• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Intake manifold upgrade kit

Hoping for a Autorotor version. Is that in the works? If not, no problem but let me know so I can make my own.

Do you know if the sheilds will work with the Autorotor?

Same here, I would like to get an Comptech Autorotor version.

Adnan, as said before, if you need a Autorotor for measurements, I might be able to help you.
It's on the car right now of course, but since I want to get one of these gaskets anyway.

I've just received my IAT temperature and boost sensor for the Zeitronix unit and am having an appointment tomorrow with my mechanic to see how we are going to install them.

How would the turbo differ from the NA version?

How is this different from the Prospeed kit? just curious.

Do you do a version without the middle VVIS divider?
Check out the first page,
It details how the construction of the plates are completely different and that we added additional heat-shielding that goes right up to the cylinder head casting.

Gasket system is also very different, the ASM kit doesn't deform and buckle to make a seal like the prospeed kit, we use a headgasket style rigid construction.
which doesn't harm airflow and isn't effected by torquing the bolts.

- - - Updated - - -

PRICING Regular sales

Manifold to cylinder plates.
€95 per set
$125 per set

Full IM upgrade kit, Naturally Aspirated (VVIS)
€180 per kit
$240 per kit

Full IM upgrade kit, Turbocharged (Non VVIS)
€180 per kit
$240 per kit

PRICING GROUP BUY (5 Person minimum)
Full IM upgrade kit, Naturally Aspirated (VVIS)
€125 per kit
$165 per kit

Full IM upgrade kit, Turbocharged (Non VVIS)
€125 per kit
$165 per kit

Manifold to cylinder plates.
€60 per set
$80 per set

SHIPPING COSTS
Europe - €13 EURO
North Amerrca $40 USD

Pricing subject to exchange rates!
Private EUROPEAN Customers are subject to 21% VAT, companies excluded.
Payments via Credit Card and PayPal subject to Fee's, Bank payments have no Fee. (please cover banking costs if applicable)

GROUP BUY, payment required upon sign up

Last edited:
Thermal shields for the cylinder heads are also available individually.
Where does one find info (pictures, pricing, how to order) for these extra thermal shields?

Got info (pricing, how to order) for the intake manifold pieces (without the plenum piece as I'm CTSC/Whipple and that is not ready yet)?

Adnan put me down for the complete NA kit and let me know when you want the Paypal done with freight to down here
Cheers
Cam

I'll set up a separate GB page right now,

Latzke,
You can purchase the cylinder head shields separate, I do have Whipple version ready!

Will you be posting pictures of the Whipple Version Heat shields? From the thread I'm unsure of where this will be located and I'm curious if it will interfere with the bypass hose.
What all is included in the Whipple SC kit? I'm guessing the Manifold to cylinder plates are additional for each kit, correct?

Thanks for the info

Last edited:
Question for the collective brain trust here...

How much of the heat in our SC (whipple/autorotor/sos) setups are from heat soak vs heat generated by the SC itself (friction of compressing air)?

In other words, how much total benefit do we expect from these pieces?

You'll limit heat from the aluminum castings transferring to the manifold which heats up,
By far the main factor in the supercharger is the compression heat from the air being compressed in the lobes.

Water injection or inter cooler would be the main solution next to a properly sized SC unit.

just the insulator kit will raise the blower unit 10 mm,
Mvm, shall i put you on the list?

Hi Adnan,
Can you send me a picture as well (or better, post one here to see for all :) ).

And YES, I am interested :)

FYI, it would seem that an Autorotor CTSC cannot be raised by much more than 10mm before it would interfere with the SOS or Comptech Targa brace.

You'll limit heat from the aluminum castings transferring to the manifold which heats up,
By far the main factor in the supercharger is the compression heat from the air being compressed in the lobes.

Water injection or inter cooler would be the main solution next to a properly sized SC unit.

So is there a possibility here that the SC will loose the intake manifold as a heat sink (especially if the manifold is isolated from the heads by the lower gasket and so itself less hot)?

Different question, but similar... If the SC is getting pretty hot, I see mentions of IATs up to if not over 250 in RYU's "Meth kit with CTSC" thread. Any possibility the SC makes very latent/distant use of the engine cooling system (heat transferred to manifold to heads to coolant)?

Probably dumb questions...but these IATs being tossed around are indeed hotter than the engine should be running...and I'll never know how dumb without asking people who know more.

If you look trough the "Heatsoaking Fuel Rail" thread you can see that the manifold gets hotter than the S/C anyway.
The blower unit is 25F cooler.
i believe that was with the water injection before the TB. the IM is only slightly warmerthan blowerin my steup with no water injection.

i suspect the phenolic spacers will help. ceramic coating and gold leaf heat shields will be my last resort.

Example of the kit installed, (BBVNSX's car)
attachment.php
attachment.php

Back