• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

IN THE SHOP | 2017 NSX R&D Project

Thank you!

Honestly, I'd say they would be neck and neck - possibly the NSX a hair quicker off of the line. I've also driven our FBO/tuned McLaren 570S & MP4-12C too and the NSX is every bit as fast in my book; I think the McLarens would ultimately have the edge though in the top end.

Those McLarens do put down some crazy trap speeds that's for sure!

Looking forward to numbers from the tune before I purchase anything!

With a lease, the expense and labor of an exhaust mod might not be worth the time and expense.
Taking it off would pe a PITA.

On the other hand, a plug and play tune to get more HP seems
like the better mod. It would be great if the tune changed the
launch RPM higher also.

That is definitely true. I would prefer the tune, but Ill leave it to them.. if they get 30whp.. ill go exhaust/DP.. but if they get like 80 or 90whp.. absolutely rather get that and be happy at Huracan beating power levels.

With a lease, the expense and labor of an exhaust mod might not be worth the time and expense.
Taking it off would pe a PITA.

On the other hand, a plug and play tune to get more HP seems
like the better mod. It would be great if the tune changed the
launch RPM higher also.

That is definitely true. I would prefer the tune, but Ill leave it to them.. if they get 30whp.. ill go exhaust/DP.. but if they get like 80 or 90whp.. absolutely rather get that and be happy at Huracan beating power levels.

We're typically looking at 8-10 hours for Sport Cats or Catbypass & Rear Exhaust, which is about par for the course when compared to something like an R8/570S/Huracan etc. Totally worth it in my book, for the sound improvements along :smile:

Tunes on turbo cars generally tend to pick up pretty significant power so we're pretty optimistic!

I was wondering what dp he had. You could tell it's not stock. Great job!!

I've seen stock 488 spider do slower times on the drag strip, so that's pretty cool!

Thanks guys!

Here's another customer clip, with our Catbypass Downpipes and 3 inch Competition Exhaust:

Alec, did you get my email?

Do the MaxFlow or Competition cat-back sections have provisions to attach the factory heat shields? Without them, I'd be concerned about melting the rear bumper or trunk carpet/glue.

Alec, did you get my email?

Do the MaxFlow or Competition cat-back sections have provisions to attach the factory heat shields? Without them, I'd be concerned about melting the rear bumper or trunk carpet/glue.

Hey Jason - sent an email a few days ago but for anyone else:

Correct, our rear exhaust sections do not utilize OEM heat shields (whereas our Downpipes do for turbos, primary cats & use our own heat shield where secondaries would be). We’ve infrared tested/thermal mapped two of our R&D cars after both street/dyno testing and found the heat shields to not be necessary as our options do not retain/radiate heat as the OEM sections do.

However, you could always wrap the rear section with Ceramic Fiber Refractory Heat Blankets (like on our McLaren systems) or Titanium exhaust wrap if desired or we could always Ceramic Coat them for peace of mind.

Will this filter make the engine produce any additional power or noise?

Will this filter make the engine produce any additional power or noise?

They do - we've dynoed just the BMC Filters on bone stock applications and they do have a net power gain. Not huge numbers but an easy way to pick up +5-10hp plus they're washable, lifetime filters.

i purchased the k&n and throws cel does these trigger the cel ?

Wow really I was about to purchase them the other day.. good thing I didnt but yes excellent question regarding the BMC filters...

We've sold and installed several sets of the NSX BMC Filters with no issues! Definitely a worthwhile upgrade in my book.

Here is another Valencia Red NSX that received a set of our Sport Cat Downpipes, Maxflo Rear Exhaust and BMC Filters (sorry for the video quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibyaXjcAiWk

New products!

Improve the performance of your Acura NSX with GRP Carbon Fiber Charge tubes. Aesthetically pleasing, but performance enhancing due to cleaning up the airflow of the intake system, making shifts crisper and more responsive!

https://www.fabspeed.com/acura-nsx-grp-carbon-fiber-charge-pipes/

Acura_NSX_Carbon_Fiber_Charge_Pipes_Installed__18782.1528814364.1280.1280.jpg

Lightweight, Competition Billet Aluminum tow hook with fold-down loop; in black anodized finish.
Adjustable_Tow_Hooks_Web__98614.1527101192.1280.1280.jpg

https://www.fabspeed.com/acura-nsx-aluminum-front-tow-hook/

PM me for more info or forum pricing!

They do - we've dynoed just the BMC Filters on bone stock applications and they do have a net power gain. Not huge numbers but an easy way to pick up +5-10hp plus they're washable, lifetime filters.

Have you been able to get numbers with fabspeed downpipes and exhaust?

Back