• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Controversial Top Gear episode

The most controversial Top Gear episode. The first upload of this video onto You Tube, which got deleted, got over 200 pages of comments full of hate and racial slurs towards each other. Other uploads have received lots of comments as well, filled with the same thing, but to a less extent. Did a search and didnt find it on here. I didnt take this video seriously like others... I found it somewhat funny. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iTsfZ9TnNE

I saw the episode when it first came out, a couple weeks back. Nothing extraordinary besides a little more entertainment than usual IMO. Is it that big of a shock, if it's real, that you'd have issues in similar circumstances?

It's not like they fired guns at them, but they were asking for it [on purpose].

Anyone who thinks places like that don't exist in ANY country is a fool. I've been to places in Indiana for sales work that would blow your mind. I don't even feel fully comfortable posting about it here, but let's just say in the town where the ex-'grand wizard' of the KKK resides; things are about as you'd expect.

I'm sure the soccer hooligans that have caused the entire world to look down on UK soccer are all up right citizens who wouldn't hurt a fly either...

One thing they fail to mention is that people looking for a fight can be found anywhere in the world...I wonder what would happen if three guys from the US went to the UK and painted "The Queen can suck my b#lls" and "Football is for fagg#ts" ..perhaps "God loves the IRA"..on three cars and drove around the Brit countryside?...I am sure you could easily find a fist fight:rolleyes:

I know for a fact that in some places in Ireland if you go into a pub saying that the British were the best thing to ever happen to Europe you will get stabbed in the neck right where you stand.

One thing they fail to mention is that people looking for a fight can be found anywhere in the world...I wonder what would happen if three guys from the US went to the UK and painted "The Queen can suck my b#lls" and "Football is for fagg#ts" ..perhaps "God loves the IRA"..on three cars and drove around the Brit countryside?...I am sure you could easily find a fist fight:rolleyes:

I know for a fact that in some places in Ireland if you go into a pub saying that the British were the best thing to ever happen to Europe you will get stabbed in the neck right where you stand.

Hmm, I have to agree on all points.
There are places in most countries where it is not safe to do some things or say some things or even just be there at the wrong time. In a perfect world you should be able to do anything that is legal without fear of reprisal but unfortunately, as we all know we do not live in a perfect world. I am a Top Gear fan but I did not really get this one.

Regards,

Patrick

I just wonder how much of that episode was staged; especially the "mobile phone footage" of them washing the slogans off and Jeremy's alleged report of trucks planning a blockage further up.

They should try driving through Iran with cars painted with slogans like "Mohammed Sucks" and the like. That'd be entertaining.

If Top Gear ever visited NSX Prime, they could post photos of their car slogans "911 is a conspiracy", "Timing Belts last forever" and "Pranking Cops is COOL"...

:biggrin:

If Top Gear ever visited NSX Prime, they could post photos of their car slogans "911 is a conspiracy", "Timing Belts last forever" and "Pranking Cops is COOL"...
:biggrin:

And of course, the big one:

"THE PLANE DOESN'T FLY"

I doubt it was staged, IT was hilarious never the less. The south is full of a bunch of imbred hillbilly's but so is everywhere else. I just meet alot more from there since I came to the midwest. There usually from texas :eek:

dammit that plane wont fly! :cool:

I doubt it was staged, IT was hilarious never the less. The south is full of a bunch of imbred hillbilly's but so is everywhere else. I just meet alot more from there since I came to the midwest. There usually from texas :eek:

dammit that plane wont fly! :cool:

man you are an idiot....

almost every one of your posts is crap...

i too am from the midwest (or just mid) and actually lived in alabama for a while, and georgia....it was staged....the south has LESS "imbred hillbilly's" than most other places... the dialect just make it seem other wise....

I'm sure you meant to say that the south is full of inbred hillbillies. Inbreeding is the act of breeding within the family line which can lead to genetic problems.

Also you probably meant to say a lot, not alot, which isn't a word. A lot is kind of like saying "a bunch", you wouldn't say "abunch", or would you?

And, when using there/they're/their try to consider which form of the word applies to your particular grammatical application. In this case I think you meant to use they're which is a contraction of the two words "they" and "are", as in "They're from over there, near their house."

I won't even mention capitalizing proper nouns like Texas or Midwest. Oh, I did mention it after all, didn't I?

Before you berate an entire genre of people because of where they live, I suggest you work on your English and grammar skills.

As far as the video is concerned, I got about a minute into it before I turned it off, so I really can't speak to its entirety, but it offended me.

n is next to m sorry. I also could care less about capatilizing texas because and the midwest. This is an internet forum. Not my term paper. Thank you come again!

