• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DownForce 2010 Sale - THMotorsports - Look Inside

THMotorsports is pleased to announce that we are the newest distributor of DownForce products. This seemed to be the next step we needed to take in order to satisfy all of our NSX customers. To show our excitement, we are offering great deals on all DownForce products.

To kick things off, im thinking of doing a group buy on what you all are most interested in. Post up here what you're looking for, and ill gauge interest based upon the responses.

In addition, if you are looking for something in particular, feel free to PM me for special NSXPrime Pricing.

-Nick

Re: **DownForce 2010 Sale - THMotorsports - Look Inside**

Nick, can you PM me the prices for these interior DF carbon fiber parts? This was USA1's car before he sold it (I hosted his for sale pics).

12.jpg

Part Number: DF-AAA410 NO VIN
The VINLESS Side Step replaces your worn and dirty scuff plate with high gloss carbon fiber side steps. Our plate is a direct replacement of the plastic scuff plates. This version is a plain smooth step plate in case you lost your original VIN plaques. The mounting is the same as the factory and requires you to reuse the factory metal retainer clips.

Part Number: DF-AAA411 VIN

This version has a recessed area to mount your factory VIN placards. The mounting is the same as the factory and requires you to reuse the factory metal retainer clips.

and

Part Number: DF-AAA405

Direct replacement of the dull factory plastic cowl trim. DF has made this product the perfect choice because it is priced below the factory ABS plastic piece. Made of carbon fiber with durable clear coat finish.

THMotorsports is pleased to announce that we are the newest distributor of DownForce products. This seemed to be the next step we needed to take in order to satisfy all of our NSX customers. To show our excitement, we are offering great deals on all DownForce products.

To kick things off, im thinking of doing a group buy on what you all are most interested in. Post up here what you're looking for, and ill gauge interest based upon the responses.

In addition, if you are looking for something in particular, feel free to PM me for special NSXPrime Pricing.

-Nick

This might seem a bit rude, but if we wanted any DF products, why wouldn't we just go straight to them to buy them?
It seems like you are admittedly just a distributor for them, then you are having to mark up the products a certain amount to make it worth your while. Nobody does anything for free.

:rolleyes: What are you talking about? Why does SOS sell downforce products along with some other vendors? Why then should any retail operation exist if we can buy directly from the manufacturer? When someone is a distributor for any brand or product, they do not pay the list MSRP. Obviously THM is receiving a discount and those who are posting in this thread are hoping to be the recipients of this benefit.

This might seem a bit rude, but if we wanted any DF products, why wouldn't we just go straight to them to buy them?
It seems like you are admittedly just a distributor for them, then you are having to mark up the products a certain amount to make it worth your while. Nobody does anything for free.

Last edited:
When i was purchasing coilovers from TH Motorsports they told me that i'm getting allmost $500 off msrp price only because THM has a discount that i would not be able to get and they are willing to share it with me. When i was not happy with the setup i called THM saying that i would like to return what i bought, they were supposed to call me back but they never did, i called next week and the person that i was talking to said that he is very busy but he has to call some people and he will call me back ( it was a co owner). I called few more times but i already had an idea of where this is going so i gave up. Finally i decided to go to the manufacturer to see if they would be interested in buying the product back from me, what i heard was that i got ripped off on the price big time since the manufacturer could give me a way better deal. I ended up selling my setup on prime.

Just my .02

:rolleyes: What are you talking about? Why does SOS sell downforce products along with some other vendors? Why then should any retail operation exist if we can buy directly from the manufacturer? When someone is a distributor for any brand or product, they do not pay the list MSRP. Obviously THM is receiving a discount and those who are posting in this thread are hoping to be the recipients of this benefit.

:confused:What parts are THMotorsports recieving a discount on?

Sorry you had a bad experience. I'm assuming this was over a year ago when this happened? I've been dealing with Nick recently. I definitely do my due diligence and their service and prices has been nothing less then stellar. :cool:

When i was purchasing coilovers from TH Motorsports they told me that i'm getting allmost $500 off msrp price only because THM has a discount that i would not be able to get and they are willing to share it with me. When i was not happy with the setup i called THM saying that i would like to return what i bought, they were supposed to call me back but they never did, i called next week and the person that i was talking to said that he is very busy but he has to call some people and he will call me back ( it was a co owner). I called few more times but i already had an idea of where this is going so i gave up. Finally i decided to go to the manufacturer to see if they would be interested in buying the product back from me, what i heard was that i got ripped off on the price big time since the manufacturer could give me a way better deal. I ended up selling my setup on prime.

Just my .02

I wouldn't say its rude, rather just an inquiry. As with many manufacturers who have distributors, they usually only sell their products at full MSRP, in an effort to drive business to their distributors. If a manufacturer was to sell their products below their own set MSRP, there would be no point to having dealer, i.e. THMotorsports.

A manufacturer would have to do all their own marketing at this point, creating much more stress and work for them. The point of having distributors is to offload this work, and to more efficiently market a manufacturer's product.

