• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC high boost and spray question

Hi Guys...Im about to buy a 95 NSX with the following mods...

-CTSC 9 psi

-comptech computer

-air intake

-taitech exhaust

-Comptech clutch/flywheel

Now I know these cars arent made for drag racing but I will be doing some with it as well as SCCA events...

Now from everything ive been reading these stock 1995 NSX's dyno around 230 rwhp and will run 13.5-14.0 at 100-105 mph in the 1/4 mile...

Then with the mods the 1995 that Im about to purchase has it should dyno around 360 rwhp and run a 12.5-13.0 at 110-115 mph....

Given the extra 130 rwhp from the mods and lightness of the car ( 3000-3100 pounds) I would expect faster ET's/MPH....People say that the lack of power in the lower rpm's is the corporate...

On the other hand people with only 100 shots of spray that dyno around 330 rwhp are much faster..They are in the 12.2-12.7 at 113-118 mph....People say that they are faster because the spray hits instantly in the lower rpm's...

So what about the high boost CTSC with a 25 shot????? I think the 25 shot would help a lot in the lower rpm's as well as interkool the boost lowering air intake temps??????

Is this safe on a stock internal engine?

Would this get the car close to 11's...at around 120 mph????

Anyone doing this.....I did a search but found very little

i had the similar question about CTSC NSX 1992 vs 2002 Nsx ....

I couldn't understand how with 100hp more, the time was so close...

One person told me to get an ecu program that would give me more hp quicker down low---if that makes sense... (ProSpeed)

well I have the CTSC x now, no dyno or track time yet....I have 25 - 75 jet kit with all the safety gear waiting for an install now, but I may wait until the CTSC wow feeling has wore off.....I came from a 91 auto to 92 (complete comptech kit low boost) .

Hopefully we will get some valuable info from your post......

Honestly I dont think the 3.0 CTSC NA1 is not close to the 3.2 NA2....

NA1 stock is 100-105 mph trapps

NA2 stock is 105-110 mph trapps

NA1 CTSC low boost is 109-114 mph trapps

NA1 high boost is 111-116 mph trapps

I remember dragging my 2004 auto Corvette..It ran 13.5-13.7 at 101-103 mph consistently.... Other guys who were running 13.1-13.3 at 105-108 mph literally destroyed me...

While a 13.1 at 108 may not look a whole lot faster than 13.5 at 103 on paper...When your actually at the drag strip it looks like you just got your doors blown off.

So an NA1 with a low boost CTSC who runs ....say an 12.8 at 111 mph is defiently much faster than somebody runnig a 13.3 at 107 in a NA2...much much much faster...

Making my auto C5 go from running 13.5 dead stock to 12.8 cost me around 7 grand and well over 100 trips down the 1320

I ran a 13:1 @ 107mph with sig mods minus at the time no BBTB and AEM.

to answer your question tho, this part of the sig may be what got me a NA2 time
:Comptech Short Gears,:

Honestly I dont think the 3.0 CTSC NA1 is not close to the 3.2 NA2....

NA1 stock is 100-105 mph trapps

NA2 stock is 105-110 mph trapps

NA1 CTSC low boost is 109-114 mph trapps

NA1 high boost is 111-116 mph trapps

I remember dragging my 2004 auto Corvette..It ran 13.5-13.7 at 101-103 mph consistently.... Other guys who were running 13.1-13.3 at 105-108 mph literally destroyed me...

While a 13.1 at 108 may not look a whole lot faster than 13.5 at 103 on paper...When your actually at the drag strip it looks like you just got your doors blown off.

So an NA1 with a low boost CTSC who runs ....say an 12.8 at 111 mph is defiently much faster than somebody runnig a 13.3 at 107 in a NA2...much much much faster...

Making my auto C5 go from running 13.5 dead stock to 12.8 cost me around 7 grand and well over 100 trips down the 1320

thanks for the info...

DOnt get me wrong I am happy with my SC X....I would have never paid 12 - 15 k for one installed.. as the org poster stated above...It just seem like the sc vs nitrous runs are better even with less NOS used. But i would have to assume ts due to you get all 100hp at one time unless running prog or window switch.......

