• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Shock Tower Bar designed for FactorX MD - Race car application only

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been installing some "one off" parts along with other off the shelf STMPO products on the FXMD Time Attack NSX for a couple months now...

Although this shock tower wasn't on the FXMD NSX this last weekend... it will be on the car going forward. Congrats to everyone involved in the success at Big Willow this weekend!!!!!

We were so happy with the outcome of the product... we decided to make the jig and offer it to the NSX race community.

This front shock brace is RACE CAR ONLY... unless your daily driver doesnt have windshield wipers like mine... :smile:

AGAIN... THIS BAR WILL NOT WORK WITH YOUR WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR...

If you track your NSX... this would be the ideal put on - take off chassis stiffing product...

If you have a RACE ONLY NSX with out a full cage... this would be the next best addition to stiffen up the chassis and minimize flex...

The introductory price will be 345.95... shipped to the lower 48.....

Regards,

Attachments

• P1000480.jpg
    P1000480.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 399
  • P1000481.jpg
    P1000481.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 240
  • P1000482.JPG
    P1000482.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 248
WOW... Thanks for all the pm's and interests on this... I thought there were less NSXer's out there without windsheild wipers... but I guess I was wrong.

We will be running 10 of these in the jig Wednesday and Thursday... half of those are inquired about so pm if your interested...

Regards

Finally! Someone engineered and designed the first quality front chasis part (sorry vancehu, you and I are on the same page for everything else though ;) )

$345 is steep, but I bet these really help. Love the minimum amount of points of welding.

An ex Les Mans lead tech that I know of said to me that under hard turns, even these designs WILL flex a lot more than you'd think, but they are superior in strength compared to other design.

Bring these down to about half the price and you'll have 100 sold.

And yes, I have my windsheild wipers + motors + accessories removed. Almost 20 lbs and who needs windsheild wipers in Seattle rain when you got RainX + 1.0Gs+ of acceleration :eek:.. helps get the rain off...

I wish we could bring the price down... but this is the shipped price.. we r&d our own parts which takes a ton of time... the competitions product is over twice the price...

We have been offering discounts on multiple chassis products ordered at once... we can do the front chassis bar with the front shock tower for 600.00 shipped.

The le mans tech is right though.... we have been saying it the whole time... 1 piece constrution will always trump the brackets and multi-piece construction.

Thanks again Ross for designing this piece for us and doing it in record time! Fits perfect. We will be doing some track testing on it in the near future to give you feedback.

$345 is steep, but I bet these really help. Love the minimum amount of points of welding.

No it's not steep at all. You pay money for good products and R&D.

LOL...I'm so tired of seeing posts like these in all different car niches. People and companies actually need to make profit in order to come out with new products and stay in business believe it or not.

He shouldn't change his price at all.

Finally! Someone engineered and designed the first quality front chasis part (sorry vancehu, you and I are on the same page for everything else though ;) )

An ex Les Mans lead tech that I know of said to me that under hard turns, even these designs WILL flex a lot more than you'd think, but they are superior in strength compared to other design.

And yes, I have my windsheild wipers + motors + accessories removed. Almost 20 lbs and who needs windsheild wipers in Seattle rain when you got RainX + 1.0Gs+ of acceleration :eek:.. helps get the rain off...

WTF? 175.00? You go do R&D and build these for that.....and keep the lights on!!!

so if i remove all my wiper accessories this shock bar and plastic cover will fit fine?

I have to tig one today and then install it and try look at the cover... sorry for thew delay...

I will make sure to have this answer soon

What does over 1G of acceleration?

We now have 30 of these front shock towers in stock for eveyone who inquired....

Regards

We now have 30 of these front shock towers in stock for eveyone who inquired....

Regards

pics of it installed? And why is it for 'race only' ? It wont fit a street car?

:rolleyes:

srsly?? u didn't read the first post?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: yes i did... durh

I meant if u remove the wiper motor... :rolleyes: ... saying its for race only just b/c u have to remove the wiper motor doesn't really qualify as "race only"... :rolleyes:

I guess i'm the type of guy who wanted to make sure everyone knew it was for use without wipers... I removed mine years ago on my daily driver...

weight reduction + living in AZ where it rarely rains + rainX works better than most people could ever imagine it too....:smile:

So the real description is on the first post but won't fit in the description field....lol

This front shock brace is RACE CAR ONLY... unless your daily driver doesnt have windshield wipers like mine...

AGAIN... THIS BAR WILL NOT WORK WITH YOUR WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR...

If you track your NSX... this would be the ideal put on - take off chassis stiffing product...

If you have a RACE ONLY NSX with out a full cage... this would be the next best addition to stiffen up the chassis and minimize flex...

Regards

After winning another overall event and setting another track record in the Redline Time Attack Championship at Carolina Motorsports Park, FXMD had a chance to heavily test the STMPO Front Shock Tower Bar.

It is important to note that the entire weight of a car sits on the shock towers. Also, all of the cornering force of a car is transmitted directly through the shock towers. This force can and does cause flex in the chassis and while the NSX has a well-designed and stiff chassis, there is flexing going on especially in older cars with more metal fatigue from use.

There is a reason why racecars tie the rollcage into the top of the shock towers and the STMPO Front Shock Tower Bar ties those two points together to reduce and prevent this flex -which will also reduce the fatigue of the chassis itself over time.

For cars that have the windshield wiper systems removed, this is a great product to improve the stiffness of your chassis while prolonging the life and strength of the aluminum itself by the additional bracing.

Billy
Mediaashx1.jpg

Hey Ross how is the non race application coming:biggrin:

Mass can only occupy one space/time coordinate at a time. You might as well ask if you can put two wheels where one normally goes.

Wow... somebody got up in the wrong side of the bed...

I was merely expressing interest in a 'non-race' application of the front tower brace. It does not have to be produced in the same space / time continuum (or whatever BEN10 or Hiro Nakamura calls it).

But thanks for that clarification anyway... I think :smile:

Hey Ross how is the non race application coming:biggrin:

Yep, would be very interested in a front brace where you can keep the wipers and still have the plastic cover intact.

I was merely expressing interest in a 'non-race' application of the front tower brace. It does not have to be produced in the same space / time continuum (or whatever BEN10 or Hiro Nakamura calls it).

Mass can only occupy one space/time coordinate at a time. You might as well ask if you can put two wheels where one normally goes.

The Non - race application is scheduled for release before the end of 2009... to make the initial batch as acurate as possible... please add your name to the list of interested buyers

1) Perry Mathis
2) Texas91brent
3) WingZ
4) Supercar
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

If your name was on this list and your not interested... please pm me

Regards

I was being facetious/smart ass :) :) And looks like I was wrong :p
Hope you didn't take offense to it.

I see it being difficult to create a storng, as functioanl 'non-race' version w/o moving the windsheild wiper assembly, but looks like STMPO continues to make great products.. so I'll be watching.

-Paul

I was being facetious/smart ass :) :) And looks like I was wrong :p
Hope you didn't take offense to it.

I see it being difficult to create a storng, as functioanl 'non-race' version w/o moving the windsheild wiper assembly, but looks like STMPO continues to make great products.. so I'll be watching.

-Paul

LOL Ross can do it and make it look sweet:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back