• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda CEO Talks Up NSX

I'll admit that the thought of a Super CR-Z does not excite me much. Still, if they make it midengine, I will buy it regardless of powertrain. Who knows. The info now changes daily.

Not a Remarkable Example of Innovation?!

Honda Sports Hybrid To Succeed Acura NSX

<small> anupamb | April 25, 2011 at 3:32 pm </small>

1. Acura Confirms Honda’s Sports-Car ...
A few years back, even normal hybrid passenger cars were considered non-pragmatic. However, over time, more and more automakers have been paving the way for hybrids with aggressive racing capabilities. Honda’s new successor to the long-discontinued Acura NSXis one of the many examples of the lot. Honda Motor Co. President Takanobu Ito revealed this at the on-going Shanghai Auto Show.

Not too long ago, Honda was planning to launch its next Acura NSX, but the global financial crisis compelled Honda’s then President Takeo Fukui to abandon the plan in order to cut expenses. Honda engineers were determined to employ the V10 engine for the purpose of the NSX on line. But that was the story of 2008.

Now, 3 years later, we expect Honda to think “green” while designing its next NSX. To our delight, Honda will no longer continue with the second generation NSX from 2008, but would rather do the follow-up with a new hybrid!

The 2-seater Acura NSX was not a remarkable example of innovation. For some critics, it marked Honda’s shift of focus from innovation to profit. Honda seems to be determined to banish this supposition and exemplify a revival of innovation.

The innovation studded Shanghai Auto Show was the best venue for Honda to disclose its green ambitions with race cars. The V10 engine of Honda’s 2nd generation NSX plans in 2008 was an improvement over the V6 engine used in the 1st generation NSX. However, now the successor of the Acura NSX will have an electric drivetrain which will supplement the gasoline engine and render the car much more powerful than the Honda CR-Z sporty hybrid.

Last edited:
Back