75 shot Nos system with safety gear and a few goodies 1500 installed vs CTSC 8k used install to 12k new installed ....Thank God for ebay....I got my NOS kit with everything one could want for 400.00 new in box..... I was going to put it in my automatic....But got scared:cool:

its amazing how much money you have to spend while on the drag track......I was told its an exp addictive sport...I better stick to rock climbing....it can kill me but damn near free to do

Last edited:
Given the extra 130 rwhp from the mods and lightness of the car ( 3000-3100 pounds) I would expect faster ET's/MPH....People say that the lack of power in the lower rpm's is the corporate...
On the other hand people with only 100 shots of spray that dyno around 330 rwhp are much faster..They are in the 12.2-12.7 at 113-118 mph....People say that they are faster because the spray hits instantly in the lower rpm's...

So what about the high boost CTSC with a 25 shot????? I think the 25 shot would help a lot in the lower rpm's as well as interkool the boost lowering air intake temps??????

Anyone doing this.....I did a search but found very little
Do you really want to rely on e-knowledge (things you read on internet) and potentially add another wrecked car to your list of prevously RIP cars. Go turbo if you want your 120+mph trap speed.

Power is power, power to weight ratio is exactly just that. How capable is the driver? That is the question.

You can make boost off the line by slipping the clutch slightly if you got DRs. Good luck hooking up launching at as low as 2500rpm with steet tires(at 2500rpm, you already have extra 40~50rwtq). Spray 25 shot off the line +CTSC is asking for trouble and could potentially cause you to run slower time. If you want to spray, spray after 4~5k rpm.

75 shot Nos system with safety gear and a few goodies 1500 installed vs CTSC 8k used install to 12k new installed ....Thank God for ebay....I got my NOS kit with everything one could want for 400.00 new in box..... I was going to put it in my automatic....But got scared:cool:

its amazing how much money you have to spend while on the drag track......I was told its an exp addictive sport...I better stick to rock climbing....it can kill me but damn near free to do
Good for you, my very first mod was nitrous, (removed by Autowave). I had same mentality as all the clueless first time nitrous users, expecting it as the cheap answer. I was wrong. Most impractical mod I ever done. I passed on my experience to another primer. He didn't listen and ended up spending a ton of money setting up his nitrous kit + countless useless features. By now he is more than half way to HP turbo or even a 5spd swap. If he look back and recall my advice back then. I bet he wish he had done it differently.

What is with all these automatic NSX owners with no prior experience with nitrous and think nitrous is the solution.:confused:

Want to go fast in an automatic, go 997TT, Supra TT, Corvette, E55s.

Last edited:
Do you really want to rely on e-knowledge (things you read on internet) and potentially add another wrecked car to your list of prevously RIP cars. Go turbo if you want your 120+mph trap speed.

Power is power, power to weight ratio is exactly just that. How capable is the driver? That is the question.

You can make boost off the line by slipping the clutch slightly if you got DRs. Good luck hooking up launching at as low as 2500rpm with steet tires(at 2500rpm, you already have extra 40~50rwtq). Spray 25 shot off the line +CTSC is asking for trouble and could potentially cause you to run slower time. If you want to spray, spray after 4~5k rpm.

Good for you, my very first mod was nitrous, (removed by Autowave). I had same mentality as all the clueless first time nitrous users, expecting it as the cheap answer. I was wrong. Most impractical mod I ever done. I passed on my experience to another primer. He didn't listen and ended up spending a ton of money setting up his nitrous kit + countless useless features. By now he is more than half way to HP turbo or even a 5spd swap. If he look back and recall my advice back then. I bet he wish he had done it differently.

What is with all these automatic NSX owners with no prior experience with nitrous and think nitrous is the solution.:confused:

Want to go fast in an automatic, go 997TT, Supra TT, Corvette, E55s.

i loved my automatic and still do, but got tired of trying countless mods like headers,,,,,that made the car loss power on the low end...

so i copped a car with all the goodies.....exterior, inter, and eng mods....

i hate i spent so much on the automatic....But my mom will get her wish....60 yr old women who want an nsx....

Back to the org post..its amazing how much hp you need to get 0.5 of a sec...

almost seem like its better , def cheaper, to get rid of 100lbs vs adding 100hp...

i loved my automatic and still do, but got tired of trying countless mods like headers,,,,,that made the car loss power on the low end...

so i copped a car with all the goodies.....exterior, inter, and eng mods....

i hate i spent so much on the automatic....But my mom will get her wish....60 yr old women who want an nsx....

