• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

can't make this up:Founder of Islamic TV station accused of beheading wife

Read that in the news as well...

The real ironic part is:

He launched Bridges TV, billed as the first English-language cable channel targeting Muslims inside the United States, in 2004. At the time, Hassan said he hoped the network would balance negative portrayals of Muslims following the attacks of September 11, 2001.

I think he failed :rolleyes:

Yep. Islam, the religion of peace.

Every religion has it's bad apples. Don't generalize. :rolleyes:

It's funny, when Priests are touching little boys, I don't here people of other religions calling Catholics names.

I don't here people of other religions calling Catholics names.

People don't need a special event to make fun of Catholics, they do it all the time
dunno.gif

I don't here people of other religions calling Catholics names.

Catholics have been laying low since the crusades. :wink:

But then I don't believe in any religion because they all (IMO) justify ones actions (good and bad) to some being or order so that they don't have to take personal responsibility. However if religion is what gets you by (regardless of what one), then more power to you.

2 cents. :smile:

Every religion has it's bad apples. Don't generalize. :rolleyes:

It's funny, when Priests are touching little boys, I don't here people of other religions calling Catholics names.

Um, I think beheading a wife's head is just slightly more outrageous than priests touch little boys, don't you?

Both are despicable, but I think the taking of a human life is just a wee bit more deranged.

From what I have seen and heard from inside sources (military). I have a very disturbed point of view when it comes to religions. It's human nature to have something to believe in, so it's fair to say whatever "religion" is out to teach the followers tends to listen.

I dispite the fact that religions started most if not all major conflicts... for the sake of belief.

IMO
People died (wrong cause) because of religions.

People hate one another because of religions.

There are many other things that are bad about religions that I don't want to talk about.
So lets just say, there's no such thing is a good religion. History proved that!

Again, these are just my own view about religion.

What's the deal with cutting off the head? Killing is one thing(bad obviously). But cutting off the head seems a bit weird. Is there some cutural thing there, like is there meaning associated with cutting of the head?

Um, I think beheading a wife's head is just slightly more outrageous than priests touch little boys, don't you?

Both are despicable, but I think the taking of a human life is just a wee bit more deranged.

You are absolutely correct, I agree 100%. This guy clearly has issues. But throwing out a low blow at the entire religion of Islam because this idiot happens to be Muslim is not appropriate. I was just saying(as an example), when someone of another religion does something appalling, the person's religion as a whole usually doesn't take a kick in the crotch, as Islam usually does.

Again, not trying to start a religious debate, because I'm not even religious myself. And in the instance above, the guy should be punished to the fullest extent of the law(more so if you ask me).

Just wanted to put my $.02 cents in the machine, and I've already gotten more than I paid for! :biggrin:

Regards,
- Zishan

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I believe that religion can create structure and meaning to peoples' lives and can help develop meaningful relationships. It's no surprise that some use if for their own selfish reasons and create misery for others but that happens outside of religion. Most religions that I know of have great lessons to teach and good rules to live by...it doesn't mean that you have to subscribe to it. Whether the teachings are true or not doesn't alter the fact that some of the lessons are worth learning.

Truly horrible. Arabs really have their own way of settling family things and we'll never be able to change that, even if they bring that here with them.

I wouldn't call this a bad apple. Some Islamic laws are what they are and these guys have to follow them. Like any religion, you have your hardcore conservatives who think nothing's changed and then your liberals that think religion needs to evolve with the times. I grew up in a predominantly Muslim town and I never heard of any radicals like these. This was in Europe though.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I believe that religion can create structure and meaning to peoples' lives and can help develop meaningful relationships.

You are right.
I believe that religion has done far more good than evil. Like everything else though, people always prefer to see and hear the bad before the good.

I see religion as an organization, not necessarily as something that God ordered, certainly not in the way that religion works today. I don't necessarily follow any certain religion but I am spiritual. When you make your own relationship with God and interpret things the way you see them to make sense, you really feel more at peace than when you're living by rules that man created through religion.

What do I know though, I drink like a fish!

Last edited:
What do I know though, I drink like a fish!

No worries. Supposedly Jesus turned water into wine for a reason. Maybe he liked to get loaded from time to time. :wink::tongue::biggrin:

*puts on flame suit* just a joke folks...:rolleyes:

No worries. Supposedly Jesus turned water into wine for a reason. Maybe he liked to get loaded from time to time. :wink::tongue::biggrin:

*puts on flame suit* just a joke folks...:rolleyes:

I made a joke about that yesterday!
I told my aunt there was a newer, more accurate translation that said he changed water into filtered water. She kind of thought I was serious.