If you were to call ACT directly, to buy a clutch, they would be more than happy to sell it to you at full MSRP. Now if you were to call us, an authorized dealer, we would sell it to you at a discount. ACT, as well as many other companies, does this to essentially increase their market foot print. ACT would not want to employ X amount of employees to market their product on the hundreds of web forums on the internet, it simply wouldn't be cost effective.

Correct.

Just my .02

How long ago was this issue? Im guessing it was before I started working for the company. I would love to help you out here, but it seems as though you've already reached a resolution, albeit; one that was not satisfactory. If you have any more questions or problems, feel free to PM, call or email me. For the time being, lets try to keep this thread on point.

:confused:What parts are THMotorsports recieving a discount on?

We receive a discount on every product we carry, just as any other distributor does.

^ I'm making a general statement. I'm sure TH can chime in. When someone is a distributor/dealer, they are not paying the list price from the manufacturer. Would that make any sense anyways?

Yep.

I wouldn't say its rude, rather just an inquiry. As with many manufacturers who have distributors, they usually only sell their products at full MSRP, in an effort to drive business to their distributors. If a manufacturer was to sell their products below their own set MSRP, there would be no point to having dealer, i.e. THMotorsports.

A manufacturer would have to do all their own marketing at this point, creating much more stress and work for them. The point of having distributors is to offload this work, and to more efficiently market a manufacturer's product.

If you were to call ACT directly, to buy a clutch, they would be more than happy to sell it to you at full MSRP. Now if you were to call us, an authorized dealer, we would sell it to you at a discount. ACT, as well as many other companies, does this to essentially increase their market foot print. ACT would not want to employ X amount of employees to market their product on the hundreds of web forums on the internet, it simply wouldn't be cost effective.

That is the type of response I was expecting.
Not the type that someone else decided to put.
So are we to expect to pay less from you for the part than from them?

Wow... just wow.

No offense. Im not understanding Synth19, why you are having a problem with what 92nsx is inquiring about. Im guessing all 92 wants to know is, what is THM selling specifically and at what price?

Downforce is selling the interior cowl piece for $260.
http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16228&cat=290&page=1

So what is THMotorsports selling them for? Am I wrong for asking that? I could see if downforce didnt have a website and weren't selling them.

source 1 is selling a stmpo product.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132088
We know we can get it from stmpo, source 1 is selling them installed at stated price, end of story.

Intro yourself as a vendor, post info about your products for sell, list a price so we can make a decision. Not understanding all the hush-hush some of the new vendors.

Im sincerely not trying to have neg tone or start anything but the above stated format CAN'T be that hard to do as a vendor. Thats keep us from asking questions and getting blasted for asking wondering the real question, HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
How about Stacey side skirts or 02+ rear valence..

Ko-nsx, I dont have a problem with 92nsx. I do have a problem with people asking a question after it's already been answered. I'll be direct here since people here don't seem to get it. I'm not speaking for TH since I do not know their practices, but this is how it often goes:

1. A company becomes a dealer for a certain manufacturer.
2. Manufacturer sells product to dealer at a discount/dealer rate.
3. Manufacturer gives a price range that the product should be sold for to the dealer.

ie. Dealer purchases product for $200. Manufacturer states products should be sold between $240-$260.

4. Dealer decides to sell the product BELOW the recommended price by the manufacturer for whatever reason (promotion, introductory sale, close out, etc). Since manufacturer are well aware this is a common practice, manufacturer instructs dealer never to publicly advertise these prices.

5. Dealer then states for the best price "PM me."

Using the above example, dealer sells product for $215.

If you guys do not want to benefit from this, then go ahead and continue to pay more on parts. I've been buying aftermarket parts for over 10 years and I ALWAYS see threads on various forums with "PM for best price." I guess, this is not common on Prime.

Ko-nsx, I dont have a problem with 92nsx. I do have a problem with people asking a question after it's already been answered. I'll be direct here since people here don't seem to get it. If you guys do not want to benefit from this, then go ahead and continue to pay more on parts. I've been buying aftermarket parts for over 10 years and I ALWAYS see threads on various forums with "PM for best price." I guess, this is not common on Prime.

Ok, cool on the 92nsx deal:smile:. I understand and thank you for clarification on how to buy aftermarket parts. In closing, im a "group buy" kinda guy.

Synth19 pretty much hit it on the head. I will try and break it down a bit more. Manufacturers generally have 2 price points:

1: MSRP - Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, everyone knows what this is.

2: MAP - This stands for Minimum Advertised Price. This is the lowest price a distributor is allowed to ADVERTISE.

Yes, we get a nice discount on all the parts we carry...and since we are such a nice company, we decide to pass the savings on to you all!

Im selling DF so you guys have more options on where to buy them. I believe I gave a pretty good intro in my KW thread, as well I've had some very satisfied customers from this board.

Check it out here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131294

If you guys have anymore questions, please call, email or PM me, but for the time being...keep this thread limited to discussion about DF products.

-Nick
[email protected]
1.800.959.0145 ext. 8

Back