• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is Umbrella the only company that offers on the fly suspension adjustments?

So I guess you know everything that I know about the product? Damn you're presumptuous.. airbags have been around for decades..its public domain. Improving on that concept doesn't mean its a "chinese knock off" as you say. And btw anyone can botch the install of any car part. Does that make the product inferior? No. What have you got to gain by bashing Ravi's work?? nothing other than looking really bad. And no I'm no "fan boy"...... And yes he's always improving his design... I really don't care if you have valid reasons for bashing someone's products but you can't just say its trash.
I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Reread what I said on this thread (or other threads for that matter). You're just making yourself look silly.

- - - Updated - - -

btw.. I happen to know Ravi's machinist. He's a distant relative. The machine work is top notch but machinist are only as good as the specs they are given. Who said anything about airbags. Who said anything about chinese knock offs? LOL, dude.. you're cracking me up.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Reread what I said on this thread (or other threads for that matter). You're just making yourself look silly.

- - - Updated - - -

btw.. I happen to know Ravi's machinist. He's a distant relative. The machine work is top notch but machinist are only as good as the specs they are given. Who said anything about airbags. Who said anything about chinese knock offs? LOL, dude.. you're cracking me up.

He's a friend of mine and I want you to clarify what you mean by his kit is a "copy" ?

I don't get the hatred for Ravi and Umbrella? Where is this coming from?

If you gave some one your car, a BRS wide body, $60,000 and a year and a half to do a job, but ended up having to buy a new car, a new body kit, and finally fly out and pick up the car in person just to get it back, would you not be upset? The only reason I don't have more to say is because I also blame myself. I should have been smart enough to never send him my car in the first place.

He held my car hostage. He bilked me for tons of $. He used very rare/expensive parts I sent him to create knock offs that others here now purchase. He always has an excuse. Another lie. Another reason the project isn't being done. And I'm not the only one.......

lol......bottom line steve's ilift system which i was able to observe close up is amazing....

Can I just say something? I think this 9 page thread is has a terrible subject. The entire post had turned into talk about the iLift (which I don't have any issues with) but the title basically is titled with the competitors name. It keeps getting bumped over and over. I am not blaming anyone for this, but I think it is in bad taste to leave that subject line and continue on this thread basically showing an alternative to the VRH. I think the iLift product is good on its own and should have its own thread. If the posts on this thread are valuable and it must go on, then perhaps a mod should at least edit the title. I am not on either side, I just think it is a bit unfair to Umbrella to have this thread going like it is with this header.

Last edited:
the title is an interrogative ,asking if there are other solutions..and there is.

The iLift system is a lift system, not a variable-ride-height system. I don't know anything about Umbrella but if it is VRH then they are not exactly equivalent.

great point, the title is vague asking for options about "on the fly adjustments" does that mean vrh or an edfc type damper adjustment system or ...?

The topic asked if Umbrella was the only option. The answer was no, and other options were cited.

Umbrella is a lift system too. It is not a. VRH. If it can be called a VRH like an Airrunner airbag system. If it can be called a VRH, than technically the iLift can be called a VRH since it offers two height positions. It is not advisable to drive on a cup system in the up position anyway, so I doubt either manufacturer of the cup lift systems would classify their product as a true VRH.

HOWEVER, since the iLift system has its own topic now, I'll no longer reference the iLift system if I post in this topic again.

The topic asked if Umbrella was the only option. The answer was no, and other options were cited.

Umbrella is a lift system too. It is not a. VRH. If it can be called a VRH like an Airrunner airbag system. If it can be called a VRH, than technically the iLift can be called a VRH since it offers two height positions. It is not advisable to drive on a cup system in the up position anyway, so I doubt either manufacturer of the cup lift systems would classify their product as a true VRH.

HOWEVER, since the iLift system has its own topic now, I'll no longer reference the iLift system if I post in this topic again.

Good to have options in the community. I just finished install my Umbrella Variable Ride Height Kit. I am able to vary the height i want the system to go up or down. it can be full up or down or a little up and a little down. I was able to drive around with the system all the way up without any noticeable ride difference, except it was a little stiffer.

Good to have options in the community. I just finished install my Umbrella Variable Ride Height Kit. I am able to vary the height i want the system to go up or down. it can be full up or down or a little up and a little down. I was able to drive around with the system all the way up without any noticeable ride difference, except it was a little stiffer.

Exactly. It changes the way the coil overs act. Having the cup fully filled with air or partially filled with air changes the suspension dampening. It can be done, but not a good idea IMHO. The competition can technically fill the cups partially too if the manufacturer so desired to have the system operate that way. He chose to not allow that. An airbag system would be a better choice than a cup system if one wanted to vary ride height via air pressure.

We all know how the Umbrella system works. It's been around for a while and is a good option. Personally, I don't want to ride on an air cushion do I always choose to lower the cup ASAP and continue driving.

Exactly. It changes the way the coil overs act. Having the cup fully filled with air or partially filled with air changes the suspension dampening. It can be done, but not a good idea IMHO. The competition can technically fill the cups partially too if the manufacturer so desired to have the system operate that way. He chose to not allow that. An airbag system would be a better choice than a cup system if one wanted to vary ride height via air pressure.

We all know how the Umbrella system works. It's been around for a while and is a good option. Personally, I don't want to ride on an air cushion do I always choose to lower the cup ASAP and continue driving.

Regardless, it is nice to have different systems to choose from. All i need is to go up and down since i am 3 inches off the ground. Multiple systems will do this. Just like we have different brake options, forced induction options and chassis stiffening option, we NOW have a few good ride height options. :smile:

Can I just say something? I think this 9 page thread is has a terrible subject. The entire post had turned into talk about the iLift (which I don't have any issues with) but the title basically is titled with the competitors name. It keeps getting bumped over and over. I am not blaming anyone for this, but I think it is in bad taste to leave that subject line and continue on this thread basically showing an alternative to the VRH. I think the iLift product is good on its own and should have its own thread. If the posts on this thread are valuable and it must go on, then perhaps a mod should at least edit the title. I am not on either side, I just think it is a bit unfair to Umbrella to have this thread going like it is with this header.

The word Umbrella can be removed. I didn't mean any harm by this.

Back