Catholics brought a lot of shame to themselves with all the pedophilia trials.

But they are not the only ones. I read a story few days ago and actually found an English translation here.

Catholics brought a lot of shame to themselves with all the pedophilia trials.

But they are not the only ones. I read a story few days ago and actually found an English translation here.

I was using that as an example. I didn't mean to point the finger at one group, the opposite actually. And if I've offended anyone, I apologize, that was not my intent. :smile:

I'm sure this is obvious, but we can find criminals of every race/religion.

I'm sure this is obvious, but we can find criminals of every race/religion.

You are right. Manson, Tim McVeigh, Pat Robertson, Jim Bakker... Tom Cruise! :rolleyes:

I despise the fact that religions started most if not all major conflicts... for the sake of belief.

IMO
People died (wrong cause) because of religions.

People hate one another because of religions.

There are many other things that are bad about religions that I don't want to talk about.
So lets just say, there's no such thing is a good religion. History proved that!

Again, these are just my own view about religion.

I agree with this, I see that there is some good that comes from religious organizations, there is some good that comes from people trying to be the best person they can be, but this good is nothing in comparison to the evil and hate caused by religion.

If anything, the Middle East can be considered one of the "most religious" regions of the world, I guess they feel a great sense of purpose as a result, but also act out violently against one another over minor differences. There is good humanitarian work being done, eg Red Crescent, but this is overshadowed by terrorism and war-making on a huge scale; at what point is it no longer taboo to point out this isn't a coincidence?

I'm curious to know what the death count is over some sort of religious basis. It's got to be pretty high, if not the highest single source of death. I mean when you consider things like the Crusades, conflict in the Middle East, Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Trials, Muslim Conquests, Reconquista, the issues in Northern Ireland, 30 years war, etc. it seems like many (if not most) wars and genocides are related to religion in one way or another. Even the holocaust had roots in religion (extermination of the Jews) and the Revolutionary War (protestants looking for religious freedom) as well.

you guys are taking this too seriously......

My thoughts:

1. She was a pain in the neck...:biggrin:

2. The relationship was Headed in the wrong direction.:biggrin:

3. He wanted Headlines...:biggrin:

:wink:

I agree with this, I see that there is some good that comes from religious organizations, there is some good that comes from people trying to be the best person they can be, but this good is nothing in comparison to the evil and hate caused by religion.

If anything, the Middle East can be considered one of the "most religious" regions of the world, I guess they feel a great sense of purpose as a result, but also act out violently against one another over minor differences. There is good humanitarian work being done, eg Red Crescent, but this is overshadowed by terrorism and war-making on a huge scale; at what point is it no longer taboo to point out this isn't a coincidence?

Most recent, major conflicts had nothing to do with it though. WW2, Vietnam, Iraq... nothing to do with religion. But of course, there is an uber-idiot like George W Bush who said "God told him" and then of course you'll think it was a religious thing.. But no, it wasn't. WW2 of course had many Jewish casualties but it still wasn't a religious war.

Middle East is very religious and a ticking time bomb. But think of middle east as America's South... the South and Texas - bunch of fucking right wing nuts!!!!!!!

I'm curious to know what the death count is over some sort of religious basis. It's got to be pretty high, if not the highest single source of death. I mean when you consider things like the Crusades, conflict in the Middle East, Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Trials, Muslim Conquests, Reconquista, the issues in Northern Ireland, 30 years war, etc. it seems like many (if not most) wars and genocides are related to religion in one way or another. Even the holocaust had roots in religion (extermination of the Jews) and the Revolutionary War (protestants looking for religious freedom) as well.

WW2 wasn't religious. Hitler had no religion. He just didn't want the Jews controlling the world. Either way, I think WW1 or 2 had nothing to do with religion.

It's all human ignorance. We all refuse to believe that in God's eyes we are all even, we are the same as the cave dwelling Taliban! It's human nature to think that we are better than someone else. We are not though, we are all the same scum. The Habib that won't let his wife get an education is same as trailer trash Jim Bob who beats his wife but wears his star spangled banner around his neck!

you guys are taking this too seriously......

My thoughts:

1. She was a pain in the neck...:biggrin:

2. The relationship was Headed in the wrong direction.:biggrin:

3. He wanted Headlines...:biggrin:

:wink:

haha... head!

good one.... so wrong, but so right in a wrong way...

Last edited:
Back