• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lower priced forced induction kit options coming soon. Please give us your input here

Dude...you are aware that you just said you will pay $9k - $10k for about 30 hp, right? The NA1 cars come with 270 hp stock, and the NA2 come with 290 hp. :confused:

Mitch,
He is asking for 300RWHP, not at the crank which is the HP figure you are quoting. So in essence he is requesting ~60-70HP gain which is about what the low boost CTSC provides.:smile:

Mitch,
He is asking for 300RWHP, not at the crank which is the HP figure you are quoting. So in essence he is requesting ~60-70HP gain which is about what the low boost CTSC provides.:smile:

DOH!! I am an idiot...my bad. :redface:

Vary excited about the outcome. Please keep us updated on the R&D of your new Turbo Kit.

CTSC killer w/more power and torque for around the same price:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Very excited about the outcome. Please keep us updated on the R&D of your new Turbo Kit.

Just thought I'd check in guys - We've made some GREAT progress in designing the new turbo system. Sometime next week I might be able to post a "teaser" picture or two ;)

Just thought I'd check in guys - We've made some GREAT progress in designing the new turbo system. Sometime next week I might be able to post a "teaser" picture or two ;)

Any sneak peek at the cost? :cool:

We've been extremely busy with getting the new kit ready so sorry for the response delay! We are going to try and have the pricing ready by this weekend.

Personally I'd prefer you guys take your time and do it right.. but of course we all want pics and prices already :tongue:

I know I'm a little late since you're in R&D already, but I'm also very interested in this kit. After I make my black NSX look like Vance's lol, I definitely want to go FI. My simple wishlist:

1. 380-420whp, flat torque and smooth power delivery
2. Spool at 3500-4000rpm
3. Gravity drain oil system
4. Safe on engine with stock pistons and internals
5. Stealth install (i.e., quiet blow-off, fits under stock engine cover)
6. Emissions "quasi-compliant" lol (I could care less about the formal certifications, as long as it passes the NYS inspection test) I live in the NYC area, so this is a big issue unfortunately.
7. Heat-sensitive layout, protecting surrounding components
8. Materials and construction that can withstand a full-day track event
9. That incomparable Lovefab exhaust note!
9. ~$10k out the door.

My two primary areas of concern are the emissions and oiling issues. Before I saw this thread, I was leaning toward a SC solution, since it gave me ~400whp, no plumbing and a good chance of passing the emissions test since it doesn't disturb the exhaust system. Although, I suppose if I use hi-flow cats, all the turbo does is reroute the existing exhaust, so it should be just as "clean" as an SC, am I right?

Also, even though a gravity drain is more elegant, would the high lateral G forces on a track impede oil flow back to the pan?

Paul

Thanks for all your great feedback guys!

We have finalized the pricing for our new lower cost kit. The new system will sell for $8,995

We are now gathering 10 deposits for a group buy price of $8,495. Only the first 10 systems will sell for this price. The kits will ship in the order of deposit payments received and we are currently at a finishing capacity of 1 – 2 kits per week, beginning the week of the 12th.

The lower priced system has the same exact fit and finish that we are known for in the NSX community. The main differences are that we have changed the turbo placement to allow for a less expensive gravity drain setup and are utilizing an air-to-air intercooler. A smaller turbo is utilized and horsepower is targeted at the 350 – 425 wheel HP range for stock or slightly modded engines (our more expensive kit is geared towards 400 and much higher levels for those with built internals). The system will ship with a good basemap loaded that will get you safely down the road to your local dyno and tuner.

Please PM me for deposit details. We will be starting on the first kit the week of May 12 and already have four people ready to sign up.

For anyone that hasn’t seen how clean our kit looks, here are a couple of pics. I’ll round up some rear shots of the exhaust and post them later.

dp_engine.JPG

colcer_engine.JPG

Neil_engine.jpg

Definitely good to hear.

Can you provide a list of components involved with this kit? Are you still planing on using the AEM FIC with OBD1 cars?

What would be LoveFab's cost for installation and tuning?
What would be your turn time for installing the kit and tuning it if the car was brought up to you?

Thanks again,
Nathan

Definitely good to hear.

Can you provide a list of components involved with this kit? Are you still planing on using the AEM FIC with OBD1 cars?

What would be LoveFab's cost for installation and tuning?
What would be your turn time for installing the kit and tuning it if the car was brought up to you?

Thanks again,
Nathan

Ditto please check PM!

Cody, it was good talking to you about this kit yesterday. Can't wait to see more pics. Between spending money with you and Ravi (Kane) this fall is going to be expensive.:wink: Frank

So what is component list for this budget kit?

Check out the web site. I believe its air to air though (no WAIC)

The LoveFab Budget system consists of the following parts:

- Cantrell Concepts headers;
- LoveFab Secondaries;
- LoveFab WAIC system including all water pumping components;
- LoveFab charge piping, couplers, and clamps;
- LoveFab exhaust system;
- TiAL 44mm wastegate and the 50mm blow off valve;
- Precision Journal bearing T4 turbo of customers choice (we can size according to the customer’s goals);
- Oil feed and return lines;
- RC 550cc injectors with adapter harness for a non-intrusive installation;
- Walbro 255lph fuel pump;
- AEM FIC piggyback controller wired into a non-intrusive adapter harness;
- All necessary hardware and fittings for a clean and proper installation.

Hey guys- our NSX turbo systems have been widely accepted as one of the cleanest installs out there. I'm sure you guys can appreciate that we wish to keep the new turbo location out of prying eyes for awhile.

Here is the master parts list for those that have asked:

LoveFab Turbo Manifolds (Headers)
Small frame T4 Turbo
Tial 50mm BOV
Tial 44mm gate
LoveFab Wastegate dump tube
LoveFab exhaust, featuring Magnaflow Muffler w/ adjustable tips
Precision Intercooler assembly, 600hp
LoveFab Secondaries (turbo to headers)
LoveFab I/C charge piping with couplers / clamps
LoveFab Turbo Intake with AEM Dryflow filter
LoveFab System Rack
LoveFab Turbo Oil lines
AEM FI/C w/harness
Walbro Fuel 255LPH pump
AEM Fuel pressure Regulator
Fuel Pressure gauge and fitting
RC 750cc Peak and Hold Injectors
All hardware need to complete installation.

I wanted to clarify something for the interested people who haven't followed any of our previous turbo kit development. Our kit does NOT require you to cut, weld, or permanently modify your car and the installation of the turbo kit is 100% reversible back to stock.

We have a few more slots open for the group buy price of $8499. PM me for details.

Thanks!

I wanted to clarify something for the interested people who haven't followed any of our previous turbo kit development. Our kit does NOT require you to cut, weld, or permanently modify your car and the installation of the turbo kit is 100% reversible back to stock.

We have a few more slots open for the group buy price of $8499. PM me for details.

Thanks!

Is this group buy kit a in house install still or is the kit being shipped out as a bolt on to the car?

Bryan

Back