• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for a 97-01 fixed roof coupe

TOO BAD. I don't think your understanding me. I am happy and have no regrets what so ever. Almost 3 years of enjoyment with the car and all I,m sure anyone else in my position really wouldn't care unless I wanted to sell the car and make profit on it, which I don't. All that matters to me on a car is how it looks, how it drives, and if I can legally own it and drive with no problems.......I have nothing left to say...........

As I said before (twice) it's a beautiful car - in fact sometimes I wish that my T was a coupe with a 3.2L and 6 speed. And you shouldn't care (except that it's going to be a hard car to sell in the future because of it's history).

And you're wrong "anyone else in your postion" would be furious that someone sold them a 1998 that was really a rebuilt 91 with 70k more miles than on the odometer - it's called FRAUD. So as long as you keep the car, you're styling. However, you might want to check with a lawyer before you ever sell the car to see what your liability is for future lawsuits from a buyer and what you are required to disclose.

Last edited:
interresting,so capt his car should have at least 2 different vins:confused: or just one vin for the frame/body and a non matching engine/diff....?

interresting,so capt his car should have at least 2 different vins:confused: or just one vin for the frame/body and a non matching engine/diff....?

I don't know the legalities of working with salvaged cars, but I would assume that the VIN should be that of the frame, yes? Otherwise you just re-body an old car and then you have a brand new zero milage car, which doesn't sound right. That's why I advised talking to a lawyer to see what the liabilities of selling this car would be. If he sells it as a 1998 and the buyer finds out that it's not and there has been all kinds of monkey business with the VIN, odometer and title, even though he was not the perpetrator he may be liable. This is the exact reason there are laws in place for tampering with VINS and odometers.

According to this thread - the car had a salvage title and now Stallion777 is posession of a clean title. So any buyer who does due diligence is going to start asking questions.

Last edited:
Captain, you've done all you can for this guy Stallion777 - who doesn't care what he has and really I believe he doesn't want to know. Cause if he really knew he'd have to disclose if he ever sold and as young as he is - he will sell it eventually. Then someone else mistakenly will end up with a mismatched turkey. Actually if the body is straight and the other stuff is good - then he's gotten his money's worth. Believe me it would be hard to buy a coupe and transform it to a 3.2/6 speed with the later interior.

Now - do you think the body was wrecked too? Anyway - it just goes to show you what a resource guys like you and other are that really know their stuff - guys like Stallion come along and don't really know what happened to them. It's just like the thread you had a link to - some young guy with the money came in and thought he was getting a deal and buys it has fun with it and just isn't the wiser. I'm sure he's sad he ever found out. He may not want to admit that his car is salvaged but the proof is right there in front of him if he cares to quit saying...."lalalalalala..I'm not listening". Sure he doesn't care but the guy that buys it thinking that he bought a 98 coupe will be totally pissed when he finds out - he may be a totally different guy than Stallion. I bet he doesn't disclose crap - he's also still in denial. He may choose to stay in that "fools paradise". It still drives great I 'm sure though - have fun...

Thanks again for the great posts on the subject! Let's hear it for Prime! Anyone that really knows these cars would have known something was up with the price. Oh well....:rolleyes:

Excuse me, tbromley. But that is very rude of you. I understand what I have, but like I said earlier, it is what it is and I'm happy with my car. I have no intention of ever selling the car unless I have too and I thank the captain for letting me know something I did not know, but I'm happy with it. Yes it was a dream when I saw the price, but when I saw the car in person and drove it, I wanted the car. I thank god I never had any problems with the tags and getting the car in my name. So like I said I have no regrets. So please don't mistake for someone which I am not. I work six days a week, 12 hours a day. I'm 23 years old, I love cars and work hard trying to pay the car off and insurance and the rest. So like the old saying goes, I guess I thought with my heart and not my head. I took money off my fathers car to buy this one and would gladly do it again. This car is still a dream for me. To the day I pay the bank off and it is 100% mine. I am truly happy with the car. Its like a girlfriend.. she might have a bad history, but I love the girl.....lol Thank you again

Excuse me, tbromley. But that is very rude of you. I understand what I have, but like I said earlier, it is what it is and I'm happy with my car. I have no intention of ever selling the car unless I have too and I thank the captain for letting me know something I did not know, but I'm happy with it. Yes it was a dream when I saw the price, but when I saw the car in person and drove it, I wanted the car. I thank god I never had any problems with the tags and getting the car in my name. So like I said I have no regrets. So please don't mistake for someone which I am not. I work six days a week, 12 hours a day. I'm 23 years old, I love cars and work hard trying to pay the car off and insurance and the rest. So like the old saying goes, I guess I thought with my heart and not my head. I took money off my fathers car to buy this one and would gladly do it again. This car is still a dream for me. To the day I pay the bank off and it is 100% mine. I am truly happy with the car. Its like a girlfriend.. she might have a bad history, but I love the girl.....lol Thank you again

Ohhhh I knew I'd get flamed. Sorry but I really didn't say anything too bad because as I read you previous posts on the subject I read that you didn't believe your car was salvaged. Didn't believe someone could "afford" to put two cars together to create this car you bought and thought it was a 98. Because it didn't seem like you believed it or wanted to believe it - you would most likely not disclose something you didn't believe to be true. So if you do now believe your car is salvaged and somehow avoided that title because they used a non salvage body and put the newer engine/tranny in I guess it didn't register that way.

