• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

best way to coverup the sidemarks ?

i want a cleaner look, so i´m going to throw the sidemarks :)
best way to fill out the hole?
weld a pice of alu ?
glassfiber and epoxy ?

sorry about my english, :biggrin:

Oh ok. If it's the US spec style, what I have read being done is they would get a piece of matching grade aluminum cut to fit the hole then welded in.

I just had my done like how Serialnsxer did his. Huge pain in the ass. I took some pics I will post it up later. I am 100% happy with the result, but it still was a pain in the ass process and very expensive. To do it right, expect paying at least $1000+.

If I were to do it over again, I would had choose a different method.

I recommend clear corner or just glue on an aluminum plate using same glue that GM use to glue on the Corvette roofs and fill it with aluminum filler or just get two JDM fenders.

Welding it means that you have good chance that the fender might warp. Know your risks before doing it.

Last edited:
I went with Clear Corner side marker, the bodyshop want $1400 to wed up the side markers.

IMG_3219.JPG

The side markers serve a very important safety purpose. They make you car visible from the side at night and also alert drivers at your side that you have you turn signal on. Considering a t-bone crash is the most likely crash to kill you removing or blocking the side markers would be a very bad thing to do.

in sweden we don´t neeed that,, :biggrin:

in sweden we have to make next european nsx meeting! in Kiruna - what do you think? try to find mirrors with side markers. I saw somewhere in net for nsx. loking cool! reg to the fenders- you have to take them off and repaint (but be prepared that new painted will not exactly match surrounding) or use respected advice as above...:confused:

Here is a pic of my, sorry for the poor pic, the car is covered in layers of dust. I will be adding on a set of clear JDM sider markers at same location as NSX-R + other NSX-R goodies. Now I need a set of NSX-R seats.

IMHO, NSXes in colors below does not need this done.
Silver- The clear side markers match the color of the car perfectly.
Black- Painting, smoke, or use black vinyl to cover up side marker will work
Imola Orange- No need as the amber side markers match the car.
White- Clear side markers works.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red-side marker delete
Blue-side marker delete
Yellow-side marker delete

NSX-New-8.jpg

Last edited:
My car is in for paint now. I deleted all side markers (front and rear). They welded aluminum plates to fill the holes, sanded and finished with body filler.

I am adding a clear Euro side markers behind the front fenders. I am looking at the S2000 JDM lights or if I can find something smaller I will go with that.

Silver- The clear side markers match the color of the car perfectly.
Black- Painting, smoke, or use black vinyl to cover up side marker will work
Imola Orange- No need as the amber side markers match the car.
White- Clear side markers works.
Red-side marker delete
Blue-side marker delete
Yellow-side marker delete

I agree :smile:

Last edited:
I just had my done like how Serialnsxer did his. Huge pain in the ass. I took some pics I will post it up later. I am 100% happy with the result, but it still was a pain in the ass process and very expensive. To do it right, expect paying at least $1000+.

If I were to do it over again, I would had choose a different method.

I recommend clear corner or just glue on an aluminum plate using same glue that GM use to glue on the Corvette roofs and fill it with aluminum filler or just get two JDM fenders.

Welding it means that you have good chance that the fender might warp. Know your risks before doing it.

Thats great advice !!! To add to this I would not shop around for the best estimate. Take the car to someone with a good reputation for the welding.

Jason, you are out of control !!!! :tongue: Car is looking SWEET !!!!

I don't like the amber front side blinkers but I'm not about to take any welder to my fenders...hahaha

Is there just a simple CLEAR replacement either from aftermarket or some source besides Clearcorner?

rk

The side markers serve a very important safety purpose. They make you car visible from the side at night and also alert drivers at your side that you have you turn signal on. Considering a t-bone crash is the most likely crash to kill you removing or blocking the side markers would be a very bad thing to do.
Oh, darn! After covering up my side markers, I was going to cover over my headlights and taillights, too. ...So I guess that wouldn't be such a good idea, either, huh? :biggrin:

You could just have them painted body color. That's another option if you don't want the trouble of welding and repainting the panel.

The side marker lights serve a very important function; I would not just delete them without doing something to illuminate the side of the car. I just don't want to read in the future that you got T-boned one evening and your car is totaled and you are injured.

I don't like the amber front side blinkers but I'm not about to take any welder to my fenders...hahaha

Is there just a simple CLEAR replacement either from aftermarket or some source besides Clearcorner?

rk

If you guys are intersted in smoked side marker lights, I just experimented with my front sides as I am deleting them anyways. I can post a picture of the smoked side light tonight when I get home.

I was thinking of smoking my tailights ... but wanted to see how it would turn out first, so I tried it on the front side marker lights. I like it.

I then did the center section of the rear before I attemped the left an right rear. Turnd out awesome. Tonight working on the left and right turn signal lights.

Hey all,

I had this picture on my camera anyways ...so I thought I would post it. This is the center section of the rear lights. I smoked it. If you look real close you can the Honda "H" in the background from the flash.

The lens is fully trasparant an when a light is on ... it is RED.

picture.php

I will post the side light later toight when I get home.

Hey all,

I had this picture on my camera anyways ...so I thought I would post it. This is the center section of the rear lights. I smoked it. If you look real close you can the Honda "H" in the background from the flash.

The lens is fully trasparant an when a light is on ... it is RED.

picture.php

I will post the side light later toight when I get home.

Like this?:cool:http://www.jonstintedtails.com/ have them done by a PRO 1-877-846-8338

NSX2050.jpg

Last edited:
Back