• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ebay auction any thoughts jh4na1156mt001465

Re: Ebay auction any thoughts

I would move on.....too many challenges!
Good luck.

thoughts....most sellers paint an overly rosey picture of thier car,his description is pretty grim so what does that tell you.A quality full paint is north of 6k.The interior bits another 1-2k including labor.mechanical work you would need depends on service history.If you can afford 25-27k there are so many nicer cars out there.

Thanks guys always help having solid back up opinions. I just saw it today and emailed the owner. We'll see what he has to say. If he could cut a good deal like around 14k or something then I might still be interested.

@doc I agree there is a good bit of work to be done.

If you can get him to go for 18-20 then get it, nothing feels better than bringing a car back to Mint. I am doing it for mine, yea its a slow process
as money does fly into my bank. LOL

it does need most of the major things which isnt cheap. but if the price was lower then maybe it would be worth your time. and the guy does need money. so a good offer might make his walet wiggle

My 2 cents

Thanks guys always help having solid back up opinions. I just saw it today and emailed the owner. We'll see what he has to say. If he could cut a good deal like around 14k or something then I might still be interested.

@doc I agree there is a good bit of work to be done.

At 14k its a decent deal, over 14k, PASS. Offer and see what he says.

Haha I saw this ad earlier on ebay too. Price was enticing until you see that it needs paint. Mechanical issues don't seem that bad. But factor in all those little things plus paint and it's just not worth it. Would rather get a high mileage nsx for the same price that has all the maintenance done and doesn't require paint :tongue:

But yeah... 14k seems about right.

eBay said:
The front fenders have little dings due to the front bumper hitting the curb (as pictured).

He must have really smacked the crap out of the "curb" to put "dings" up that high in the fender. :eek:

If you are looking to be able to get in and purchase an NSX because you don't have the financial resources to pay more than the $17k or $14k if you can negotiate the price down, and can do some of the work yourself, and if you don't mind it being a labor of love and working to restore the car then this might be an okay car for you.

Otherwise, I would probably continue to dream, look and save up. That is more or less what I did.

This one in St Louis

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-N...iewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f0137d96d

has a make offer or buy it now of $27,900. It does show Accident or damage reported. A person would want to check into that. But the pictures look like it is a fairly nice car. The under carriage looks pretty clean. Apparently driven on nice days.

It is a dealer so I'm sure they expect more. But they do encourage potential purchasers to do a PPI.

I just used this for an example, because it is right there listed with the other NSX's on this site.

Mainly, just to compare the car you are asking about with the $17k price compared to one ~ $10k more. It doesn't take long for the $$$ to add up when purchasing parts for an NSX.

But the lower priced car could get you into an NSX and if you enjoy working on cars and bringing them back to life, it could make for a fun hobby, and then you can figure the expense of doing so as an entertainment expense. Not to mention, the fun you could have driving it around town while you are working on it, etc.

I would think if you could purchase the car in the $14k to $17k range, that you would be able to sell it for that same amount. Heck, people purchase new vehicles and lose $10k + when they drive them off the lot.

Keep us posted on your search.... there is lots of fun in the hunt too.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input guys. I sent the seller a lengthy email asking many of the FAQs snap ring title issues and such. No reply. I saw the price and immediately was interested. I think it is safe to say this is a deal going nowhere. Thanks again for everyone's help.

There are two ways to look at a car like this that has no reserve:

1. It has some big issues - maybe engine - it has a wide body kit - may have had a turbo or SC and the engine may need to have a leak down/compression test. Or other issues not disclosed by this little dealership.

2. It's a great car and the guy thinks it will pull big bucks.....not.

So what is this thing - for sure the engine bay looks ROUGH - like it has had an SC on it. I wouldn't trust this without a full PPI. This one has some trouble spelled out on it. I don't know if I believe the odometer reading but autocheck says ok.....mmmmm??? Personally I wouldn't touch it. But someone that has a lot of time and money to rebuild it might just make out ok if it was purchased near where it is now for sure. But think if it needs and engine build - 15k - tranny syncros - 3k - regular maintenance items - no records - another 6k. So you can add it up quick on this one. I may be way off but the only way to tell is have a guy you really trust on the ppi. Doesn't look good to me; that's my gut feeling.

did anyone buy this car? its back up for sale, from the few pics it looks clean, a little over modded maybe. nothing that can't be changed. 00x0x_Oo7O3N4Qur_600x450.jpg

Back