• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many miles a year are you putting on the NSX?

How many miles on each one?

I assume you're good at math (like most, but not all, of us :wink: ) and you're not claiming that they average 20,000 miles per year when you get those miles over several NSXs...

Actually, each one has been getting about 20,000 miles per year for several years now. We have been taking lots of road trips, and on weekends when we go back to Canada we average about 1,600 miles each trip, plus my work commute is over 50 miles per day.

I average about 5K per year but that includes one trip from California to North Carolina and then back to California. Now that I live in San Francisco, it's about 100 miles per month.

When i took mine to the dealer for its annual oil change, they checked the last time on the computer and told me that i have put a whopping 300 miles on the car in the past year. 52 of those miles were the round trip to the dealer.

This year is about the same.

You drove ONLY 275 miles in the first two weeks :eek: :eek: :eek:

In my first year of ownership I drove about 25000 miles.
I would drive it at any chance I had.

I would go out late in the evening or even in the middle of night just to DRIVE the car. Would go roads and places I would never have gone if it were not for having the NSX. Would take the long route home from work if the weather was nice.

I have the car now for six years and I still love driving it. I try to cut back but it is very difficult.
Whenever I feel not 100% happy, I just go out and drive it, even if it is only for a drive around town for twenty minutes and after than I am ok again :smile: Doesn't even have to be fast driving. Just relaxed cruising, window (halfway) down, nice piece of music on (the Mp3-capable Alpine player is very nice) can be enough.

With the current fuel prices as high as they are (and they are getting really high where I live, around 2.5 US$ per litre) I try to cut back a little. But it is still difficult to decide which car to take to work every morning.
Currently, I am at around 12000 miles a year.
Had a new set of rear tires mounted just this morning. Previous set was put on in January this year and they were practically bare.

*************** Warning ***************
The purchase of an Acura NSX may/will result in excessive amounts of unnecessary driving, caused by the addictive nature of the experience.
Other known side-effect are wasteful usage of limited natural resources, excessive spending of time on NSX-websites, increase of NSX-slurring in language, temporary RSI-effect of facial grin muscles, impulsive over-spending on limited value modification material behaviour, shift from normal human social interactive behaviour to compulsive NSX-related talk.
Psychiatric and/or financial counselling may be required.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BEHAVIOUR CAN OR MAY BE HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS TO OTHER PERSONS IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF PATIENT -
BEWARE OF THE SIGNS AND STAY AWAY FROM VICTIM - AVOID DIRECT CONTACT WITH SAID PERSON OR ACURA NSX - DO NOT ACCEPT DRIVE INVITATIONS - DO NOT START NSX-RELATED DISCUSSIONS
*************** Warning ***************

After my first year of ownership, you are so right in your warning! Spread this warning to love ones at once!

I am coming up on my 2nd anniversary and bought my car with 58K miles on it and I just turned 66K during the So Cal Coastal Canyon Run so that makes it only 4K miles a year:eek:. Sadly, that also includes the 1100 mile drive home after purchase. Gees I guess I better quit working so much and drive her more often.:smile:

I will say that those are QUALITY miles driven while participating in NSX drives and attending local get togethers and NSXCA events.:tongue: So at least I am social :biggrin: LOL

Bought mine in 2001 with 57,700 now sits with 71,000. the first couple years she stretched her legs alot:biggrin: and the latter 3years have been around 1200 a year:frown:. WOW I need to quit working SOOO much!!

I'm not too worried about the mileage on Alicia Silverstone. Any miles between, say, 5k and 50k that I have to rack up, will be violently put on a second NSX. Seriously...I'm going to buy another 2005 and absolutely destroy it. Like put on 1000 miles per week. In first gear. I can't wait!!!

(I take great care of my cars, BTW :wink::smile:)

How badass is this??

Ski_Banker: Owner of 3% of all 2005 NSXs. oh yeah oh yeah. haha

about 500 miles since i live about 1/10 mile from my office and also have two young kids that dont fit in the engine compartment on weekends. so i am stuck with family cruiser on weekends. Being in the Northeast aslo dont help!!!!

Just got mine about 2-3 weeks ago, 300 miles so far. I plan to average about 500 miles per month, but only 8 months out of the year due to inclement weather.

2,000 fun mile per year over the past 6 years.

I love driving the daily beater as well, soon to get some major HP upgrades .

Last edited:
Got her with 22k, now just a few clicks under 60k on the clock so 38,000 per....

11 years

:tongue:

= 3454/year

But... only 4000 in the last 5 years and only 1000 in the last 2! :redface:

Problem = 3 kids + really practical and fun to drive BMW e39 540iA M-Sport + lift to keep it out of sight = less fun for NSX.

I am sure my NSX feels like the toys in Toy Story that are sad and wait for the day the "owner" will play with it again. "An NSX is only truely happy when loved and played with by a child"

6k per year. I have summer performance tires on it to keep me from being tempted to drive it during Novemeber - March. It would easily have 12k per year if I lived in SoCal.

Had her not even two years yet. Got it with 109k. I'm at 126k. I've still got a few months before storage time. Estimating, that's about 10k a year and only being driven 8 mos out of the year.

Back