• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

List your Top 3 Tracks in N.A.

OK...here's my list (although I haven't actually driven on them all yet.)

1.) Thunderhill (where it all started)
2.) Laguna Seca (famous & visually beautiful)
3.) Buttonwillows (looks tasty)

for Big time racing venue?
Laguna Sega
Long Beach
Elkard Lake

I've driven on 27 different tracks in North America, from coast to coast. My top three, rated for MOST FUN:

1. Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
2. Virginia International Raceway
3. Road Atlanta

I enjoy tracks that have a lot of flow, where one turn throws you into the next, which throws you into the next, etc. These are often called "rhythm tracks". That's why I'm not crazy about Road America (the nearby town is spelled Elkhart Lake, BTW); it has no rhythm. In fact, it's the only track I've driven where there is a straight between every two consecutive turns.

Last edited:
My list of favorite tracks i've driven on:

1. Laguna Seca
2. Mosport
3. Watkins Glen

Also really liked:
Long Beach
Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve (Montreal Grand Prix)

-Funny, all were F1 tracks.

Road America (Elkhart Lake) is a great track too

To do list:
Mont Tremblant
Infineon

Last edited:
Laguna Seca, Seattle (when the pavement was good), Sears Point (refuse to call it by any other name), Mid Ohio, Road America, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock. I'm a sucker for elevation changes! Laguna is where it all started for me as a young one while my Dad was stationed at Fort Ord, I got to see the first Can Am ground pounders and got my first racing cart with a Mac 10 the same year! In my later years road racing carts (formerly known as enduro carts) then my first formula ford a "85 Reynard purchased in "89, presently a "90 Reynard Atlantic (my avatar) maintenance by me but race weekends by my pal Mike Demski and my newest keep me honest "95 NSX purchased Friday the 27th. in Anaheim with the knowledge from this forum! Great forum guys!!

Last edited:
Laguna Seca, Seattle (when the pavement was good), Sears Point (refuse to call it by any other name), Mid Ohio, Road America, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock. I'm a sucker for elevation changes! Laguna is where it all started for me as a young one while my Dad was stationed at Fort Ord, I got to see the first Can Am ground pounders and got my first racing cart with a Mac 10 the same year! In my later years road racing carts (formerly known as enduro carts) then my first formula ford a "85 Reynard purchased in "89, presently a "90 Reynard Atlantic (my avatar) maintenance by me but race weekends by my pal Mike Demski and my newest keep me honest "95 NSX purchased Friday the 27th. in Anaheim with the knowledge from this forum! Great forum guys!!

Welcome to the family! Looks like you'll fit right in. Hope to meet you at a track nearby with your new '95.

Seattle?? You mean Pacific Raceways (used to call SIR) We had a few members visited this track and liked them too, I used to called this home track Ghetto... the elevation, different part of pavement (patches:biggrin:), lack of run off area. It's a technical track no less and YOU ALL WILL BE THERE AT NSXPO 2008!!!

Yeap, Laguna Seca would be my favorite in GT3, GT4, I've never been there...nor my nsx will pass the emission...

The third place will go to Infineon or Mid ohio, actually Mosport looks good too... never been there either, but watch races in front of TV.

START PACKING YOUR BAGS FOR MOSPORT AT XPO'09.

I was there today; AWESOME.

I havent been on nearly as many tracks as some here, but two standouts for me are Mosport, which just plain rules, and Tremblant, which is in amazing shape, extremely picturesque and challenging too.

Watkins,Infineon,Road atlanta.

1) Road America
2) Laguna Seca
3) Mid Ohio

Sadly I've visited and rode on more tracks than I've had the privilege to drive on, but my favorite are all close by, so I'm happy:

1) Mosport
2) Watkins Glen
3) Tremblant

I like high speed tracks with lots of elevation change and these three deliver in spades - all three hosted F1 races in their past.

No matter how tricky the course is, if its pretty flat it just doesn't capture my imagination - just like girls:wink:

Of those I've driven so far, inorder:

1) Road Atlanta
2) Mid-Ohio
3) Road America

Turn 12 at Road Atlanta may be one of the most exhilerating things I've done in a LONG time. The pucker factor is enormous the first few times through.

Feff

These are my 2 favorite tracks that I raced on my GP bike.
Riverside Int'l
Willow Springs

I did drive a Formula Ford at Laguna Seca with Jim Russell Racing School - it was AWESOME.

Circuit Mont Tremblant is regarded as one of the finest racing circuits in North America and has seen some of the greatest names in racing drive their way around it's demanding layout. Famous names like Villeneuve, Andretti, Stewart, Moss, Ickx, Rahl, and Tracy have all raced here on what Michael Schumacher described as the Little Nurburgring.

I have only driven 2 tracks...

1. Road Atlanta

2. Brainerd

Road America and Autobahn (Joliet, Il)

Also have taken a few laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway during Community Day held the Wednesday before the Indy 500. On this day they allow spectators to drive their cars around the track. Cost is $10/lap.

Of the 24 NA tracks I've driven -- in order of challenge:

1. Laguna Seca
2. Sears Point
3. Lime Rock

Last edited:
Back