Back to the org post..its amazing how much hp you need to get 0.5 of a sec...

almost seem like its better , def cheaper, to get rid of 100lbs vs adding 100hp...

I dont know..A CTSC is a pretty big mod...Id expect your car to be in the mid 12 range....Thats quite a bit faster than NA nsx's...

But I also agree that I would never personally spin 12K to dyno 3xxx rwhp...But then again Im not a high roller and to me 12K is a lot of money for my toy...

But yea...If NXsupra's advice is to leave the bottle alone then maybe I will just leave well enough alone and settle for the 340-380 rwhp my car will have with the CTSC and do as much weight reduction as possible..

Id like to get the car to under 2850 pounds...That set up would be a beaste on a road course...

As far as TT's go I would never do them...I dragged to many 500-700 rwhp Supras and ran close or beat them in my only 410-470 rwhp Vipers due to them taking so long to spool....That could not be good on a road course...

As far as TT's go I would never do them...I dragged to many 500-700 rwhp Supras and ran close or beat them in my only 410-470 rwhp Vipers due to them taking so long to spool....That could not be good on a road course...

this is an ignorant comment

But yea...If NXsupra's advice is to leave the bottle alone then maybe I will just leave well enough alone and settle for the 340-380 rwhp my car will have with the CTSC and do as much weight reduction as possible..

Id like to get the car to under 2850 pounds...That set up would be a beaste on a road course...

That is not my point. $1000 for a proper set up is cheap lesson. The advice I mentioned above only applies to that particular prime member. I estimate his cost so far is approaching $5k+, which is not far from HP turbo kit from the start,.

My point is don't rely on e-knowledge and make assumptions until you experience the cars. Experience it then address whatever you find necessary.

There is a search "all posts by user function" on this forum. Sometimes there are kids come on here and make claims that they own this NSX or that FI NSX. Reading some of their recent posts easily bust their bubbles.

Regarding TT, again power is power, no way around power to weight ratio. It is up to driver to deliver. You can also built boost prior of launching with turbo in both manual and automatic. Thre are a lot of ultra fast spooling Supras (not all Supras are dyno queens). An automatic Supra with high stall torque converter is outrageously fast off the line.

Ryan Woon 3.4L 6spd Supra at SILV 06. 8.88 @ 167.

Whoaa..Didnt mean to offend anyone with my TT comment..

You have to remember that I was in 8.0-8.3 liter cars....So sure their boost wasnt gonna hit nearly anywere as fast as na 8.x liter engine...

But my intentions will be to build a comfortable track/street car...TT's in my opinion are not what I would want for my purposes...

Now if I was going for an all out drag car then i would go TT...

But honestly if I wanted an all out drag car I would just buy another 1996-1999 Forged from the factory viper and add a 150 shot and slicks and call it a day... Problem is that that would not be a very fun car to drive every day and is defiently not fun on the short SCCA courses we have here in hawaii ( already tried and failed miserably)

But ( again IMHO) I think the CTSC would be better for me on a road course/daily driver as the SC is more predictable than the TT....Then if I did want the power of the TT with my CTSC then I think a small 25 shot of the bottle would help my CTSC get closer to TT performance for the few ocassions that I do drag race the car...

TT's are awesome when done right and I ment no disrespect to any TT users. I was only stateing my personal experiance..( And yes a stalled TT Supra pushing 650 rwhp is a 10 second car) and they can be very lethal

turbo lag is a problem only if your in the wrong gear.

im pushing a gt30r with a stock mr2 long block. in the right gear, 0 lag.

off the line your big muscle has the same issue as our turbo lag.

in first you cant hammer it or all your hp goes up in smoke.

on the other hand, we can over come 1 gear turbo lag with antilag or 2 step.

once again, the tuner or the driver is crap. :biggrin:

btw, keep in mind, people love talking big. is their 600hp supra really a 600HP surpa?

the TT supra handles very well. she's big but she handles.

dude a CTSC "lags" more than a properly set up turbo....

its funny to me that EVERYONE bases thier turbo knowledge or understanding on supras...which after they are all whored up...kinda suck except for dragging....

there is a couple worked vipers in our little group, they are no problem for a turboed NSX...off the line, in the straights...doesnt matter..

