• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I can't believe this exhaust is still for sale

Not everyone likes the sound of these exhausts, to me there is too much of the cheap raspy sound you hear from Civics and Integras. I had the ARC Titanium exhaust on my car for a total of 3 hours. I like my Comptech exhaust better.

This isn't an ARC, nor does it sound like my ARC which isn't raspy. My ARC has a rather deep tone actually. The only similarity here is they are both titanium. What he has for sale here is a really light, really well built exhaust with an X pipe that was really expensive. I just think it's a great deal.

It's probably because people are afraid of spending $2500 on an exhaust without hearing it in person.

GRF is a pretty deep sound, it's not a high pitched exhaust like the current fad.

It flows well, and sounds pretty good, imo. GRF themselves are still in business:
http://www.grf-nsx.com

And of course Prospeed made a no-apologies knock-off:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Prospeed-NSX-Sport-Exhaust?highlight=prospeed

Prospeed said:
The GRF exhaust was the exhaust and not only did it looked good but sounded great as well. It is not readily available so I decided to go ahead and build our own exhaust to our specs and offer it to the community. This is one of the most well rounded exhausts on the market.

So good power, good sound, and excellent weight savings; I'd pick this over an ARC for sound.

It probably helps if the seller says whether any adapter is needed to install on certain model years. Plus, paying 2500 bucks for a used exhaust without seeing it in person is taking a bit of a chance, at least for me. What if it doesnt look as good as described and it can't be returned?

Dave, your ARC Ti is something special. The only thing special about this exhaust is that it's Ti. I'm not a fan of the design personally and the price is out of this world. Double whammy which might be why it hasn't sold yet? -$0.02

I like the single exit Route KS unit that AdvansCpap had for sale. Yummy...

images

I looked into making my valvetronic exhaust in Ti but the cost was totally prohibitive.

I guess I'm either more brave or more stupid, i have bought a number of expensive exhausts without hearing them first. Not even a video. But never regretted it thank God. I actually like most NSX exhaust systems. None sound horrible to me.

Dave, i'm with you on this.... i had an Advance Titanium exhaust...not as light as this GRF,
but pretty light (6.5kg) but had to sell to recoup some cash...

When looking at exhaust/headers, my priority is:
- Performance (the more free flow the better, no need to miles of pipes all arround)
- Weight saving
- Cost
- Sound

If the sound is like F1, sweet, but i won't burn cash just to change exhaust so i can
have whatever sound .... if i want that crazy exhaust, i go to youtube and search
for LFA, etc,etc

This is one of those subjects that are highly subjective... what i like, look for, maybe
is what others hate or run away from....to each his own i guess.

Nuno

PS - If only i had the money, this GRF exhaust wouldn't be up for sale anymore :wink:

lol Dave ..are you the seller...or his agent........

LOL... I don't know when this forum went cheap :D

LOL... I don't know when this forum went cheap :D

since you just helped the guy a little..if he starts knocking down his price incrementaly maybe something will happen...free market and all.

It's tough to get someone to cough up $2500 large for an exhaust they have never heard. I actually don't like most aftermarket exhausts because they all drone to some extent. The "super lightweight" exhausts tend to be the worst offenders and also tend to be very loud. If you daily drive your NSX like me, that loudness gets old fast. I do like GRF though. The ex-001 exhaust profiled in the Best Motoring video sounds nice and does not appear to have much drone.

I had a Tubi that took over a year to sell. People just want to buy stuff for dirt cheap so they will not pay for good stuff. I use to always get the topical 500 dollar offer for my Tubi. I was like go to hell .

I guess it is the price. An expensive item probably takes longer to sell.

Man I spent like $8000 importing a whole GT-1 system sight unseen and sound unheard from Japan. And it wasn't titanium. Now $2500 for a full titanium is suddenly "crazy"? The ARC I have was on Chris's website for $6500 for years. 5K from Dali before it was discontinued. You guys are acting like $2500 is out of line. People spend $1000 on an air filter because its "mugen". This is half the weight of your typical exhaust.

Tof's diagram is still funny though...

Last edited:
Back