• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Covid Vaccine

Took Moderna dose #2 about six hours ago. Minor arm soreness, no other issues, I had a normal workday. Now to wish for increased production so my wife and kid can finally be vaccinated.

Took Moderna dose #2 about six hours ago. Minor arm soreness, no other issues, I had a normal workday. Now to wish for increased production so my wife and kid can finally be vaccinated.

For sure! My wife is higher risk (with asthma) than me, but I’m higher exposure risk. I’m hoping my wife can get her 1st shot in the next few weeks.

I don’t have a clue about when the kids will get shots.

Posting 48 hours out from shot #2 .

Yesterday, was quite fatigued and had a mild fever of 99.8 F. Slept 12 hours and on awakening this morning was completely back to normal. I didn’t premedicate this time, just didn’t get to it. I recommend doing so.

Posting 48 hours out from shot #2 .

Yesterday, was quite fatigued and had a mild fever of 99.8 F. Slept 12 hours and on awakening this morning was completely back to normal. I didn’t premedicate this time, just didn’t get to it. I recommend doing so.

I was talking to a friend about it and seems the second dose knocks harder than the first. Seems to be experienced on this forum too. 18 days and counting; I’ll get my second shot on a Friday and plan to sleep Saturday.

From what I've been hearing from my friends who have now had the second dose, the Moderna seems to have more side effects than the Pfizer. I had my second Pfizer dose over a week ago and had zero symptoms. Same with my wife and parents.

.maybe those of us with the moderna shot will stop aging:eek:

I'm sending you a cease and desist order...........

#1 Moderna for me was suppose to be last Friday. It was cancelled.

Because it never rains in SoCal, when it does everyone freaks out and often unprepared. The site was flooded evidently and they rescheduled us all. I'm curious what happened to the doses. I've been rescheduled to come back tomorrow which is 5 days - right at the tail end of the suggested time frame after thawed. I wonder if they discarded the first batch or potentially giving me the same batch but at attenuated efficacy. The rollout has been a bit of a cluster F here in socal despite weather issues.

If someone wants to make a donation to Camp Good Days me thinks that a topless pic of our favorite film critic might be available to the highest bidder....

I'm sending you a cease and desist order...........

Where's the "laughing" emoji?

This article explains it pretty well.

Great article, but then, like the writer’s husband, I’m a neurologist. Despite my fatigue, I still put in my usual 30 minutes of aerobic exercise. Going without would have been worse for me, LOL.

Got dose #2 yesterday of the Pfizer vaccine. Sore arm, like last time, Aleve helps. No real problems today, just feel a bit "off". Not fatigued, nauseous, etc. No appetite, but OK overall. Did a lighter than normal Peloton ride, as I just didn't have it today. Here's hoping that everyone gets access, and we can go to whatever our "new normal" is.
Stay Safe!!!

I’m driving 600 miles round trip Sunday to get my two daughters vaccinated (they are teachers and are eligible but we can’t get access to any supply by us).

And amazingly the state has ruled that all court employees are eligible - but I am not. So my court attorney, court referee, court officers, court stenographer, court clerk and confidential secretary are all considered essential but a Supreme Court Justice is not.

Maybe after Sunday I can get reclassified as an Uber driver and get my vaccine.....

Last edited:
You could have come over to my place....butt cheeks are us....:tongue:

Other than falling asleep at 7:30 last night, and a slightly sore arm, I'm feeling alright. Less fatigued and less sore than my first shot. Perhaps the extra dose of Ibuprofen is making the difference.

Hopefully in mid March my wife will get her shots and move forward.

After 5 hours of constant refreshing the state site I managed to sign up for a cancellation at the same time as one of my daughters tomorrow. Thanks to age related disc dessication I am about an inch shorter these days which calculation technically puts me at a BMI that qualifies for priority vaccination under NYS rules by .1%. Since I have to drive them anyway I’m hoping they will take my calculations and let me have one too.

For those who have had a reaction how soon was the onset? We have a 300 mile drive back and all three of us would be getting the vaccine and I want to make sure one of us feels well enough to drive.

where are you going for the shot? Also you should feel fine overall if this is first shot...if second side effects take about 8 hours to take effect..

Back