• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fake TE37 that looks good

Hi guys, I've been shelving my 18" front TE37 for 4 yrs, just so I couldn't adjust the cost of getting a matching 19" rear. then I came across this:
http://varrstoen.com/shoponline19.html
Looks promising as they have the deep offset I really like.

Had anyone tried to contacting this guy for an aggressive wheel setup that looks good? These aren't expensive enough and looks really good. For a set of 18/19 for show or photo. this will fit the bills.

I supposed, the 19*9.5 et35 on the lexus Is setup will look very good for the nsx?

i totally like this:
5005.jpg

^ That picture shows LE37's (polished lip). Not sure if varrstoen makes an LE37 knock off. I only saw their fake TE's on their site. Here is my 2 cents. Why don't you just save up and get the real deal. You should have had a "TE fund" for the past 4 years. ;)

totally agree +1

If I know Dreamer the way I *think* I know him :wink: it's probably because like any track rat he spends the money where he needs it (on real performance mods) and don't want to "waste" money on street wheels that do nothing more than allow him to not roll on his soft, hardcore tires.

AMIRITE? :cool:

I clicked on your link... those are $1050 per rim?? Or is that for all 4? lol!

You might as well sell your 18's and just get a whole set if the price is for all 4...

If it's not for all 4, those are damn expensive!

Last edited:
Spoke to them today, I may order some BUT they will not sell 18/19 so I have to buy one set 18 and one set 19, which means I will end up with two sets, if anyone wants a set, let me know. They will need custom machining to fit nicely - which is where I come in...

Spoke to them today, I may order some BUT they will not sell 18/19 so I have to buy one set 18 and one set 19, which means I will end up with two sets, if anyone wants a set, let me know. They will need custom machining to fit nicely - which is where I come in...

which offsets are you getting? I am def interested.

I managed to find a cheap set of RAZE wannabees on ebay. Don't hate me Synth. I am going for a look, not looking to spend $400 a rim, and the money I saved will go towards some lightweight racing rims in the future(enkei). But yeah, i will have to mind my potholes VERY carefully now. Similiar to the OPs line of thinking probably.

Last edited:
Oyagi: Have we talked or you just read my mind. It's a proven fact that 18/19 wheels are not a performance mod (but they look very nice), unless you modify your fender, wide body or pushing 400+ whp... I went from 18/18 back to 17/18. Thus the extra pair of 18 fronts.

Angus: I know you will step up, you wheel whore!! :biggrin: on the web site they do have the custom color and drilling available. I believed $2-300 for the color and $40 for the custom fitting??

Synth19: I don't think I'm anywhere closed to you ballers spending tons of money; but then I believed I'm pushing double of my car's worth for the mods on my nsx. That prob. nothing in the car enthusiast's world; it's INSANE to 90% of our US population.

Last edited:
I contact them also, a few days ago and they told me the same, that they wont split a set of these wheel, they came as a set in same size.

Angus had the best solution, get two interested persons and buy two sets, that way will work.
In my opinion i found these wheels great, 19" concave looks aggressive.

Im considering buying these, they have custom colors
I want it Bronze or takata green:biggrin:

Going to try to sell my wheels to get these, if i sell my wheels fast i will contact you Angus

Last edited:
I was supposed to intern at their company a few months back. I can see if they will let me test fit the wheels and possibly take some pics. Last time i asked they didnt want to sell me wheels at all. They stated they did not have any nsx fitment wheels.

Again, Angus or anyone interested in getting a set. I am ready to buy whenever any of you are. Let me know what offsets and sizes you are getting.

Wow they actually look really good for knock offs. 1k for a set is a steal. I may have to consider these if they fit properly. An extra set of rims never hurt.

OUCH - 21lbs for 18" front and 30lbs for the 19" rears!!!!!!!!!

I will probably get the 19x9.5 rears in 35 offset , and 18x8 35 offset (machined to a 40) As they only offer the wheels in 35 offset , I will have to have them machined and also the hub bore will need to be drilled to 64.1mm on the rear wheels.

Also the color is only matte black in the 19" so I will have to repaint them.

I keep you guys posted!

Hey angus, if you can put together a package of cheapie te37 knockoffs I'd be keen to pick up a set for street tires.

Yes keep us posted. You could probably get away with the +35 offset on a 18x8. I run a +38 on a 18x8 and I have some room left. No rubbing

I will probably get the 19x9.5 rears in 35 offset , and 18x8 35 offset (machined to a 40) As they only offer the wheels in 35 offset , I will have to have them machined and also the hub bore will need to be drilled to 64.1mm on the rear wheels.

Also the color is only matte black in the 19" so I will have to repaint them.

I keep you guys posted!

These knock offs do look pretty decent.

Wow, Im kind of surprised that so many of you guys are even considering knock off wheels for the NSX no matter how good they look.:confused:

Plus, it sounds like they don't offer the ideal fitment for NSX and they need to be slightly modified. I know angus is the wheel expert, but I would be sacred to machine cheap wheels...might make already 'weak' wheels even 'weaker'.

These knock offs do look pretty decent.

Wow, Im kind of surprised that so many of you guys are even considering knock off wheels for the NSX no matter how good they look.:confused:

Plus, it sounds like they don't offer the ideal fitment for NSX and they need to be slightly modified. I know angus is the wheel expert, but I would be sacred to machine cheap wheels...might make already 'weak' wheels even 'weaker'.

The small amount we need to machine wll not make any difference at all in strength.

Again, if you want performance and/or care about unsprung weight, forget 18 front and 19 rear.

other than that, blvd pimping, going to car shows or meets, who cares?

My 19x9.5's weigh about 18lbs if I remember.

My aftermarket 18/19 setup with tires weighed in a little less than stock... which is amazing considering the size of the tires/rims. That's the whole point of paying a little extra for the forged rims... otherwise I'd say just keep it stock.

best "fakes" i've ever seen.. and they offer good offsets

Everyone who is interested (by this I mean ready to put down $) please PM me , and I will see what I can do , they are supposed to be in end of May and expected to sell out quickly!

NSX fitment will consist of:

18x8 + 35 (can be machined to +40)

19x9.5 +35

- Color is matte black (or any custom colors additional $)

- Center caps included

If this actually takes off, I will start a new thread in vendor section.

Thanks
Wil

Back