• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BFGoodrich g-Force Sport

Has anyone tryed these on their NSX. Please give me your input. I'm thinking about getting this tires when my wheels come in.

Excellent tires for the price. Lasted 20K miles on my BMW 330Ci. Very stable and quiet at high speed.

had them on my last nsx...liked them better then the khumo MX's and the price was incredible...handled well in the twisties too...

How do these comapre to the F1 Eagle's? Does anyone have a picture of these?

Great bang for the buck. Great handling characteristics and tire wear. Not sure how good they are compared to DSG3 but I doubt they are as grippy.

Running them right now...seem to work just fine. I don't really track my car or anything tho.

They're not very good, and they're not very good for the money.

The g-Force Sport is intended to be BFG's entry in the "budget performance tire" segment, designed to provide a combination of okay performance and a low price to owners of inexpensive sporty cars. The performance is nowhere near that of today's top-of-the-line tires (Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Bridgestone RE050A, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2), but neither is the price.

The g-Force Sport is intended to compete against tires with a similarly low price, like the Kumho SPT, Fuzion ZRi, Avon Tech M500, etc. However, all of these tires have significantly better performance than the BFG, for about the same money.

If you want the best performance that your NSX is capable of, get a top-of-the-line tire (e.g. Goodyear F1 GS-D3), or even one of the supersticky tires (Falken Azenis RT-615, Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec). If you're willing to accept a little bit less performance in exchange for a significantly lower purchase price on your tires, you're better off getting the Kumho SPT or Fuzion ZRi than the BFG g-Force Sport.

Lets not get into this again...

IMO (my opinion -right or wrong) the G-force sport is a better tire and has better characteristics than the ZRI or Avon. Ive never been impressed with the ZRIs on a few different cars ive tried them on. I also wouldn't put the 050A and PS2 in the same category. But that's just me...

Then don't reply.

IMO (my opinion -right or wrong) the G-force sport is a better tire and has better characteristics than the ZRI or Avon. Ive never been impressed with the ZRIs on a few different cars ive tried them on. I also wouldn't put the 050A and PS2 in the same category. But that's just me...
IMO the Kumho SPT is the best tire of this entire group of budget performance tires (and in many sizes it's cheaper, too). The Avon Tech M500 and ZRi are very similar, almost as good as the SPT. The g-Force Sport doesn't perform as well and doesn't handle as well. That's not only been my experience from driving and riding on them, but it's also reflected in the results of Tire Rack side-by-side performance tests.

I wouldn't put the 050A and PS2 in the same category, either - which is why I think those tires are a better choice for the NSX, despite their higher price. But if you want to buy a lower-priced tire, you're better off getting the SPT or ZRi, not the g-Force Sport.

don't you know better then to mess with the Tire God:biggrin:

:tongue:

indeed Ken has a good Handle on his rubbers:eek: :tongue:

Haha, to each their own. :smile:

-besides: Half the time i'm wrong most the time. :tongue:

Well mine have held up really well...I'd buy them again. However, that being said, I'm going to go with a more summer performance tire now that I'm not driving my car year round in Seattle rain.

Oh, and those CF steering wheels are backordered for about 4 weeks. Ask me how I know. :)

Had G Force sports last year nice wet and dry stiff side wall great for all around driving...

How bout Potenza RE 070 HO's, anyone have an opinion on these?

Thanks...

Last edited:
Hey all I just put a set of these on my '05 Prius DD which has Ray's Gram Lite 17x7.5 wheels on it. I went with 215x45x17 tires and they sure look nice. They are brand new so they are quiet and ride very nice. Can't evaluate further since they only have about 200 miles on them thus far.

I am using the g-force TA KDW. I love their wet and dry traction. It's only about $250 more for a set of these if you are buying from a wholeseller like Costco. They are totally worth the money. EX:
On a night where the rain was coming down heavy I tried launches from 3k, 4k, 5k, and 6k rpm. The tires did not break loose until 6k. They quickly gained traction and made steering out of the slide a breeze. The wet traction was the biggest selling point to me.
On dry surfaces I have not been able to get them to break loose from a launch. I have been through many tires from Korean and Japanese brands. The g-force TA KDW have been far and away the best. A friend of mine with a 450 rwhp Supra uses these for drag events while still being street friendly.

