• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kix's LED Taillights

1 NA1 / NA2 kit is in stock ready to go for $795 + shipping!!!

DSC00372.JPG

NA2 turn signal

DSC00381.JPG

Reverse Light

DSC00395.JPG

GTC brake light

DSC00397.JPG

New blank bulb bases (more reliable then reusing old bulbs)

DSC00403.JPG

DSC00404.JPG

DSC00505.JPG

More pics here: http://alumni.cs.ucr.edu/~lrichard/LED/GTC/

Last edited:
Thought I throw out an update for a new style I'm building for a customer... say hello to MegaBar!

It has the highest LED count coming in at 400 per panel for a whopping total of 800 LEDs for the driving/brake lamp. In order to power it correctly it takes its power from all 4 brake lamp connectors! Also, brightness is not compromised due to a specially customized controller. At its maximum setting it is seriously bright. I've included some test shots of a SINGLE panel lighting up my garage and my friends BLACK car.

At this time the MegaBar kit will be special order only. Now... some pics!

MegaBar04.jpg

MegaBar05.jpg

Mega Bar vs Full Bar

MegaBar03.jpg

Exposure was adjusted to capture the shot. From a human eye perspective all you will see is red... everywhere

MegaBar01.jpg

Exposure adjusted to match what I see in the garage at full brightness

MegaBar02.jpg

Picture doesn't represent the true brightness. When the shot was taken, the house in the background was actually bathed in red as well.

Finally had some time to starting working on another GTC kit after knocking out the interior LED orders. Going to try to have this done and ready for sale by end of week.

IMG_0455.jpg

Finally had some time to starting working on another GTC kit after knocking out the interior LED orders. Going to try to have this done and ready for sale by end of week.

IMG_0455.jpg

Kit is sold!!! Going halfway around the world to Thailand!

DSC00861.JPG

DSC00863.JPG

DSC00864.JPG

Will try to have another GTC kit ready within two weeks!

Looks good.

Question: Will this work with EDM lights?

Got some more GTC's in stock!

NewStock.JPG

The one pictured on the bottom is sold but I'll have the one on top ready by Friday.

Also took some mockup pics of the kits. Enjoy!

Turn_Promo.jpg

FB_Promo.jpg

I put the fullbar on full brightness and it was so crazy I took a picture. It actually lit up the entire room! :eek:

Last edited:
Just finished the my first switchable design. Now you can enjoy two designs in one! Full Bar to GTC and back again. As always its 100% controller based and the designs are switchable via a toggle switch. The full bar and GTC kit is available now. For prices and details please PM me!

DSC03398.JPG

DSC03400.JPG

DSC03399.JPG

^ All of my LED boards comes with cool hand soldered joints. Use of copper wires is limited where possible for durability purposes.

Youtube Video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDUXQQrhP-A

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDUXQQrhP-A?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDUXQQrhP-A?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Damnit Kix... You just had to go and make the interchangable tails. How much for the GTC/full bar kit now? You're gonna make me go broke!

QPDO

Wow the switchable is awesome!

May be also add another style like the clearcorners one 3 style switchable :biggrin::eek::eek::biggrin:

Go all the way, make it user programmable! Scrolling marquis lettering! Animation!!!

Seriously, how cool would it be to have a taillight boot up sequence when the car starts up?! Or it could display info about the car, mods, etc. at car shows.

Have one switchable Full Bar <> GTC kit in stock! This might be the last kit I make for the next 30-45 days since I'm getting busy with taxes and work!

DSC03441.JPG

DSC03444.JPG

Last edited:
Just got back from my snowboard trip and sold a kit going to Norway!

DSC03601.JPG

^Spent a week in Snow Basin and Park City Utah. Didn't miss the NSX one bit since the conditions were great for March!

DSC03639.JPG

DSC03641.JPG

My schedules starting to fill up with taxes, work, and one last snowboard trip (reached max accural vacation @ work). Will definatly try to have another kit ready in 30 days.

Last edited:
Way to go man, the combo lights are just sick! If I was actually using my NSX and not just letting it collect dust I'd be all over it! Another job well done!

Any nicer pics of them installed on cars ( the full bar ones) They look really high quality, could use some high quality pictures to show them off !;)

Taxes are done and my major project at work is finished so I'm back in production!

And with that here's what I finished for another member... First NA1 GTC/Full bar combo kit I've sold.

DSC03688.JPG

DSC03689.JPG

DSC03691.JPG

DSC03693.JPG

DSC03694.JPG

DSC03695.JPG

DSC03696.JPG

Also, just a notice that my prices for my combo kit and install we be going up in 30 days. Reason for the change is simply due to the extra labor involved in installing as well as producing a combo kit. For those who want to lock in my current prices I am offering a $50 deposit deal. For details please PM!

Teaser pictures below. Better pictures coming soon after a wash and wax.

Comparison of the stock bulbs (left) vs the LEDs (right)
attachment.php

JGTC style
attachment.php

I also shaved the lettering off the lenses
attachment.php

attachment.php

Controller box in the tool area
attachment.php

Switched to full bar mode
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 969
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 972
  • IMAG0185.jpg
    IMAG0185.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 964
  • IMAG0186.jpg
    IMAG0186.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 968
  • IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 964
  • IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 976
Audax, WE NEED NIGHT SHOTS!

I'm starting to dig these. I think Kix is finally the real deal. We've seen a lot of flops here on Prime and I may actually pull the trigger on Kix's setup.

Back