• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Bragging about stolen Property

:mad: I was on a job yesterday and a guy had a Honda Civic done up pretty nicely with some body parts, rims, etc. During a break, someone mentioned his rims and he started bragging about how they were hot. At first, we all thought he meant hot as in really nice, however as the conversation continued, it became obvious he meant stolen. He went on to state that most of the parts on & in the car were "hot". One guy said something like "I'm sure you can be proud of yourself" and the guy started trying to justify it all by saying stuff like " wall street people steal from us all the time, so why shouldn't we get a little back?" I just walked away and said "two wrongs don't make a right". Everyone dissed him the rest of the day, but it really made me angry...............

I'm not one for snitching, but sounds like an anonymous tip-off to police is in order. That guy is an idiot - firstly for using stolen parts, secondly for bragging about it. I'm sure the previous owner of those stolen parts isn't thinking "oh well, i'm sure whoever stole my rims had a perfectly justifiable reason for stealing them. They obviously need them more than me".

I'd have jotted down his tag number and dropped a tip to the local cops without even a second thought. I hate theives.

Wouldnt it be ironic if someone stole his car and stripped it for parts. This is very common in NyC especially on civics and integras.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Wouldnt it be ironic if someone stole his car and stripped it for parts. This is very common in NyC especially on civics and integras.

Karma has a way of coming around and biting you in the arse when you least expect it. It'll probably happen to him right around the time he finally gets a nice car and drops some serious $$ on rims.
:smile:

NSXLNT said:
:mad: I was on a job yesterday and a guy had a Honda Civic done up pretty nicely with some body parts, rims, etc. During a break, someone mentioned his rims and he started bragging about how they were hot. At first, we all thought he meant hot as in really nice, however as the conversation continued, it became obvious he meant stolen. He went on to state that most of the parts on & in the car were "hot". One guy said something like "I'm sure you can be proud of yourself" and the guy started trying to justify it all by saying stuff like " wall street people steal from us all the time, so why shouldn't we get a little back?" I just walked away and said "two wrongs don't make a right". Everyone dissed him the rest of the day, but it really made me angry...............

That sounds like the kind of idiot that could probably justify anything to make himself feel better for being a worthless piece of crap.....people like that make me upset because they are so amazingly ignorant. :mad:

It would be funny if you guys stole some of the parts off of his car and said you were just trying to 'get a little back' and see what he said to that. LOL!! :D

That really sucks! I have had two different cars broken into in the past and I remember the sick feeling I had both times. It is very upsetting and depressing to have someone cause damage to your car and then steal something valueable from you! It sucks to work hard and earn nice things, only to have some knucklehead come and steal it. Yeah the average joe who works to save up for rims has a lot to do with Wall Street. He is stealing from people just like himself, shows the level of intelligence this guy is working at.

dave22 said:
Wall Street?

Hi

Yeah you know all those Wall street guys cruising around in there riced up Civics :)

What a jerk..(not you ofcourse)

Nothing can justify something like that. :mad:

I had a call from the manager of the building I live the other day that there where some people that was walking around my car and looking.

Well I am pretty used to that driving a NSX, and I live in a quite town, but I went out to check to be sure. Glad that I have neigbours looking after my NSX too. But you never know.

Regards

Back