• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kix's LED Taillights

kix

Registered Member
----------------------KIX's Inventory-------------------------
1 - NA1/2 POD Kit (PICTURED BELOW)
1 - NA1/2 Full Bar Kit (PICTURED BELOW)

=========================================
1 - NA1/2 GTC Kits in Assembly (End of Jan 2011)

------------------------------------------------------------------
2 - NA2 GTC Kits SOLD

Greetings!
I’m a brand new vendor here at Prime and also a fellow NSX owner and I am introducing a LED tail light kit and services. I believe I am the 3<sup>rd</sup> or 4<sup>th</sup> vendor to do this and hopefully your last ^__^
<o></o>
I’ve spent almost 3+ months with R&D and spend over $1000 to finally bring out a production kit. Now these are not your quickie LED taillights that you buy 1000+ LEDs and goto a website to calculate resistance and assemble. My kit is 100% RESISTOR FREE and I used a set of integrated circuits to control the turn signals, driving, reverse and brake lamps. The result is a system that uses power that is regulated, efficient, customizable, and most importantly, reliable.
<o></o>
Since this kit satisfies all of my objectives I feel great to offer it to you. These kits will be of the highest quality in both LEDs and materials used. Since I probably bored you with the reading material above lets look at some pictures.

<o></o>
DSC00399.JPG

The heart of the LEDs is a custom controller that is plug and play. It offers 100% control over brightness. Pictured is a controller that controls the Driving/Brake/Turn/Reverse lights. Each one can be dimmed or made brighter through the adjusters. With this you can have brake lights that can fry retinas or dim them to a point where you can barely see them. These controllers are modularized for easy access as well as servicing in case of failure.

DSC00401.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

Pictured is a complete GTC kit for the NA2. All that is shown here is fully functional when plugged into the NSX wiring harness. No wires need to be cut or altered. The kit is 100% plug and play and utilizes stock bulb connectors as well as MOLEX type plugs

IMG_3351.jpg

Pictured is a complete tail light assembly. You can see the reverse light, driving/brake lamps, and turn signals have all been converted to LEDs. Each indicator light is controlled via the LED controller and can be dimmed.

<o></o>

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

Pictured is a back view of the taillight assembly. It shows the use of the OEM light bulb sockets to power the LEDS as well as connectors for the LED controllers.

<o></o>
That’s about it for descriptions… now some action shots:
<o></o>
IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

<o></o>
Now, on to pricing!

NOTE:
I will be offering GTC, full bar, POD styles this time. Additional styles will be added soon or can be requested! Also, in order to bring order and control sales I will only be selling what I have in stock that is complete and ready to go. For example, if I have one kit in stock, whoever buys it gets that kit and I will NOT accept any further orders until I get another one in stock. This protects me and protects, most importantly, YOU!

For status of items in stock please see the top of this thread. I will update it with ETAs of items in stock as well as quanities on hand.

<o></o>
Package 1G- DIY - $795
DSC00401.JPG

- Led taillight kit GTC Style for Driver and Passenger (584 LEDs total)
- Combo Controller (single controller for Turn Signals, brake/driving, reverse lamp)
- Tail Light Sealant (Similar to OEM tail light sealant… non permanent and comes apart with heat)
- 15 Spare LEDs (5 red 5 white 5 yellow)
- Free Universal Turn Signal Flasher (must ship yours in at time of order)
<o></o>

<o></o>
Package 1P- DIY - $895
DSC00407.JPG

- Led taillight kit Pod Style for Driver and Passenger (780 LEDs total)
- Combo Controller (single controller for Turn Signals, brake/driving, reverse lamp)
- Tail Light Sealant (Similar to OEM tail light sealant… non permanent and comes apart with heat)
- 10 Spare LEDs (5 red 5 white)
<o></o>

<o></o>
Package 1B- DIY - $935
DSC00405.JPG

- Led taillight kit Full Bar Style for Driver and Passenger (900 LEDs total)
- 10 Spare LEDs (5 red 5 white)
<o></o>

Optional
-$500 – Installation
-$50+ – Custom LED controllers
-$30 – Extra tail light sealant (enough to seal 4 lights!!!)
DSC00508.JPG

-$95 – Acura OEM Tail light gaskets (recommended!!!)

Last edited:
Re: Kix's LED Taillights!!!

I need to buy the controllers by themselves, please PM me if you can sell them to me.

Thanks

Re: Kix's LED Taillights!!!

It looks dim with just the parking lights on. Any night shots?

