• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many feet of what to replace major cooling hoses

I'm wanting to replace the major coolant hoses with HRP or similar blue-blingy and hopefully stronger after market hoses.

I know SOS has a kit but this would be a lot cheaper :)

I know I can just take them all down, get the measurements and then order the parts.... Problem is, I'm a little lazy, my car is down longer than it needs to be and I was hoping I could order them first, and install it when I get around to it :)

Anyone ever done this before and written down the measurements by chance?

THanks.

a lot of factory hoses are pre-bent and shaped for application specific use. I serious doubt you can replace them with aftermarket ones. The NSX market is too small for someone to make a profit selling hose replacement.

a lot of factory hoses are pre-bent and shaped for application specific use.
iagree.gif

I would NOT use generic hose and expect it to fit well. That's just asking for problems.

Eventualy though we will run out of 'factory" replacement parts for a car that is discontinued and with only few pieces that interfit with other honda models.At some point perhaps someone will have to start reproducing many of our wear items:wink:

My comment about avoiding generic hose does not apply to SoS's aftermarket kit, which I assume has hoses pre-bent in the proper configurations.

Back