• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Covid Vaccine

Got my first yesterday. Felt fine, had several orange crushes outside enjoying the wx. Woke up at 3am with slight chills and body aches. 9am now and feeling better.

My sister got her second of Pfizer yesterday and is in ER now with iv fluids and 1000mg Tylenol for 100.3 temp and bp drop. She is the worst flu-like reaction I have seen so far and should be home later today.

Last edited:
Crazy how different people react. My parents in their late 70s had both Pfizer shots and had no side effects at all.

The wife and I got our J&J single shot last week. She got chills that night but that was about it. I got nothing.

had zero effects after first shot of Moderna last month....got my second shot of Moderna on Sunday....woke up Monday feeling cruddy and it lasted all day, woke up Tuesday feeling fine but still have sore arm.

Interesting that I had my yearly physical on that Monday and my blood pressure which is usually above 140 was a 102:eek:

Last edited:
My sister got her second of Pfizer yesterday and is in ER now with iv fluids and 1000mg Tylenol for 100.3 temp and bp drop. She is the worst flu-like reaction I have seen so far and should be home later today.

Sorry to hear about your sister. That is terrible news. Hope she recovers quickly.

I had 1st shot of Pfizer with minimal reaction. My 2nd jab is next week. Not looking forward to the reaction, but hopefully can move on afterwards....

Got 2nd does of Moderna on Friday. A lot less arm soreness than the first shot even the next day. Only real symptom for me was a pretty bad headache most of the evening/night Friday. By Saturday it was gone. Pretty similar experience to dose 1.

The wife and I got our second Moderna shots on Saturday. The pain in the shoulder started within a couple of hours and was worse than the first shots. Pain was still about the same on Sunday. I did feel a little tired on and took a short nap but since I didn't sleep that well Saturday night I can't say for sure if it was from not sleeping well or from the shot. My wife had some chills on Sunday so she took her temp and was 100.1 and I checked mine and was 99.4. We both took Tylenol and mine was back to normal in few hours but my wife's wasn't back to normal till late Sunday night. Still a little pain in the shoulder today but other than that we both seem to be back to normal.

finally looks like we are rounding the corner...If you are against getting vaccine and have not been exposed you still have to protect yourself. Otherwise stay away from public hookah lounges and have fun...:tongue:

Here's the current data. At 66 I have no agenda here, but I think the data shows that unless you are old you're probably more likely to die from getting hit by a meteorite.

Data from here https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

I added the population data from 2010, the newest available.
current cdc data.jpg

Here's the current data. At 66 I have no agenda here, but I think the data shows that unless you are old you're probably more likely to die from getting hit by a meteorite.

Data from here https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

I added the population data from 2010, the newest available.
View attachment 169760

I know at least 2 people who were under ~40 who passed from it, but still don’t know anybody hit by a meteorite.

But you point is taken.

As of today we're over 589,000 deaths, and NYT estimates that the true count is 2-3x that number. That's a lot of meteorites...

Last edited:
You could argue statistics till your blue in the face. You would all be wrong nothing put out today can be trusted regardless of your personal view point.

The important thing to remember is what you gave up in the name of fear, and the long term consequences to those decisions.

Last edited:
You could argue statistics till your blue in the face. You would all be wrong nothing put out today can be trusted regardless of your personal view point.

The important thing to remember is what you gave up in the name of fear, and the long term consequences to those decisions.

This post is genius since it works both ways.

The virus did not discriminate....

this didn't age well considering 99% of all deaths and 95% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated

so real data is not to be trusted, but Facebook conspiracy theories about the vaccine are???

tell that to all those who are dying right now because of their decisions to not get the shot

6116badf90f0a.image.png

Last edited:
Although the delta and other variants are becoming more prevalent the current greatest morbidity is amongst the unvaccinated. The vaccinated are testing positive but are less likely to need medical care. Thankfully the antibody cocktail and use of steroids is helping.

I'm concerned about the next few weeks. My sister who is vaccinated did test positive after doing her first makeup gig for a wedding party (she wore a mask but nobody in the party did...because makeup), ran into her GP who said our local hospital in a town of 10k is out of ICU/ER beds and is turning people away who would normally be admitted.
Instead they are giving them a bottle of oxygen and asking them to call first before coming back even if things are getting worse for them.

Last edited:
And when you look at cases by population were high but not an outlier.

View attachment 171067

But what explains our higher death rates...is a 10% difference in vaccinated population. Fully vax % drop by about 10% for most countries compared to first dose which is below:

View attachment 171068

The data is all there for anyone to look through. And it's pretty clear.

Also as someone who travels to Mexico and other countries in Central America for work -everyone- there is wearing a mask. To go into any building (walmart, small shop, restaurant) you have to sanitize your hands and get your temp taken. I was just in Matamoros, MX two weeks ago and employees were wearing masks outside in a scrap yard. That's what the pandemic looks like in other places in the world when it -isn't- politicized. It's not that they aren't wearing masks because masks are something that X political party wants, they are all wearing masks because they don't want to die.

That's what the pandemic looks like in other places in the world when it -isn't- politicized. It's not that they aren't wearing masks because masks are something that X political party wants, they are all wearing masks because they don't want to die.

Thankfully that is pretty much the case here in Ontario, Canada. Western Canada has their own issues but I'm so thankful that wherever I go, even in my city of 1 million with 76% vaccine coverage and a daily infection rate running around only 20-50 cases a day (which they are calling a 4th wave) everyone is masked.

We are our own worst enemy here in the US. I believe we have reached the point where this current wave will have the bug run it’s course. Those who are vaccinated will be exposed and some will get sick and even pass away, and the same will happen to those who aren’t vaccinated (albeit at a much higher rate). The really vulnerable have either died or gotten the vaccine at this point. People will die needlessly, but we have reached that point in the states.

the delta wave is predominantly a pandemic of the unvaccinated.Yes many vaccinated folks will have mild symptoms..the relaxed restrictions put those not protected at greater risk.The folks who refuse the vaccine get sick but don't die seem to accept their fate because they distrust the vaccines so much.

the delta wave is predominantly a pandemic of the unvaccinated.Yes many vaccinated folks will have mild symptoms..the relaxed restrictions put those not protected at greater risk.The folks who refuse the vaccine get sick but don't die seem to accept their fate because they distrust the vaccines so much.

Yep.

One might call it natural selection of the ignorant, sadly.

Back