Nothing can beat the PS2 in the corners, but that may be overkill for most people.

Sorry this doesn't answer your original question, but (for safety reasons) I will try to steer you away from these entry level tires if at all possible.

If you're going to spend more money (like in the KDW price range), then you may as well get the Goodyear F1 GS-D3. For about the same money as the KDW, you'll get performance that is significantly better than the KDW or the cheaper "budget performance tires" like the SPT or ZRi (which are already better than the g-Force Sport).

Thank you for all the good advice. For tires I decided to go with the Goodyear F1
GS-D3 they should be in Monday. I got my new wheels in today I'm pumped:biggrin: Will be putting tires on my new wheels monday or tuesday.

Last edited:
I am using the g-force TA KDW. I love their wet and dry traction. It's only about $250 more for a set of these if you are buying from a wholeseller like Costco.

+1 I agree:smile: They often have the $60 off a set of 4 at Costco and if you experience any problems or don't like the tires for whatever reason, you can always return them pro-rated price. I was quoted $750.00 a set 17x8 / 18x9.5

Last edited:
+1 Kdw

The problem isn't that the KDW is a bad tire; it's not. It's that you can get much better performance for the money. For roughly the same price as the KDW, you can get the Goodyear F1 GS-D3, which will give you much better performance in every way (on dry roads and in rain). Alternatively, if you're willing to accept the somewhat lower level of performance of the KDW, then you may as well get the Kumho SPT, which offers similar performance for half the price.

Do not like the g-force Sports in the rain. I have run them on my Accord and a friend of mine has them on his Prelude. Both of us have had no problems in the dry but as soon as they hit the wet we have no control. It happened to us at both Mid-Ohio and Nelson Ledges. I am running Bridgestone Re750 on the Accord and have had no problems with them. I plan on replacing them with Re760(replacement for the 750). On my NSX I have Kumho MXs and love them in the dry so far. I have yet to track them in the rain and will not be a good judge of their performance due to my newb status in the car.

I am running Bridgestone Re750 on the Accord and have had no problems with them. I plan on replacing them with Re760(replacement for the 750). On my NSX I have Kumho MXs and love them in the dry so far. I have yet to track them in the rain and will not be a good judge of their performance due to my newb status in the car.
The Kumho MX is not particularly good in rain. And it's not all that great in the dry, either. (Check out the test in Car and Driver for another, but similar, opinion.)

The Bridgestone RE750/RE760, like Kumho's SPT, are very good indeed in rain. And the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 is arguably the best street tire you can get for rain duty.

Then don't reply.

IMO the Kumho SPT is the best tire of this entire group of budget performance tires (and in many sizes it's cheaper, too). The Avon Tech M500 and ZRi are very similar, almost as good as the SPT. The g-Force Sport doesn't perform as well and doesn't handle as well. That's not only been my experience from driving and riding on them, but it's also reflected in the results of Tire Rack side-by-side performance tests.

I wouldn't put the 050A and PS2 in the same category, either - which is why I think those tires are a better choice for the NSX, despite their higher price. But if you want to buy a lower-priced tire, you're better off getting the SPT or ZRi, not the g-Force Sport.

Now I know I'm going to shoot myself in the foot here, but I feel the two models mentioned are my expertise.

I've had each ZRi's and Kuhmo SPT's on my GSX 235/45r17.

Now I realize the larger sizes on a different car is going to be different, as the tread pattern changes with much wider (ex. 295) tires.

To put things in perspective, in general the ZRi's seem like a "Walmart brand" compared to the "Target brand" Kuhmo's General butt feelings told me that the braking was more solid, cornering was tighter, and acceleration..... well... 230hp AWD didn't matter what you did, the tires stuck to the ground.

I've had the Kuhmo SPT's on 3 cars now as a cheap-o alternative as the wife would shoot me for spending $300 per tire. I fully reccomend them over any other brand for anyone in the same situation.

Granted the tires are not perfect, but I won't even look at Fuzion anymore when shopping for some new rubbers.

Back