• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving with exhaust disconnected from turbo

I'm thinking of having later model oem headers installed on my 96 turbo and am wondering if I have the headers installed at one shop can I drive it to a shop that would then fab up any connections that would need to be made. I assume I would not have the exhaust connected and I would have to drive about 15 miles. Anyone know if the car would run OK or would I need to have it flat bedded. I like the first shop better for the install but they don't do stainless welding.

I'm thinking of having later model oem headers installed on my 96 turbo and am wondering if I have the headers installed at one shop can I drive it to a shop that would then fab up any connections that would need to be made. I assume I would not have the exhaust connected and I would have to drive about 15 miles. Anyone know if the car would run OK or would I need to have it flat bedded. I like the first shop better for the install but they don't do stainless welding.

earlier model nsx headers are longer than late model.. so if you source the cantrell style (came with every set sold I believe) adapters... you would be ok at shop #1 and fully hooked up. if you have 95-96 headers pr oem headers.. there are complications

Miami is correct though... stay away from rpms.. higher the rpm.. higher the risk

Back