• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT Theory SV-28 Widebody Sneak peak

GT Theory SV-28 Widebody Sneak peek

Here is a preview of the new GT Theory SV-28 NSX Widebody kit prototype. The long drawn out design phase is complete and we have started the mould process. The SV-28 is a 9 piece widebody kit which includes front bumper, L+R front fenders, L+R vented side skirts, L+R rear quarter panels, rear bumper and rear valence. Our kit widens the front by 25mm and the rear by 28mm allowing use of wider wheels and tire combinations as well as more aggressive look from every angle. The rear bumper and valence are a 2 piece design in order to accept an optional center exit exhaust and center exit diffuser that will be built as soon as the first batch of production parts are complete. The rear bumper has also been shortened by over 35mm and brought closer to the body to update the look. All parts were built off oem parts and built in reinforced moulds to maintain best possible fitment.

SV_28 prototype 136 by GTTHEORY, on Flickr

SV_28 prototype 131 by GTTHEORY, on Flickr

SV_28 prototype 133 by GTTHEORY, on Flickr

SV_28 prototype 137 by GTTHEORY, on Flickr

In the rush to get the body off to begin the mould process I didnt take any pictures of the rear, but I snapped a couple of the rear valence and bumper off the car.

SV_28 prototype 142 by GTTHEORY, on Flickr

SV_28 prototype 141 by GTTHEORY, on Flickr

The SV-28 will be available in a variety of layup and resin combinations.

SV-28P will be the base model kit made of hand laid fiberglass cloth and polyester resin. These will not be chopper gun or chop mat construction. This is the same process used for some of the higher quality NSX widebody kits, including JDM offerings.

SV-28V will achieve lighter than OEM panel weight due to the use of vacuum bag construction method as well as urethane foam core backing for extra strength and rigidity. The SV-28V will be made of the same fiberglass cloth used in the SV-28P, but will use much more expensive aerospace grade epoxy tooling resin, foam urethane core and then be fully vacuum bagged to get rid of any excess resin and air pockets. The result is a part that weighs in at 30-40% lighter than comparable non vacuum bag parts. Epoxy resins also allow for much more flex without cracking like typical fiberglass parts.

SV-28CV will employ the same resin, vacuum and core construction as the SV-28V, but will replace the fiberglass cloth with carbon fiber cloth. This will add an even more rigid structure and even lighter weight for those that want the strongest and lightest parts available. The only way to build a lighter and stronger composite part would be to make them from pre-preg and high temp fixtures.
Other layups and materials can be done, but you will not see much of an improvement in weight or strength.

Here is a cross section of a vacuum bag fiberglass bumper with urethane foam core built the same as the SV_28V

SV_28 prototype 139 by GTTHEORY, on Flickr

Vacuum bag/epoxy/core fiberglass rear bumper with carbon reinforcement.

SV_28 prototype 138 by GTTHEORY, on Flickr

The first kit we make will be the standard SV-28P layup. I will keep this thread updated with pics and progress as the parts come out of mould. We only have the 02+ front bumper designed so far, please post, pm or email if interested in the front bumper for 91-01 with pop up headlights so I can judge if there is enough interest to build bumper for the pop up headlights. If you are in the socal area and interested in the SV-28P for a 91-01 NSX, please email me at [email protected] for a special offer. Stay tuned.....

Last edited:
I really like how you kept the flow from the original design. if you keep the front bumper middle opening to be OEM like, it would be perfect. for some reasons, i feel the front bumper is longer than OEM.

Last edited:
Not bad looking at all for a widebody kit, actually very restrained which is good. Reminds me of the Madonna kit in that way.

I think this kit is looking good EXCEPT FOR ONE THING

For some reason EVERY Aftermarket front bumper I have seen so far seems to be dropping straight down from the most forward point.

The OEM bumper, both the 1991-2001 and 2002+ bumpers have the lower front bumper curve backwards towards the wheels
This PREVENTS hitting the road on every steep driveway or speed bump of which we already have far too many.

With this suggest front bumper you will have the same problem, effectively make sure that your front bumper won't look very nice anymore after a year of use :mad:
Especially because it's being made of not very flexible fiberglass instead of the more pliant polyurethane the OEM bumper is made of.

Nice, I actually had the opportunity to hold one of these panels and the strength of these is incredible, nice to see it come together:smile:

That looks very nice. Very restrained, flows well with the lines of the car. If it wasn't for the bugeye front end, it'd be perfect. :p

Brandon, great kit. Looks factory with a more modern twist. The only thing I would add beside the JDM turn signals that we spoke about, are on the side skirts, extending the front of the skirt up to the front fender like the 02 so we door have to remove the panel on the door! Frank

Brandon, great kit. Looks factory with a more modern twist. The only thing I would add beside the JDM turn signals that we spoke about, are on the side skirts, extending the front of the skirt up to the front fender like the 02 so we door have to remove the panel on the door! Frank

I would agree, if you have candidates that have 02plus or converted cars, the door cap fitted with your side skirts would need that extension outwards.

Thanks everyone!! Those who know me know it has been a long road. The real highlight of our kit is going to be the vacuum bagged/epoxy layups, the parts will be unbelievably strong and light.

As far as pricing, exact pricing is to be determined once we have the final material costs per kit. I am trying to keep the base price competitive. The base SV-28P should be around 5500-5900. I am trying to keep in the 5500 range though. We will more than likely offer a discount for the first 3 kits ordered. For those interested we will be able to build the SV-28V kits for less than the cost of the standard JDM kits.

We should have the moulds for the front fenders done this week, then its on to the front bumper.

Another long shot question... Will your front fender mold work with the stock 02+ bumper? Not sure if you remember the DF fenders come out like 1/4" but the better Cantrell fenders were even wider. I'd love to run a 235 front tire properly!

Another long shot question... Will your front fender mold work with the stock 02+ bumper? Not sure if you remember the DF fenders come out like 1/4" but the better Cantrell fenders were even wider. I'd love to run a 235 front tire properly!

The front fenders won't work with the stock front bumper. If the interest is there I could make a wider fender for the stock body. The front fenders on our kit are 25mm wider which is pretty wide for a otherwise stock body. I would say 12-15mm front fender for stock body NSX would be perfect for a 235.

The front fenders won't work with the stock front bumper. If the interest is there I could make a wider fender for the stock body. The front fenders on our kit are 25mm wider which is pretty wide for a otherwise stock body. I would say 12-15mm front fender for stock body NSX would be perfect for a 235.
If you post a feeler thread i'm sure you will get significant interest from the track guys. Lightweight, strong, not too expensive.. i'm in.

The first set of front fenders are finished and the side skirts moulds are complete. We should have the first set of side skirts made this week and be starting the moulds for the rear quarter panels.

Back