• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

interest in 4.44 final drive

I can say that I would be interested. Are there any advantages to doing the short gears at the same time (ie do you save on labour?). I don't know if I'd get it immediately, but am interested. thanks.

Is this ever going to happen? I wold be interested in changing my final drive over the winter. I would never do 4.23 not a big enough change. I would do either 4.44 or 4.55 if they ever became available.

Any news, anywhere?

Is this ever going to happen? I wold be interested in changing my final drive over the winter. I would never do 4.23 not a big enough change. I would do either 4.44 or 4.55 if they ever became available.

Any news, anywhere?

" I'm sorry, we did not receive enough interest to look into producing this at this time. However, I am interested in hearing any interest. You can shoot an e-mail to [email protected]

cheers,
-- Chris"

Posted by Chris some time ago.

The number is a ratio of the number of drive and driven gear teeth which normally goes into the 3rd or 4th decimal place. The number 4.4 is probably just a rounded number of the actual ratio.

cheers,
-- Chris

I wonder how much interest there would be in a 4.235 (NSX-R) R&P if it would fit the late model manual LSD and retain the power steering.

I would definately get one.

You get my BACK FROM THE DEAD award.
4215335474_f53680a829.jpg

count me on, I want the 4.44 without the LSD as a combo sale, those together were costing too much

Also interested! :smile: So the 5spd short gears with this final gear would outperform/equal the factory NSX-R 6spd in acceleration assuming the same hp? Any idea what fuel economy numbers that would produce (estimated)?

Also interested! :smile: So the 5spd short gears with this final gear would outperform/equal the factory NSX-R 6spd in acceleration assuming the same hp? Any idea what fuel economy numbers that would produce (estimated)?
Yes.

In regards to fuel economy. At 3,500rpm:

4.40 - 79mph

4.235 - 76mph

Hi Chris,

So for the lesss technically minded (like me) with only IHE mods and no other power mods considered, what is the real world change that I would experience?

I'm looking at your sport clutch as well as a my winter work.

regards, Paul

So for the lesss technically minded (like me) with only IHE mods and no other power mods considered, what is the real world change that I would experience?

modest but real improvement in acceleration, with gear changes closer together / sooner, very slightly reduced top speed.

Hi Chris,

i have a similar question.what would be an estimate of how much quicker an unmodded car would be 0-60,and about how many hours of labor would be required for an experienced mechanic to install a new final drive (to get an idea of total cost)?

well here's some outputs from my NSX performance model in MATLAB comparing four setups:

1) 5 speed (US)
2) 6 speed
3) 5 speed with 4.44 diff
4) 6 speed with 4.44 diff

0 - 60 times:
1) 5.56
2) 5.30
3) 5.34
4) 5.05

Quarter mile times:
1) 13.93
2) 13.73
3) 13.80
4) 13.64

See the attached graphs , especially the car separations when accelerating side by side.

Attachments

• Diff 4.44 0 - 60mph.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Diff 4.44 - Car separations.pdf
    15.2 KB · Views: 15
Can you run a 5spd w jdm short gears with 4.4 final?

Back