• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I did it, Gunmetal my 02+ wheels!

I saw you transporting some stuff yesterday, targa top NSX's are just as good as s2k's with the top down. As I was leaving my house i seen you driving by. Looks good with the gunmetal wheels.

I think it looks so much better!!!!! Nice job!

x2!!!

I was ready to drive to fla and do them myself... Always loved your car with the oem gunmetals, liked the 02+ but the silver just didn't do it for me. 02+ Gunmetal = Perfection on your car IMO

Very nicely done, love it

Honestly, I think you have my favorite red NSX. All of your mods are tasteful. Maybe it's because I would do the same thing with a red NSX. It just looks amazing. Well done.

The OEM rims looked great, but the gunmetal look definitely complements the wing.

You did a top notch job there Oscar. Your car is tastefully done. I think you may be ready to try doing some backyard bodywork on your own. :wink:

Hahaha yes, I'll start washing NSX's @ my place after next Champps meet! LOL

Oscar:

What brand paint (GM and red) and clearcoat did you use?
Rene

The Gunmetal is made by Duplicolor, is called "Graphite" + Clear also Duplicolor, the red is for the calipers RED from Duplicolor also :)

What is the width of the front/rears? Will these clear BBK's?

They are 7" OEM size, but I have 25mm spacers so there's some extra gap. not sure about BBK though

looks great, especially with the cf type r wing

I like the wing also very much!

Great job! Glad you went back to the CF wing. The OEM made it look like everyone else's red. Now, extra pizazz with the GM wheels.

Irvin, thanks, I see you Friday @ the towers!

BEAUTIFUL!! Maybe some black lug nuts???

+ 1, I'll start hunting for those!

I think it looks really good. Nice pix!

Thanks!

The GM looks good (although I am biaised :wink:) and I particularly like that you detailed the OEM Acura badge. IMO, it gives the wheel a link to the calipers and the rest of the car.

A couple of thoughts for you .... change the wheel nuts to black, and consider either a wrap or paint to the roof and mirrors. This would visually lower and balance the car and make the rear wings look as though they belong on the car. At the moment, they do look to be 'stuck' on the back.

CAr is very clean and I like the closed in front lights.

Regards, Paul

+2 on the Black nuts and yes, that wrapping also comes to mind, but is not that strong -for now- LOL

That looks really good, i go whith gum metal a+:smile:

lol

It just keeps gettin' better! :smile:

Thanks Blodi, your covers still running strong!!

nice job, I like the gunmetal color. I think your right its honda best color for rims.

how long did it take you to complete all 4 wheels, sanding/painting etc.

Took me seriously one day, started @ 5pm Saturday, installed them like 6pm next day, I left though, overnight with the primer on, then 4 layers of GM, and 3 of clear.

The results definitely make the car look more aggressive. You had a good run with the oem color wheel. So switching it up would not hurt.

Yes, is not as "cute" but i like the more "dirty looks"

I saw you transporting some stuff yesterday, targa top NSX's are just as good as s2k's with the top down. As I was leaving my house i seen you driving by. Looks good with the gunmetal wheels.

Desarro, yes, LOL, I went to IKEA to see some stuff, ended up with two 5.3" 5inches wide boxes LOL it was worth though!

Looks great! I agree with ANYTIME; black/gunmetal lug nuts will compliment the wheels.

+3, black or GM nuts will come, I hope they are not expensive!

x2!!!

I was ready to drive to fla and do them myself... Always loved your car with the oem gunmetals, liked the 02+ but the silver just didn't do it for me. 02+ Gunmetal = Perfection on your car IMO

Very nicely done, love it

Thanks man appreciate!!

Honestly, I think you have my favorite red NSX. All of your mods are tasteful. Maybe it's because I would do the same thing with a red NSX. It just looks amazing. Well done.

The OEM rims looked great, but the gunmetal look definitely complements the wing.

Thanks, it's always easy to do something "extra" crafty that ca break the lines, it's a fine line ....

With R wing - Gun Metal
Stock - silver

that formula sounds good, now I need another 02+ set LOL

Nice I say......... very nice I will do the same when I get tired of my rims

Sickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that looks really good. What was the sanding process like. I know my bro used a high grit then a low grit to sand his old is300 wheels, but they were just alloy. These are painted (at least mine are as i few pieces chiped off when mounting the tires) so did you sand down everything or just smooth out the oem paint to repaint it?

I love it. I have always planning on getting +02 wheels, since I saw your Gunmetal wheels, hope you don't mind if I copy your idea... :redface:

Hmm...now where'd you get the bug to go "gunmetal"? Couldn't have been sometime in October, now could it? :wink:

4919282648_28b37321f4_b.jpg

Forget those Acura centers. You need Honda centers, dude...

NSX_12.jpg

P.S. - Somebody buy my car: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143172

NSX_14-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed this thread, but that was an EXCELLENT choice! I absolutely love the look.

I like it very much.
I've been debating on whether or not to removie my WW side skirts and go back to OEM type. I think after seeing yours, I'm going to do that.
Great job.

Not bad at looking at all. I like those too, not as much as the '02, but thats cause I like the '02 wheels. Did you do the H emblem your self?

Hmm...now where'd you get the bug to go "gunmetal"? Couldn't have been sometime in October, now could it? :wink:

4919282648_28b37321f4_b.jpg

Forget those Acura centers. You need Honda centers, dude...

NSX_12.jpg

P.S. - Somebody buy my car: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143172

NSX_14-1.jpg

The Gunmetal is made by Duplicolor, is called "Graphite" + Clear also Duplicolor, the red is for the calipers RED from Duplicolor also
Took me seriously one day, started @ 5pm Saturday, installed them like 6pm next day, I left though, overnight with the primer on, then 4 layers of GM, and 3 of clear.

Awesome job. How many cans of primer/color/clear did you need?

Oscar, bravo.
Great look as always.
Gunmetal + CF wing is the right look IHO.
Additional .02: gunmetal lugs MIGHT look better. I went to them on my GM Advan RS's and like the look. Against the OEM wheels I'm not as sure because they kinda lighten them up a smidge but it will only cost you $20.00 to find out (for one wheel) if GM lugs look better.
As for the red "A" on the caps I'm not a fan but a red "H" I could get with.
At any rate, tasteful and well composed / shot as we have come to expect from you.

Back