The intensity of parking/brake/turn signal are all adjustable through the controllers. At its lowest setting it'll be VERY dim... At its highest setting I personally guarantee you will be pulled over! :biggrin:

I actually drove around with the highest setting and at stop lights it literally FLOODS in a sea of red whoever is behind me. Its so bright that the driver cannot look straight ahead. Of course, after coming home I adjusted it down... a bit.

I'll have some night pics next week.

Finished one panel of the Bar Style taillight.

IMO the barstyle is really nice. I might swap out my POD style for this one soon :biggrin:

DSC03291.JPG

DSC03292.JPG

Picture of the solder joints since some asked.

I also posted a youtube video demonstrating the controller/led panels brightness adjustment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YGAFY7AAoI

Can someone tell me how to embed videos? Cant figure it out.

Thanks!

</PRE>

Last edited:
PM sent
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2YGAFY7AAoI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2YGAFY7AAoI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i really want to get an LED taillight!
i was wondering if we have enough interest, can we get one made the "proper" way?

i dont know about other people but to me these lights seems to be too small, the reverse light does not fill up the white area and the 3 square ones are too small leaving too much red part...

i will definitely purchase a set myself, if theres more people interested in the more spaced out and fits properly one, pls leave some notes so we could make this happen!

1. NSX R-GT

i really want to get an LED taillight!
i was wondering if we have enough interest, can we get one made the "proper" way?

i dont know about other people but to me these lights seems to be too small, the reverse light does not fill up the white area and the 3 square ones are too small leaving too much red part...

i will definitely purchase a set myself, if theres more people interested in the more spaced out and fits properly one, pls leave some notes so we could make this happen!

1. NSX R-GT

I think I have 2-3 people who are interested in this style so I'll produce the "GTC" style one real soon. It actually uses a lot less LEDs and is a lot easier to manufacture. I also finalized a controller that is even more efficient for this style and just need more time to test. I figure I should have one ready by early janurary and might be able to knock off around $100 off the price if all works out.

Do you have any pics of this on any of your customers car? Whats the warranty on it. I just dont want to take it off again and again to replace leds.

None yet. I guess money is still tight in this economy. Also my warranty is 6months. While I can't guarantee my LEDs wont burn out (its an impossible guarantee) I can guarantee they are engineered to significatnly reduce this possability. With the use of controllers the LEDs will always be driven properlly.

What style are you interested in?

Last edited:
DSC03309.JPG

Thought I post up the new GTC style. Its not finished cause I RAN OUT OF LEDs and wont get more in for another week. I'm also starting to like this style more than the Full bar. I should have final pricing for this kit once its done which I expect to be end of december/early jan (but probably sooner)

I want the GTC, version. Can you pm your phone number and maybe we can work something out. I like how you can adjust the brightness as this way I can avoid getting pulled over.

DSC03309.JPG

Thought I post up the new GTC style. Its not finished cause I RAN OUT OF LEDs and wont get more in for another week. I'm also starting to like this style more than the Full bar. I should have final pricing for this kit once its done which I expect to be end of december/early jan (but probably sooner)

I am also very interested in the GTC style, I look forward to your first test set pics/videos, keep up the good work!!

Update on the GTC kit. Its done and being installed into a customer's NA2 tail light!

Here are some photos:

DSC03318.JPG

DSC03319.JPG

DSC03321.JPG

Dont mind the LED board in the back ground. I used it to hold the turn signal in place.

DSC00505.JPG

DSC03325.JPG

DSC03319.JPG

DSC03331.JPG

DSC03326.JPG

Also, all kits will now be 100% resistor free and will include the new style reverse light than can be adjusted for brightness.

I should also have another NA1/2 GTC kit ready in the next week.

Last edited:
DIY Kit Installation Services in Canada

With Richard's permission, I am offering installation services for kix's DIY kits. Though these are pictures of apkarian's DIY kit, the installation process is the same.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1291208&postcount=1

My installation fee is $350 which includes the installation of kix's DIY kits into your OEM tail lights. Shipping costs are not included.

For local NSX owners, my fee is $400 which includes
- the removal of your tail lights (installation of a spare set of lights if needed)
- installation of the DIY kit into your OEM lights
- removal of the spare set of lights (if used)
- installation of the LED OEM lights
- custom brake warning light defeat harness with installation

Of course if neither installation nor the brake warning light harness and install is necessary, the standard price is $350 for everyone.

Last edited:
DSC00399.JPG

Heres a picture of the new controller. Its a all in one unit that can fit in the tool well. The top 4 knobs from left to right controls the [Brake, Driving, Left Turn signal, Right Turn signal] brightness. The bottom knob adjust the reverse light brightness.

All use MOLEX type connectors for easy "plug and play" installation. Also, this will be the default controller for all LED kits.

Last edited:
Back