• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

installed Bend pack lift in my garage - 2 nsx's now bunk mates

Ok, Here goes; You can see it was added to the rear of an old garage. I took the opportunity to extend below for a workshop/store room. Still needs to have finishing touches added, but it all works very nicely.

omg that is sick! so how do you get into the car? Climb down the ladder and lower the lift? :confused: that is one elaborate setup! :eek:

omg that is sick! so how do you get into the car? Climb down the ladder and lower the lift? :confused: that is one elaborate setup! :eek:

Even though Honda based the style of the NSX the F16, you don't need a ladder to get into them. Bring either one to street level & just step in. The ladder is just temporary until a proper one is installed; just to get down to the workshop. :cool:

Even though Honda based the style of the NSX the F16, you don't need a ladder to get into them. Bring either one to street level & just step in. The ladder is just temporary until a proper one is installed; just to get down to the workshop. :cool:

attachment.php

I forgot that your NSX's are right hand drive heh - I was thinking you had to squeeze into that little spot on the left side... :biggrin::rolleyes:

It still doesn't look like you have anything to stand on while getting into the car... which was my point. :)

Last edited:
I'm with him ^.

Add the 2 cars heights and then add 12".
For 2 NSX's, it would be 44" x 2 = 88" + 12" = 100" or 8'3" ceiling. Those are the minimum requirements and extra clearance is always better.

I've been thinking about this for a while and this thread finally got me off my butt to do a little measuring/figuring in the garage. Have been pondering 4 post vs 2 too as I both want more toy room and DIY all my automotive work.

Main benefit of the 4 post seems to be more room for another toy in the garage. My NSX conservatively measures 46" tall and its potential bunkmate measures a conservative 51" tall. My garage ceiling is 107-110" tall (sloped for drainage of the roof above it). Where the roof of the car is is about 108. So, I am guessing this is a no-go unless you guys have come up with something lower profile in the last 7 years.

So, I can live with a 2 post for easier maintenance and one less toy in the garage. In particular the XPR-9-LP looks like the ticket, but I am 5" short of the 113" specified and I have a post tension slab.

What I really wish was available is a wide/long 4 post where the ramps could be removed and arms a la 2 post could be put in place for when brake work/wheel rotations were to be done. I think I have enough width and depth to accommodate such a contraption.

Any thoughts, or is it better to have this conversation a few years from now after I (hopefully) get around to building that dedicated shop I really want?

Hi john. Im curious on the bend pak. Are you still a vendor?

Yessir

- - - Updated - - -

BendPak can shorten or lengthen (within reason) anything. I've done many adjustments to lifts for many people. Don't forget there are different colors available past the standard blue. And in regards to removing the ramps and replacing with arms. Two different set ups that cannot be combined. I have both and the ramps weigh about as much as a sumo wrestler each.

You can always use the 4 post rolling jack to remove tires....
Rolling-Jack_zpsg8mtrq6m.jpg

I'm with him ^.

I've been thinking about this for a while and this thread finally got me off my butt to do a little measuring/figuring in the garage. Have been pondering 4 post vs 2 too as I both want more toy room and DIY all my automotive work.

Main benefit of the 4 post seems to be more room for another toy in the garage. My NSX conservatively measures 46" tall and its potential bunkmate measures a conservative 51" tall. My garage ceiling is 107-110" tall (sloped for drainage of the roof above it). Where the roof of the car is is about 108. So, I am guessing this is a no-go unless you guys have come up with something lower profile in the last 7 years.

So, I can live with a 2 post for easier maintenance and one less toy in the garage. In particular the XPR-9-LP looks like the ticket, but I am 5" short of the 113" specified and I have a post tension slab.

What I really wish was available is a wide/long 4 post where the ramps could be removed and arms a la 2 post could be put in place for when brake work/wheel rotations were to be done. I think I have enough width and depth to accommodate such a contraption.

Any thoughts, or is it better to have this conversation a few years from now after I (hopefully) get around to building that dedicated shop I really want?

Back