Please do bring your lack of understanding about these cars and talk like you have all the answes.. all cars are different 9somewhat) and i would not go into a viper forum, cause i want a GTS and start saying silly things. I would wait till i inderstood what i was talking about befor i said something silly. :)

:biggrin: well......turbo "lag" is actually a componant of the engine compression, more than the size of the turbo.

so with that is mind, even a LARGE turbo, matched to the engine properly will have little to no "lag"....

its funny, cause a turbo car typically makes more TQ than a SC car....that is according to Vortec, and we know what they make :biggrin:

Guys..Again no disrespect to you turbo guys...But Ive been doing this game for a little while and I know for a fact that all turbos have lagg..

Moreso than a roots style supercharger and much more so then an NA car...

The supra in question that I last beat doing somthing that I will never do again is a true 600 rwhp auto Supra that has ran 10's on more than one ocassion and has been futured in a magazine...

Yes the guy can drive. The only reason I won 2 out of three was because of the turbo lagg..Did it have little to hardly any lag..INDEED as it is a well set up Supra..But an NA 8.x litre 500 rwt vehicle has no lag what so ever...Actually quite the opposite and they hit so hard that they are very easy to wreck even at 70 mph when being hammered.

After turning the boost up to the highest level he did beat me by 1/2 a car length and consequently blew up the engine...

Anyways..Ive raced more cars than I can remember...And the turbo cars always got pulled hard off the 3 beep..Some of them had enough power to eventually run me down..Some didnt. But the NA and supercharged cars were always right their beside me...Especially a S2000 that was supercharged pushing 350 rwhp...He stayed kneck and kneck with my stock 410 rwhp 99 Viper till 130 mph...Much better than most TT cars.

Again I mean no disrespect as all cars are differant and it seams that the TT NSX's are really holding their own...But I have raced so many NA/turbo/SC cars at the strip and more than I can remember doing somthing that I will never do again on the street and my feelings are that Id prefer a SC or NA car.

No disrespect intended as I know everyones personal set up is very near and dear to their heart and I respect your choices...It's just my and only my opinion that for SCCA/road courses id rather have a SC....For the drag strip or illegal highway battles then TT all the way

btw... not going 2 crash the nsx r ya:frown:

Honestly this is why I chose the NSX...I had a deal on a full race ready 2003 SRT10 Viper pushing 570 rwhp naturally asperated...The deal was done and the price was agreed apon for an amazing 54K shipped to hawaii...The deal of a century in my eyes as the car has a very clean history and had 35K in modifications..A true race/street car...

But my wife/friends talked me out of it as I had already wrecked a 450 rwhp Viper and a 470 rwhp Viper....I barely walked away from the second wreck..wHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF i WRECKED THIS 570 RWHP MONSTER DOING SOMTHING THAT i WILL NEVER DO AGAIN ( ILLEGAL STREET RACING)....

My friends/wife told me the third time I would die....Vipers are the most wrecked exotic out their...But they are so fun....But just when you think you have the snake tamed it bites you and your hitting a wall at 70 mph...

Id driven my friends 05 NSX as well as felt the acelleration from 1/4 mile testing...It was totally the opposite of the Viper..Soft acelleration at first and then harder and harder...Much safer than the Vipers instant power and softer acelleration as the rpm's climb...

A NSX is a fast car..But for my particular driving style I will be much safer with it's power/handling than the Vipers and Im hoping that Ive learned my lesson and will not make the same mistake again. Im hopeing that the NSX is the car that makes me realize that theirs a lot more to a car than going fast to 60 mph or 1320 feet.

Honestly this is why I chose the NSX...I had a deal on a full race ready 2003 SRT10 Viper pushing 570 rwhp naturally asperated...The deal was done and the price was agreed apon for an amazing 54K shipped to hawaii...The deal of a century in my eyes as the car has a very clean history and had 35K in modifications..A true race/street car...

But my wife/friends talked me out of it as I had already wrecked a 450 rwhp Viper and a 470 rwhp Viper....I barely walked away from the second wreck..wHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF i WRECKED THIS 570 RWHP MONSTER DOING SOMTHING THAT i WILL NEVER DO AGAIN ( ILLEGAL STREET RACING)....

