• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

hit-and-runner gets pwned

They did that the first night, and found that the residence linked to his registration was vacant. I should get some news today on whether or not he came forward to claim the truck; I doubt that he did, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Can the cop report to DVM to suspend his license until he pays off the fine and the damages?

he should go to jail for that. it's a felony if you have the proper evidence and justification to take him to court if need be. sucks though just like everyone says, the repair and paint would cost you more than what his pos truck is worth.

That's classic!! It never fails to amaze me.....you don't want to f#*k with the Prime guys!!!

If they don't catch him, the least they could do is let you keep the truck. Might be nice for the occasional trip to Home Depot :)

Or to hang it's front clip on a wooden stake in the grass along side your NSX as a warning to all those that might consider coming near your vehicle ;)

Last edited:
...Or to hang its front clip on a wooden stake in the grass along side your NSX as a warning to all those that might consider coming near your vehicle ;)

I'm laughing my ass off! :biggrin:

I've made several calls to the hit-and-run investigator to see if the guy came forward and haven't gotten a response... if I don't hear from him I'll go by the station in person on Thursday to find out what can be done in terms of suspending this guy's license.

Or to hang it's front clip on a wooden stake in the grass along side your NSX as a warning to all those that might consider coming near your vehicle ;)

LOL.....I like this idea best but the truth is he may come and get his truck but if know one will identify the driver he's off scott free as he loaned the truck to a guy he knows a few months ago but doesn't remember where "John Smith" lives :redface:

Hope you get your car fixed but Ca. is the worst for legal action.

Re: hit-and-runner gets pwned--UPDATE!

So, the owner of the truck DID come forward!

He has a small construction business, and there are five different employees who could have been driving the truck that day--none of whom admitted to hitting the NSX. Regardless, the insurance on the truck is current and the owner admits that the evidence is sufficient that it was his truck, so I'll be spending $0 out of pocket to fix this mess! :biggrin: My next project will be making sure that it gets fixed CORRECTLY. Any advice on this? :confused:

Despite the hassle, there's no question that this turned out about as well as it could have. The guy who did it won't go to jail, but if he has half a conscience he'll carry around the knowledge of what he did. That's good enough for me. :smile:

take the insurance check, buy good used door and fender, take it to 'prime' verified shop, pocket the money you just made in price diff between used and new parts. enjoy your ride.

good luck!

He has a small construction business, and there are five different employees who could have been driving the truck that day--none of whom admitted to hitting the NSX. Regardless, the insurance on the truck is current and the owner admits that the evidence is sufficient that it was his truck, so I'll be spending $0 out of pocket to fix this mess! :biggrin: My next project will be making sure that it gets fixed CORRECTLY. Any advice on this? :confused:

Despite the hassle, there's no question that this turned out about as well as it could have. The guy who did it won't go to jail, but if he has half a conscience he'll carry around the knowledge of what he did. That's good enough for me. :smile:
probably the owner (himself) visiting his girlfriend and doesn't want his wife to find out.

congrats on the save!

I don't know if it is a good idea. The VIN would be different.

I don't think vin number stickers are on the individual body panels of 1991 NSX's so it's a way to save some money (as long as the used part is in excellent ready-to-paint shape).

I don't know if it is a good idea. The VIN would be different.

just fyi, even if you buy new parts from honda they will not have matching vin stickers either, so if your idea is to put bondo on the nsx- be my guest.

:smile:

Its kinda fishy. They owns a construction company. registered to a vacant address. Hmm.. anyhow, glad you caught the culprit.:biggrin:

I think its funny you boxed him in.........WITH your NSX!!

Now, that was cool, @ this point i'd happy already for catching the guy!
Oscar

I'm glad you're not paying a dime for this incident. Does Thousand Oaks have a PD, or is it the Ventura County Sheriffs that run the place? If you had not found the guy, I was gonna ask my friends that work for the Sheriffs Dept to help out.

Back