• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buyer Beware! Jh4na21682t000037

http://www.nsxtraderonline.com/nsx-for-sale/listings/l0033.html

FYI... Goodson Acura has confirmed this one was a total that was open to the eliments for about 4mos... meaning it sat outside w/out t-top windows, while insurance and previous owner debated who was going to eat it. I remember seeing it w/ ~6" water in it after a rain... man was I pissed someone let what used to be a beauty be abused like that.

Re: Buyer Beware!

good to know, we should always look after fellow members whenever possible.. :smile:

Vaughnd said:
http://www.nsxtraderonline.com/nsx-for-sale/listings/l0033.html

FYI... Goodson Acura has confirmed this one was a total that was open to the eliments for about 4mos... meaning it sat outside w/out t-top windows, while insurance and previous owner debated who was going to eat it. I remember seeing it w/ ~6" water in it after a rain... man was I pissed someone let what used to be a beauty be abused like that.

Anyone have the VIN on this car?

Re: Buyer Beware! JH4NA21682T000037

Vaughnd said:
Vin: Jh4na21682t000037

Thanks! You're absolutely right. This car was salvaged in August of 2002. I wonder where it's been since then?

I wouldn't doubt it took a lot of time to get sold and fixed.. I believe the guy driving hit a pole in the side behind the door and into the engine bay.

Yes, left rear side.

Engel07 said:
A salvage 2002 for 69K seems high.

That's the thing. The seller isn't advertising it as a salvage title. But to give him some credit, he isn't advertising it with a clean title either. :rolleyes:

It's back again!!! I saw this car listed on Ebay...asked the seller what kind of condition it was in?? Here is the response i got...

Please disregard the statement of "Performance Upgrades" in the original description. This was place in the description in error. There are no aftermarket performance parts installed.

The car has had only one owner. A deer was hit with the car over 1 year ago which resulted in minor body damage which has all been completely repaired. The clutch and pressure plate was replaced less than one month ago and has been driven less than 30 miles since then.

He says "minor damage" and then I searched here for the VIN# sad how scammers are out there...once again this site is awesome for info and details!!!! I think the give away to me (having grown up in PA) was it hit a DEER and had MINOR damage lol I have seen some cars hit Deers and can't say the damage is MINOR lol to say the least

Just a furtherence of the "heads up" for NSX searchers like myself out there trying to get into a nice "clean one"

... and apostrophes. :biggrin:

Jeeze, would it have killed anyone to have thrown a tarp over it while it was sitting? I would have gone to home depot for one if I'd come across it like that, no matter who the owner was.

Last edited:
That's the thing. The seller isn't advertising it as a salvage title. But to give him some credit, he isn't advertising it with a clean title either. :rolleyes:

there's an older thread on prime about this car, apparently you can somehow "wash" a title in the state of florida? so the seller apparently doesn't have to advertise it as a salvage :rolleyes:

Ugh... seems like it sold :( Hope it didnt for real. I hope some poor bastard didnt get stuck with this thing.

That poor bastard was about to be me! God I am so glad I checked again. The Bank has this car and it is located in Statesboro, GA. I was going to go look at it tomorrow. The guy selling it, Ryan, who works in the loan dept. of the bank told me that it had minor damage and that it was hit by a deer. He is supposed to email me the itemized list of repairs from the body shop that fixed it. The "story" on the car was that the owner of the vehicle died and that his family gave it back to the bank for sale. He is asking $47,500 for the car, for which I was not going to pay that no matter what! Anyone can give more details on this car? He says the car fax showed minor damage and he will send me the car fax....Thank you all so much for literally saving my azz!!!:mad::smile::confused:

Ask your guy at the bank to explain the salvage titile in August of 2002 due to a hit on the left rear side. Most accidents with deer involve the front of the car. Yes, I know there are the occasional accidents where deer actually run into the sides of cars, which may be the case here. When did this accident with the deer happen?

Ask your guy at the bank to explain the salvage titile in August of 2002 due to a hit on the left rear side. Most accidents with deer involve the front of the car. Yes, I know there are the occasional accidents where deer actually run into the sides of cars, which may be the case here. When did this accident with the deer happen?

Maybe after hitting the deer he was pissed at said deer and proceeded to back over it multiple times. I saw some guy's wife did this to him after she caught him cheating. :biggrin:

deer hit the side... maybe he was drifting around a corner....

6" of water doesn't sound good... smells a little fishy if you ask me. :rolleyes:

can you post a link please?

here's a link to the original thread on prime, it's from january of 2008.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99654

from that thread:
Thank you again for your assistance! I am not buying this car. I did not appreciate that titles could be "washed" in Florida?!?! To be able to hide salvage status seems outrageous to me...

it's entirely possible that 'somebody' was wrong when he said that, and that they can't be washed. I'm not trying to spread psuedoscience here- other than reading that other thread, I know nothing of how titles are worked in florida. Is replacing a quarter panel/door enough to consider a title "salvaged?" :confused:

EDIT: I should have just said "another thread on prime," as this thread is much older.

Last edited:
I e-mailed the guy to see what he said when i tld him it was in a wreck and I had pictures of it,, and pictures of it with 8 inches of water on the floor pan,, and that he is false advertising and fraud, and it was the title was "washed" in florida and sold up north,,, LOL we will see what he says,,

I emailed him just directing him to this link. Here is his response,

"Thanks for the link it was very interesting, this vehicle is a clean title and does have prior damage, but has been repaired perfect. No water damage from our inspections, and the car is in great shape. Hence the discounted price (this is not a salvage title, but a clean title) Keep in mind no one in those forums was/is the owner of this car and can say whatever they feel like. We just purchased this car about a month ago, but have a deposit on it, so it is not for sale at the moment. "

Hopefully the guy who has the deposit on it is smart enough to google the VIN and be directed here.

I emailed him this is what he told me,, and Since we dont own NSX's and know nothing about them,, and we dont know the previous owner, we are all idiots,,

Me:We have photos of this car with a wrecked door, and crushed in Quarter panel, after the wreck, it sat with the top off and windows down for months,, at the bottom of the floor pan was 8 inches of water,,, so you are false advertising If you dont fix this we will call our lawyer,, Fraud alert,,, after it was salvaged in Florida then shipped up north to get sold as a CLEAN TITLE!! FALSE and is Fraud
Him:Hi Shawn: [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]We just purchased this car. We are aware of the damage and disclose it to buyers, and that is why the price is discounted. Feel free to have your lawyers call me anytime.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Thanks![/FONT]
Him:Also, 6" of water that was "reported" on NSX prime now becomes 8", very interesting, please send pics of this water damage, and the increase from 6" to 8" so we can disclose properly.
ME: But your ad says "CLEAN TITLE***Perfect Carfax" but it does not list this wreck, or damage,, but you know about the wreck,, but still you say its clean,, What you mean to say is "it just wasnt reported to carfax",,, so what your saying is that Carfax is wrong and its not a Salvage, so if those 2 thing are false, then your telling me that Yes in fact your ad is false!! and it was never wrecked then shipped and then sold at auction to florida/ fixed then resold up north? with the New "WASHED CLEAN TITLE FROM FLORIDA"? and its selling for the discounted price of 5K under KBB with this Florida Clean Title? if only KBB showed the value of a car that has been wrecked,, yikes,, 45K for a wrecked car, you can get a 1 Owner Never wrecked,never seen rain for that price!! wheres the discount? the Economy ?? I dont think so
Him:
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Another thing look at the pic with the Vin sticker,, its been peeled off and placed on the new Painted Part.. Hope who ever buys it Looks hard and finds these things

Last edited:
Back