• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno Day! Interested?

Bump - anyone else? Can someone post this on the Prime facebook page? I was expecting at least 10 cars!

1. relapse
2. B2FiNiTY
3. mochanges
4. Speedy93 (NSX)
5. Speedy93 (Challenger)

WOW, wheres everyone at? i thought there would be more people in on this. dyno days are fun. the sound of your car under a lode at high RPM. flames out the exhaust. come on people, dont you want to see what kind of rwhp your car really has? is there any that are going to come out and watch? when i had my STI we would do a couple dyno days a year and would always have 15-20 cars. it was amazing to see what some of these sleepers where putting down.

WOW, wheres everyone at? i thought there would be more people in on this. dyno days are fun. the sound of your car under a lode at high RPM. flames out the exhaust. come on people, dont you want to see what kind of rwhp your car really has? is there any that are going to come out and watch? when i had my STI we would do a couple dyno days a year and would always have 15-20 cars. it was amazing to see what some of these sleepers where putting down.

Seriously! Not to sound selfish (but I do), but the lack of interest is making me look bad when I talk to the shop haha! I posted on the NSX Prime facebook page today and got no comments yet. I also opened up to rx7club and supraforums just now. Lou from DNR Performance would prefer exotic-like cars so if you know anyone with an exotic (use your own definition), then invite them along. Spread the word, there's still time!

BTW, we got our first Supra (MKIV), woot!

Last edited:
Seriously! Not to sound selfish (but I do), but the lack of interest is making me look bad when I talk to the shop haha! I posted on the NSX Prime facebook page today and got no comments yet. I also opened up to rx7club and supraforums just now. Lou from DNR Performance would prefer exotic-like cars so if you know anyone with an exotic (use your own definition), then invite them along. Spread the word, there's still time!

ill be there for some emotional support !

I think you're relatively new to the Bay Area NSX group correct? Many of us old timers however are very much aware of the difficulty for reasons known and unknown of getting a large group of Bay Area NSX people together for any event. I think I have been rather lucky in my last couple of events but I can tell you from experience its difficult to get a good turnout. I thought with the addition of so many new NSX owners this might change but maybe not. The amount of NSX owners is small and the amount of them that have the time and will to come out to events is smaller. It's frustrating and I feel your pain but don't be discouraged.

Check out my Xmas dinner I'm trying to arrange for the Bay Area NSX owners. You would think people would be signing up like crazy but so far only 5 including myself. If it doesn't work out well thats OK because I will probably do what I did last year which is have a small private dinner with a couple of NSX buddies

Correct, I'm new to the Bay Area NSX group. Maybe my expectations were set so high because of the great turnout at your Bay 2 Bay run!

How about this - if you go to dyno day, I'll go to the Xmas dinner haha. Deal? List of cars dyno'ing reposted:

1. relapse (NSX)
2. B2FiNiTY (NSX)
3. mochanges (NSX)
4. Speedy93 (NSX)
5. Speedy93 (Challenger)
6. BorHor (from supraforums - Supra)

I've also got a couple of non-NSX buddies who want to dyno as well so that makes it 8 cars so far. If we get 3 more NSXs, I'll bring donuts!

1. relapse (NSX)
2. B2FiNiTY (NSX)
3. mochanges (NSX)
4. Speedy93 (NSX)
5. Speedy93 (Challenger)
6. BorHor (from supraforums - Supra)
7. YaosAuto
(from supraforums - Supra)

The donut offer still stands...

Couple questions. When is too late to show up? and is it cash only or will they take cards/paypal?

I'd say past 1PM would be too late to show up. PM me your phone number and I'll give you mine so you can check with me if it's too late. They accept credit cards. See you on Saturday!

I'd say past 1PM would be too late to show up. PM me your phone number and I'll give you mine so you can check with me if it's too late. They accept credit cards. See you on Saturday!

might want to update the list with the two supra guys that flaked cause of rain! thought i give you a heads up

Ugh yeah, you're right. Here's the updated list. I got some friends to join too. Feel free to invite ANY non-AWD car.

1. relapse (NSX)
2. mochanges (NSX)
3. Speedy93 (NSX)
4. Speedy93 (Challenger)
5. friend (RSX-S)
6. friend (Civic SI)

I'll be there well before 1, shooting for 11. See you guys there. You'll have to forgive the state of the car, lots of small things in progress.

Psshh wait 'til you see my car. Someone hit me at work and my front bumper is zip tied on the passenger side (insurance check is coming). Also there's a huge dent on my driver's side door from a truck shooting a piece of plywood from its rear tires. See you tomorrow!

Thanks Relapse for setting this up.

Had a great time as usual, pics to come.

I've posted my chart up in the dyno archive thread.

My pleasure. Even though it was only a few of us, it was great fun nonetheless. mochanges, I recommend you post your dyno results on the dyno registry thread too: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/109312-NSX-Dyno-Library-Registry . When Speedy93 gets retuned, I'm sure he'll post his :). I thought they were great numbers even without a tune!

The final list of cars that dyno'ed today were: 4 NSXs, 1 MKIV Supra, 1 Challenger. They weren't set up to dyno FWD cars today for some reason - not sure if that's a permanent thing or not.

Looking forward to the pics and vids!

Back