friends with the GM, perhaps a trade-in that was not mentioned, or really the dealer was just starving for a deal). Anyways, hope the buyer joins us here.

Maybe .......but maybe not. I know of a buyer 15 mins from me who received 65k off his 199,800 car in December. I see very few buyers for 2017's at 150k. With 60 or so new cars still avail there will be deals available still.
You pay a lot for "fluff" on the 200k cars that you'll never get dime one back for. You also have choices for used 2017 cars (45 or so) with low miles and a ton of warranty left. The NSX is a fantastic vehicle that was just priced incorrectly from the start.

There are not 60 new 2017's left for sale. At the moment there are currently 43 cars showing as new and available for sale and I would be willing to bet at least 1-2 of those is sold. Number is dwindling and there aren't many choices left. Get them while you can!

There are not 60 new 2017's left for sale. At the moment there are currently 43 cars showing as new and available for sale and I would be willing to bet at least 1-2 of those is sold. Number is dwindling and there aren't many choices left. Get them while you can!

I see 50 on cars.com and then 16 misc others listed as new either on auto trader-carguru-ebay-various other car sites that are different listing from cars.com
It's not just the NSX with leftover cars. The 17's mclaren570 spiders/coupe as examples are being significantly discounted.. As i posted earlier NSX is a great/fantastic car.

Last edited:
Back