Being a school teacher, he reserves the RIGHT to critique the hell out of your posts. After all, he really is a fully bonified teacher. :biggrin: So get over it.

Set up or not. Rednecks or Scholars, that video was FUNNY but, only because I'm a fully qualified professional @sshole :)

And that damn plane WILL fly! You gotta think OUTSIDE the box.

They should try driving through Iran with cars painted with slogans like "Mohammed Sucks" and the like. That'd be entertaining.

If they were to do that, in the first place, the Iranians would probably just think they were 'stupid American's', and in the second place, they would more than likely just be ignored... (except by maybe the Police :biggrin: )

Shifty
"the Plane flies..."

Back in 1999 when I moved to Birmingham, AL for a while, the first day I got there, I saw on the news that there was a KKK rally going on in downtown across the street from the courthouse. Most of the people I met turned out to be cool but there are people like that in that region unfortunately, not to say that there aren't ignorant people elsewhere, but it doesn't really help the stereotype.

-ak

As for Texas, I think everyone turns into a redneck when you move there. Look at OJAS for example. I heard he put a longhorn on his nsx hood. :p just kidding.

I don't think being a redneck is an insult really. There are worst things to be called and hear, like having your nsx called a stupid corvette!

Hey teacher, can you recommend a nice hotel by the water in Half Moon or close????

If they were to do that, in the first place, the Iranians would probably just think they were 'stupid American's', and in the second place, they would more than likely just be ignored... (except by maybe the Police :biggrin: )

Shifty

I dare ya to try it:wink:

Hey teacher, can you recommend a nice hotel by the water in Half Moon or close????

A pricey hotel is the Ritz Carlton. There's a Best Western Half Moon Bay Lodge that's more reasonably priced.

This Comfort Inn is also priced right.

Personally, I don't need fancy accommodations, I just like a clean room to use as a stopover between excursions. I guess that means I'm cheap. :wink:

Need more idea? Just let me know.

I'm sure you meant to say that the south is full of inbred hillbillies. Inbreeding is the act of breeding within the family line which can lead to genetic problems.

Also you probably meant to say a lot, not alot, which isn't a word. A lot is kind of like saying "a bunch", you wouldn't say "abunch", or would you?

And, when using there/they're/their try to consider which form of the word applies to your particular grammatical application. In this case I think you meant to use they're which is a contraction of the two words "they" and "are", as in "They're from over there, near their house."

I won't even mention capitalizing proper nouns like Texas or Midwest. Oh, I did mention it after all, didn't I?

Before you berate an entire genre of people because of where they live, I suggest you work on your English and grammar skills.

As far as the video is concerned, I got about a minute into it before I turned it off, so I really can't speak to its entirety, but it offended me.

Just to let you know I think its pretty sad when people have to cause insult to other people for posting something up with bad grammar. Yeah I'm referring to the "Teacher". Did it ever occur to you that sometime people as yourself cause other to feel like not posting their thoughts or opinions at all because you insult their intelligence? You may no agree with him but I can bet you if his point of view didn't offend you at all, you wouldn't jump on him for being grammatically incorrect. You could of just told him through PM "you have some grammatical errors on this or that, if you need any pointers on your writing let me know and maybe I can help(I'm an English teacher), also your stereotype of the south is wrong and may offend others". You see it was easy, to the point, and you didn't insult someones intelligence while doing so. Also jump on me if you want I could care less I'm just trying to be the nice guy here.

In regards to the subject yes I find if hilarious what they did although at one point I fear someone was gonna really get hurt. Glad they got out fine.
Yes this comes from a guy that used to like NASCAR too. Remember don't take things so personal.

A pricey hotel is the Ritz Carlton. There's a Best Western Half Moon Bay Lodge that's more reasonably priced.

This Comfort Inn is also priced right.

Personally, I don't need fancy accommodations, I just like a clean room to use as a stopover between excursions. I guess that means I'm cheap. :wink:

Need more idea? Just let me know.

Yeah, I almost did the Ritz Carlton thing. I'm in way shape or form considered rich or even well off or even doing well, but rather getting by at the moment. I just thought why the hell not, I've had a BAD week. Then I read the print on parking. $40 to park at their own hotel! Give me a break!

I wanted to do a place in santa cruz but parking is a concern. I don't need a tourist and his 5 kids slamming their doors and suitcases into my car. I might jsut end up staying in Pacifica. Parking seems ok at the moment especially during the current low/off season.

Ever heard of a place in Pacifica called Nick's Restuarant aka Sea breeze Motel? It's supposed to be an old place straight out of the 50's look. Pretty tacky actually BUT everyone's review seem to be AWESOME! I hope parking is good!

Back