My friends/wife told me the third time I would die....Vipers are the most wrecked exotic out their...But they are so fun....But just when you think you have the snake tamed it bites you and your hitting a wall at 70 mph...

Id driven my friends 05 NSX as well as felt the acelleration from 1/4 mile testing...It was totally the opposite of the Viper..Soft acelleration at first and then harder and harder...Much safer than the Vipers instant power and softer acelleration as the rpm's climb...

A NSX is a fast car..But for my particular driving style I will be much safer with it's power/handling than the Vipers and Im hoping that Ive learned my lesson and will not make the same mistake again. Im hopeing that the NSX is the car that makes me realize that theirs a lot more to a car than going fast to 60 mph or 1320 feet.

sound like you have some intresting stories to tell.. from exp.....

Thats cool with me....

Guys..Again no disrespect to you turbo guys...But Ive been doing this game for a little while and I know for a fact that all turbos have lagg..

Moreso than a roots style supercharger and much more so then an NA car...

The supra in question that I last beat doing somthing that I will never do again is a true 600 rwhp auto Supra that has ran 10's on more than one ocassion and has been futured in a magazine...

Yes the guy can drive. The only reason I won 2 out of three was because of the turbo lagg..Did it have little to hardly any lag..INDEED as it is a well set up Supra..But an NA 8.x litre 500 rwt vehicle has no lag what so ever...Actually quite the opposite and they hit so hard that they are very easy to wreck even at 70 mph when being hammered.

After turning the boost up to the highest level he did beat me by 1/2 a car length and consequently blew up the engine...

Let's be honest, the Supra that you raced agreed to race you with the BC turned off, on pump/w meth. That first race you had him by a car and a half or 2. From my angle it was about 2 cars. The second Race, he brought the boost up to about 24 lbs.
That is still kinda far from high boost. But the problem for him occured when the Meth didn't shoot and running higher boost and pump gas, his motor went.

cest la vie..

That is a bold statement:cool:.

Bugatti Veyron, R35 GTR.

Yes the guy can drive.
Really?:wink: Maybe other factors?

This is example of proper driven Supra with an automatic and just a modest 600rwhp:
http://www.boostwerx.com/vids/9.71short.wmv

Anyways..Ive raced more cars than I can remember...And the turbo cars always got pulled hard off the 3 beep..Some of them had enough power to eventually run me down..Some didnt. But the NA and supercharged cars were always right their beside me...Especially a S2000 that was supercharged pushing 350 rwhp...He stayed kneck and kneck with my stock 410 rwhp 99 Viper till 130 mph...Much better than most TT cars.
Power to weight ratio. The SCs for S2Ks are mostly centrifugal type. Wait until you come across a turbo one with significantly fatter powerband.

But my wife/friends talked me out of it as I had already wrecked a 450 rwhp Viper and a 470 rwhp Viper....I barely walked away from the second wreck

http://www.skipbarber.com

dunno.gif

Let's be honest, the Supra that you raced agreed to race you with the BC turned off, on pump/w meth. That first race you had him by a car and a half or 2. From my angle it was about 2 cars. The second Race, he brought the boost up to about 24 lbs.
That is still kinda far from high boost. But the problem for him occured when the Meth didn't shoot and running higher boost and pump gas, his motor went.

cest la vie..

supras 980 plus......geewise...

Last edited:

cest la vie..

LOL..lets be REALLY honest. On that race I was running 21 psi. I usually run 28 psi on the street. We were trying to recreate a race earlier where you said you pulled me and let off and I disagreed. We were BOTH supposed to run the cars the EXACT same way. In fact, before the race you made sure the check and see that I was running the same 21psi. You failed to mention the fact that you took off your exhaust and cats for extra power. When I turned the boost up just a lil higher you were beaten. That still was not the boost level I run a a daily basis. I didnt blow up my engine, I lost the #6 piston. That was because my meth wasnt not coming on due to my wiring harness being damaged. I knew that, I took the risk to turn up the boost and paid the price. I have no problem with that. Plus you failed to mention that I found out later I had 12 bent exhaust valves at the time. If my car was 100 percent it would have not even been close, even at 21 psi.

Back