• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lower priced forced induction kit options coming soon. Please give us your input here

Dozens of LoveFab turbo kits have hit the street, road course, and drag strip since 2005. LoveFab has proven to have the most complete, reliable, and best looking turbo kit out there. Companies like Science of Speed, Driving Ambition, and others have proven that our street kit can be taken straight to the road track with excellent power delivery, properly managed charge temperatures, and durability.

No permanent modifications to the factory NSX chassis are required to install the production kit. When the engine cover is lifted for viewing, the refined and uncluttered factory look of the engine bay is retained with only a simple charge pipe and relief valve visible. The fit and finish of the LoveFab kit replicates and matches that of the factory car.

That being said, we are being flooded with calls to offer a couple different versions of the kit at different price levels to match the needs of different buyers. I am open to ideas and will be discussing this with Chris at Science of Speed, Shad at Driving Ambition, and others who have given us priceless feedback and suggestions regarding the kit in the past.

Here is where you come in. Tell LoveFab what you want - pricing, components, power levels, aesthetics, etc. We will respect and consider ALL comments, but please be reasonable - we can't make a complete NSX turbo kit for sub $5000 and expect to stay in business or offer good support after the sale. Some of the items in the works that will shave some costs for lower priced options: Air-to-air I/C, removal of turbo oil scavenging system, do-it-yourself kits, etc.

Our goal is to be able to offer something in the $7,900 - $9,500 range to compliment our other kit options. For those of you that don't know, we already offer kits starting at $9,900 and up.

Let us know! I will try to answer questions in this thread every day or two.

Thank you!

You definitely have the talent so...........

Make you own headers and place the turbo up above the trans or by the intake so I don't have to run a separate oil reservoir, pump, and lines.

It's just more things to fail and oil starve the turbo = a tow and $$$$.

Why I went to an HP kit after looking at Igor's car.

Later, Jeff

We've already made a couple of prototype manifolds. Actually, these collector pics are from 2005. Sorry they're large:

3to1collector%20005.jpg

3to1collector%20003.jpg

You definitely have the talent so...........

Make you own headers and place the turbo up above the trans or by the intake so I don't have to run a separate oil reservoir, pump, and lines.

It's just more things to fail and oil starve the turbo = a tow and $$$$.

Why I went to an HP kit after looking at Igor's car.

Later, Jeff

it actually would not starve for oil...oil may back up if the pump fails and you will have oil possably push past the seals of the turbo....

after owning a HP kit for a few days (till i sent the pos back) and after seeing at least 5-6 LF kits...its impossable to compare the quality of the two....
thats one way i guess you could lower costs cody...use mild steel and arc weld it with high school welding class students :biggrin:

FWIW i really like the concept of the HP...just wish they took there time now, like they did on the first few they built.

I agree with you on the quality. The Lovefab turbo system is only kit I have seen that looks like it belongs on the car.

it actually would not starve for oil...oil may back up if the pump fails and you will have oil possably push past the seals of the turbo....

If the oil can't flow out, it will back up through the seal of the turbo, like you said. You will see clouds of smoke(I know). If you keep driving the car(like to get home), the reduced oil flow will cause the cause heat to build in the turbo body, and the oil will 'coke' and seize the turbo center-section(I have seen this too...)

Like Jeff said=trailer+$$$

Simple is still better IMO, gravity drain back to the pan:wink:

If the oil can't flow out, it will back up through the seal of the turbo, like you said. You will see clouds of smoke(I know). If you keep driving the car(like to get home), the reduced oil flow will cause the cause heat to build in the turbo body, and the oil will 'coke' and seize the turbo center-section(I have seen this too...)

Like Jeff said=trailer+$$$

Simple is still better IMO, gravity drain back to the pan:wink:

I agree with you but I would not want a hot turbo that close to my transmission. ............turbo blanket or not.

You can gravity feed/drain with a turbo located below the trunk if you are strategic with the location. You just need to make sure the turbo outlet is above the fitting in the pan and run it in AN-10 line.

Heat from a turbo should not be a big problem for the tranny, heat shields are always a good idea though.

i think my main concern is emissions friendly :) anything you can do about that? if so i'll take one!

living in california emissions is a pretty big issue if not the biggest for us. another reason why so many love the comptech sc setup.

i'm not all that knowledgeable about turbos so please forgive me, but i would sacrafice a little boost or pwr to know ill pass my emissions/smog test. maybe a way to be able to change a small part of the setup right before my test to pass it and than change it back for more boost/power after i pass :) with out having to fully uninstall/install just to pass.

GET RID OF THE SCAVENGE SYSTEM. It adds complexity and price! Also could potentially be looked at as taking away from reliability. Its a win win win for everyone by losing it, but I understand that means you would have to change the current design you have now.

J. R.

Great Feedback guys! Thanks, and keep it coming!

So the consensus seems to be leading toward a kit without a scavenge pump. Piece of cake.

What about turbo sizing and desired horsepower levels?

Honestly, i can't see why anyone would any less horsepower than your budget system. That system cost less than a comptech supercharger and will out perform it. The reliablity issues seem to have been solved and you even tune them before they leave your shop. 100 hp is all i would go without a motorbuild. I think the only thing maybe needed is a way to buy it as a kit and have someone local install it. I'm in TX right now and i'd have to drop another 2-3k just to get the car to you.

Is there a cos effective difference between 100hp over stock vs 50hp over stock?

+1 on the scavage pump system.

