• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bottom right hand side Radiator hose confusion

Got my package of coolant hoses for a complete changeover of the old ones (I blewout one of the big six)
In planning the changeover, I think I know where just about every hose goes on the car, except for the 19501-PR7-A00 as suggested by the NSX Wiki Coolant hoses guide.

Looking at the hose diagram (as in link https://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/File:Heater_hoses2.png) it shows in location #9 where this hose should go.. but when I look at the shape of the new hose, although accurate to the schematic, it is very different to the old/original one. It is a lot shorter ~3inches, doesn't have the same bends and simply wouldn't connect the aluminium pipe with the plastic fitting on the radiator. The first pic I've attached shows how different the old hose (with the clips) is to the packaged new hose. The second pic is the old hose sitting in place where the new hose would go.
attachment.php
attachment.php

This seems to be the only one which looks way wrong, however 19502-PR7-A00 has a kink to the right that isn't on the old hose, but should fit.
attachment.php

Is there a chance my '92 Right hand drive would use a different hose to the L.H.D model?

Some help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Daniel

Attachments

• DSCF1316 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF1316 (Medium).JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCF1317 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF1317 (Medium).JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 237
  • DSCF1320 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF1320 (Medium).JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 151
You have already answered your own question.
Depending on the Year model, LHD/RHD, DBW/non-DBW, MT/AT, there are different set of coolant hoses required.

For 92 RHD model, there are 4 different coolant hoses required compared to the LHD set.
You need these;
19501-PR7-000 (bottom right, rad.)
19502-PBY-R00 (upper left, rad)
79721-SL0-010 (in front of the water valve, yellow marking)
79726-SL0-000 (thick short one at the bottom of L shaped aluminium pipe with the heater core bleeder)

I don’t recommend installing wrong shape coolant hose where it is exposed to vibration, thermal shock, etc.
Extra stress by twisting/bending the hose will shorten its life.

Kaz

Very interesting. When I looked at the hose I thought A00, correct for 1991-96, and thought maybe the car was newer, which has a shorter hose. Then when I saw the pic, I realized it was right hand drive:). The hose you have is the left hand drive proper hose as Kaz points out.

Back