I know you are enjoying the car and it seems like it runs well - but you are still young and one day I will venture a guess that you will sell the car. When you do or if you do I hope you have the courage to mention the things you found out about the car here on Prime. If I were a potential buyer and didn't know about Prime and didn't know dip about cars in general or NSXs I might buy that car completely unaware of it's shady history - despite the fact that it may drive fine. There was nothing in the posts that you submitted that would make one think you believed your car to truly be a salvage auto. If on the other hand you do and you would divulge that info when and if you ever sold it - then I owe you an apology. If not then perhaps now you might think about that.

No harm intended - we all learn and it takes a lot of knowing cars to be sharp enough to know what's really going on. Obviously you had no idea that your car has a checkered past. Anyway - no big deal - you like it and it's a good car and it runs beautifully and so that's really all there is to it - but it isn't a 98 and it is salvaged. Good luck and no hard feelings - like I said I've learned some lessons the hard way too - no disrespect intended.

According to the numbers compiled on this website, there are no 2002+ NSX coupes. However, it looks like Europe got a few of these rare birds? I just came across this EVO review, it features a 2002 blue coupe.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/car...rvette_zo6_v_nsx_v_carrera_4s_v_tuscan_s.html

Could have been posted before, but I thought this is pertinent to this thread.

I think this is a really good point. I am not sure how cost effective it might be to import a LHD 02+ coupe to the US, but it may be worth it.

German car search mobile.de
No coupes in this list except an NSX-R...

Besides the US, what countries would be the largest importers of LHD Hondas?

I think this is a really good point. I am not sure how cost effective it might be to import a LHD 02+ coupe to the US, but it may be worth it. Besides the US, what countries would be the largest importers of LHD Hondas?

Canada. And there aren't any coupes past 2001 either.

As for importing a LHD +02 Coupe they would be very hard to find. Maybe in Europe?

Canada. And there aren't any coupes past 2001 either.

Then, this blue specimen in the hands of EVO must be one of only a handful of 02+ coupes, probably the rarest of them all, although there could be none at all in LHD. In fact they seem to be rather frequent in Japan (see carsensor.net).

Last edited:
Then, this blue specimen in the hands of EVO must be one of only a handful of 02+ coupes, probably the rarest of them all, although there could be none at all in LHD. In fact they seem to be rather frequent in Japan (see carsensor.net).

The 02+ coupes are IMO is hottest of all NSX's! That would be my ultimate dream NSX:wink:

Although it would seem totally wrong to do it, sometimes I wonder what it would be like to do the 2002 update on my Zanardi.

You'd probably be the only one. Having done a 2002 Conversion I don't think its worth it. The Zanardi is nice just the way she is...:smile:

Although it would seem totally wrong to do it, sometimes I wonder what it would be like to do the 2002 update on my Zanardi.

attachment.php

Actually, there would be nothing wrong with doing it. The 02+ update is all bolt on and could be easily reveresed if you ever made the mistake of deciding to sell your Zanardi. :wink:

Actually, there would be nothing wrong with doing it. The 02+ update is all bolt on and could be easily reveresed if you ever made the mistake of deciding to sell your Zanardi. :wink:

Apart from cutting the headlight housing for the 02+ headlight

This white one is not too shabby either. This is "THE" white one.
2001NSX177Custom.jpg

Steve

I've lurked for a long time, but I finally created an account just to say that if I ever have the funds I want your car. I know talk is cheap, but I just needed to get that out there (more as motivation for myself than anything else). White/tan is my favorite color combination (why didn't they ever make white/ivory?!), and to have that in a coupe is amazing.

Beautiful car.

Last edited:
I've lurked for a long time, but I finally created an account just to say that if I ever have the funds I want your car. I know talk is cheap, but I just needed to get that out there (more as motivation for myself than anything else). White/tan is my favorite color combination (why didn't they ever make white/ivory?!), and to have that in a coupe is amazing.

Beautiful car.

They did do a white on white but it's a targa. 2005
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1185763&postcount=1

I believe the new owner of that car called me at my shop tonight. If it's him, and I really think it is, he changed the interior to black alcantra.
He's a really nice man who owns a well known and well respected business that repairs Honda's exclusively.

I believe the new owner of that car called me at my shop tonight. If it's him, and I really think it is, he changed the interior to black alcantra.
He's a really nice man who owns a well known and well respected business that repairs Honda's exclusively.

He may be a nice guy but damn - changing a white on white - is he out of his mind? Oh well there is just no accounting for taste. Man - that's just my favorite car- white/white - other than Steve's coupe - my other favorite car for which I will never have the money. :mad:

But you know I'm pretty damn happy with my 91 Sebring coupe - and now I'm thinking about JDM gears - and Swifts and Bilsteins - I'm a maniac - money you spend you just can't recoupe but what the heck - if you drive it and enjoy it - well that's what it's all about isn't it! :wink:

Back