Will it be available without the CC Headers?

I already have a set of Taitec and headers are heavy to ship and hard to carry as luggage. :biggrin:

How about an upgrade to the standalone EMS for those that want it.

Cheers,

AR

I'm getting my 3.5L motor back this weekend from Shad and have all the parts to install - Tial wast, Torbonetics 50mm swing gate, GT40 or GT35, Water to Air IC system with front MT W/reservoir + lines and pump, AEM, RC750 injectors.

If I send you the wast, swing gate, and GT40 turbo could you build me a high set of SS (JetHot heat coated) headers with a gravity fed oil return? Please add bungs in each run for censers. I have an oil pan with a 10an return and Shad is pulling oil off an enlarged upper oil feed.

I will be working with Shad and TiDave for the project.

I want the most simple turbo setup I can get. I have all the parts but you have the talent to put it all together. Add Shad and Dave W/the 3.5L and this would be a great track project :biggrin:

The 3.5L is at 9 3/4 to 1, studded heads and billet mains. running a NEW 6-speed W/ OS locker.

Just let me know and I'll send the parts to you.

Our turbo systems will never be "Emissions Compliant". We are working on a High-flow Cat version for those that want an environmently friendlier turbo NSX.

50HP vs 100HP is negligible as far as cost.

OK - no oil scavenging system. If we designed a system centered around 375-425whp and maxing out at just shy of 500whp, is this heading in the right direction?

AR99NSX - We'd be happy to work with you on different header options and EMS upgrades are always welcome. The options for EMS upgrades have always been available anyway.

JeffShoots- I thought you had an HP kit?

Our turbo systems will never be "Emissions Compliant". We are working on a High-flow Cat version for those that want an environmently friendlier turbo NSX.

It might not be compliant, but will it pass a sniff test with the right map?

Cheers,

AR

50HP vs 100HP is negligible as far as cost.

OK - no oil scavenging system. If we designed a system centered around 375-425whp and maxing out at just shy of 500whp, is this heading in the right direction?

AR99NSX - We'd be happy to work with you on different header options and EMS upgrades are always welcome. The options for EMS upgrades have always been available anyway.

This is what I am looking for. I would to get right at 400rwhp with decent torque. I am currently at 370ish rwhp with my CTSC setup, but I dont want to run the hi boost kit for driveability reasons. That, and I want to go turbo...plain and simple.

I was inquiring about your current budget kit, and you were going to PM me some details. However, if this new budget kit is coming soon, please PM me those details too. After I sell my CTSC and GT-One exhaust, I will have a good $8800 to start with :)

Keep us informed partner.
Nathan

I do and the NEW 3.5L motor will be going in in a few weeks. I do however have several turbo kits, parts, and would love to see what you could do with them.

I have more experience with the swing gate and Super S BOV but HPs kit was not made for them.

Let me know if you want me to sent you some parts.

I do and the NEW 3.5L motor will be going in in a few weeks. I do however have several turbo kits, parts, and would love to see what you could do with them.

I have more experience with the swing gate and Super S BOV but HPs kit was not made for them.

Let me know if you want me to sent you some parts.

I thought a KIT was all the parts to make something work????:wink:

Show me the kit, bud!:biggrin:

Passing smog would be important to me Cody. Plug in and sniffer.

Id be okay with that new AEM unit but Id need cats in the system, somewhere.

If you can do that, and make it as reliable as your previous systems, Id sell my CTSC which I adore, and send my car over to Michigan for an install.

The logistics and costs of having the car shipped to your location for kit installation is the reason I haven't budgeted for the turbo kit.

I completely understand you wanting to ensure every kit is installed to your high standards. But local installation, tuning and support would make this a must have for me.

This is what I want:
1 - 425WHP(should be safe on a healthy mildly prepped bottom end)
2 - Gravity Oil Return
3 - OEM look under factory engine cover and from rear view
4 - Intercooler in OEM Intake
5 - Retain factory ECU
6 - Must have CATS (can be aftermarket highflow)
7 - O2 Bung for dual wideband
8 - Equal length header design
9 - Complete KIT, for local tuner install or a complete parts list for min. system requirments, list fuel system upgrades if not provided in the kit(optional Tuner to fly in and tune)
10 - Blow off to be as quiet as possible (not looking for that just lost an airline on a semi trailer sound)
11 - Retain OEM airbox if possible
12 - Take whatever steps possible to protect suspension parts from heat generated by the system. (heat wrap, oem type heat sheilds, special coatings, turbo blanket)
13 - A real installation manual (think CTSC installation guide, we like pictures)
14 - spool to full boost by 3500RPM with a focus on mid band TQ not peak HP #s
15 - Price is what it is, but most of the issues I have listed above are about design and layout. I would hope to see an under $10,000 installed and tuned price for a 400whp sollution.

Wish list complete, when can you guys ship! :biggrin:

Dave

Sell just the manifolds and maybe an exhaust. I know your current design uses modded headers, but knowing your background, you have the skill and know how to make your own exhaust manifolds. You've been doing it for many years for all the other Honda platforms.

IMO, the exhaust manifold, aside from the turbo itself, is the heart of a turbo system. Everything else, turbo, wastegate, couplers, piping, etc, can all be out sourced very easily. The manifold is the one thing that many people cannot fabricate themselves.

And keep the price of the manifold comparable. A good heavy gauge manifold for 4 cyl Hondas like yours, Full Race, etc, run a little over a grand.

Back