• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Intake manifold upgrade kit

Also interested in a whipple version, keep us posted

Yes, i hope to start R&D on the whipple version this early this week.
I should have a update on autorotor drawings mid week.

We've head some delays in machining current NA kits hope to have a turbo charger prototype plenum in tomorrow form the machine shop,

Current status

NA application
- Regular VVIS application (final testing stages)
- VVIS Delete application (final testing stages)

CTSC
- Autorrotor (a still in design stage)
- - Water/Methanol injection system (early stages)

- Whipple/lyshom (I'll start prototyping this week)
- - Water/Methanol injection system (design stage)

Turbocharger (with regular manifold)
- VVIS Delete application (final testing stages)

The lower portion is exactly the same for all applications (thermal shields on the cylinder heads, the CTSC versions will have a thermal spacer insulating the charger unit.
Optionally with a spacer to increase plenum volume and additional injection

Will there be a thermal spacer/shield insulating the stock intake manifold also?

Yes,

It isolates the intake manifold from the cylinder heads, it also adds a secondary thermal barrier between the upper and lower manifold to limit radiation heat soak.
The naturaly asperated (stock) version is in final testing stages

Last edited:
The CTSC versions will [also] have a thermal spacer insulating the charger unit.

Will this be between the charger unit and the top plate of manifold, or between top plate and rest of manifold? I ask because some CTSC manifolds have the top plate welded on.

Also, what are the thicknesses? How much will lower shields/gaskets and upper thermal spacer increase height (each alone and combined)?

Last edited:
Well in the newer style chargers the roof of the plenum bolts off, in the old style it's welded.
The oldstyle setup (I'm working on that as we speak) will have the flange insulated.

For just a thermal insulation kit it the height in crease shouldn't be more than 1/4 inch.
For the water injection system we are looking at 2/3 to 3/4 inch increase in height

I received my prototype kit from AS Motorsport. They look and feel like high quality pieces. The intake spacer is about what I guessed would be the thickest one could go while keeping all hoses/connections intact.

Nice job, guys. I will report back when I test it with my fully ported intake manifold and 74 mm throttle body.

Going to have my intake off soon for another reason. How can I purchase the intake gasket / thermal shield piece? I have the CTSC but am not sure I need that upper barrier...more interested in the one between the heads and the intake. Thanks.

Sorry for my late update, we've been very hectic moving towards a new building.
Anyway let's start up the group buy

NSX%20IM%20Kit%201.jpg

NSX intake manifold upgrade kit.
Full kit in ether NA or Turbo version

€180
$240 USD

Shipping $35 USD towards North America via Fedex

I'll post up GB pricing tomorrow morning

Thermal shields for the cylinder heads are also available individually.

How would the turbo differ from the NA version?

How is this different from the Prospeed kit? just curious.

Do you do a version without the middle VVIS divider?

Back