• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meeyatch1 + NSX unveiling in Detroit = AWESOME!!

I'm putting in my deposit... I've got two dealers I'm working with but it looks highly unlikely that there will be any availability here in Canada in 2015. I'd love to take delivery in spring 2016, but I'm not sure if that's going to be possible. I wish they would just take my damn money already...

Meeyatch1, thank you for all of the lovely pictures.. IMO, I like it.. Looks like a great car.. The price on the other hand, a little pricey for me and let's just say I won't sell my NA2 to hopefully buy it. (Nor do I want to..) Nevertheless, I hope those that are on the forum that are purchasing it (hopefully a few Northeast members) will bring it out to a C&C for us to see.

When will the spider version be available? That's the one I want

Thanks again Mitch for the pictures and thanks Lud for the live feed.
I am happy with the car and i think the engine bay looks like a P1. (Seen up close).
maybe the type R will have a mesh or carbon kevlar cover.

As others have said. Wasnt able to get my fill Prime fix and the launch and everyones post's put the site down for a while.
Can't wait to see in person. Anyone from the tri state area want to take a roadtrip to Toronto ?

Yeah the visibility is not going to be as good but I know it was a priority. I would think it will still be better than any Lambo or Ferrari.

Overall, I love what they came up with. It finally looks mean and bad-ass like Accavitti said. However, I have to say that the NSX Concept's dash, wheel and interior seem better.

75 degree V-6 also really surprised me. Does that require some major balancing shafts to run smoothly?

I think they got most of the details right by sharpening hood line to make look lower and extending the rear spoiler to exaggerate it more. It definitely looks better than the original, while paying homage and being a completely different car.

I don't like the two tone color seats. It took away from the rawness of the interior. It should be solid red or whatever color (white, orange, etc). I think the front cockpit view will not be as great as the first gen, but damn close.

I'm really ticked at the rear view space and engine bay dressing. It really does looked rushed. That is actually a very simple fix in the aftermarket department tho if Honda does not address it.

The 75 degree V6 most contribute to the NSX's distinct sound. It sounds amazing!

As others have already said, the rear looks kind of Mitsubishi Eclipse-ish, and the Eclipse has always been tagged a chick's car (at least around my friends) so in a joking kind of way..."I see, says the blind man!" :) Hoping not to offend...articles about a cute blonde female NSX stylist who designed prom dresses in her teens and discovered auto design in college may seem like good marketing to some, but I can't help but wonder what a new NSX would have looked like if penned by a girl or guy who subscribed to C&D as a kid and spent countless hours as a teen sketching classic & futuristic cars at the dining room table. A little more dirt under fingernails and pencil in hand than manicures and nail polish. Oh well, brave new world. :)

As others have already said, the rear looks kind of Mitsubishi Eclipse-ish, and the Eclipse has always been tagged a chick's car (at least around my friends) so in a joking kind of way..."I see, says the blind man!" :) Hoping not to offend...articles about a cute blonde female NSX stylist who designed prom dresses in her teens and discovered auto design in college may seem like good marketing to some, but I can't help but wonder what a new NSX would have looked like if penned by a girl or guy who subscribed to C&D as a kid and spent countless hours as a teen sketching classic & futuristic cars at the dining room table. A little more dirt under fingernails and pencil in hand than manicures and nail polish. Oh well, brave new world. :)

I honestly don't think she penned it solely. She was the lead designer as in "manager" type like a project manager overlooking the overall direction of the design IMO. I could be completely wrong as I just glazed over the article, but during Ted's introduction, that's what he made it seem like.

Great looking and spec'ed Acura.

Would have loved a more timeless approach a la the original.

Honda DNA and Acura DNA continue to diverge.

I honestly don't think she penned it solely. She was the lead designer as in "manager" type like a project manager overlooking the overall direction of the design IMO. I could be completely wrong as I just glazed over the article, but during Ted's introduction, that's what he made it seem like.

I'd agree, makes sense that no one person could design an entire exterior styling. Whether her theme was selected and further developed and/or she led the overall design, I suppose I was fishing around to say that I think the new design is a bit more feminine than I expected now that I got to see it from more angles, especially in the Eclipse rear and kinda delicate/pretty beak. However, kudos to her for being selected to contribute so much. Nonetheless I like it more than I liked earlier concept iterations (not that my opinion means anything to anyone other than myself) and I bet it will look awful sharp in black, which should help camouflage the beak and hide some of the soft round booty.

After this many years, so many ups and downs, making a new NSX, not making a new NSX... I like it.

Although I just checked in to Prime now, Mitch, thanks for the dedication.

No car will ever live up to everyone's eye from every angle. That being said, I think this car will grow on all of us, and will look even better in person and on the road.

I for one, as I'm sure others was worried they'd underwhelm with the HP numbers. 550+ hp with hybrid/electric torque off the line should make this car do very well.

Regarding pricing, it's pretty much spot on. Same/similar price to 911 Turbo's, R8's, etc. Target market. Same demographic it went after the first time, but this time, the car scene is more active then it was back then. To be honest, it's a lot of car for the money. For those who think it's too high, it could have been LF-A priced.. 375K!

Very happy the NSX is back, and can't wait to drive one.

I think it looks great! All of that technology and likely a sub 3.0 0-60 time will make this a bargain compared to it's competition. I think we all have been looking at the concept for so long that we are accustomed to the car. Had this been the first look at her I think everyone would be drooling until tomorrow. Love to see what it looks like in different colors especially white : )

After this many years, so many ups and downs, making a new NSX, not making a new NSX... I like it.

Although I just checked in to Prime now, Mitch, thanks for the dedication.

No car will ever live up to everyone's eye from every angle. That being said, I think this car will grow on all of us, and will look even better in person and on the road.

I for one, as I'm sure others was worried they'd underwhelm with the HP numbers. 550+ hp with hybrid/electric torque off the line should make this car do very well.

Regarding pricing, it's pretty much spot on. Same/similar price to 911 Turbo's, R8's, etc. Target market. Same demographic it went after the first time, but this time, the car scene is more active then it was back then. To be honest, it's a lot of car for the money. For those who think it's too high, it could have been LF-A priced.. 375K!

Very happy the NSX is back, and can't wait to drive one.

Anyone confirm if the front and rear wheels have the same diameter or not? From measuring pixels it looks like no... in which case I am delighted.

No stagger = no swagger. 17/17 is one of the things I hate the most about the 02+ NSX so let's hope this is an 18/19 car.

- - - Updated - - -

For those looking for additional specs, the car has offset wheel and tires sizes again. It is wearing 245/35ZR-19 front tires, and 295/30ZR-20 rear tires. Continental Sport Contact is the manufacturer.

never mind, should have read the thread :biggrin:

I think it looks great! All of that technology and likely a sub 3.0 0-60 time will make this a bargain compared to it's competition.

Actually, I'll be really surprised if it doesn't do 0-60 in 2.6-2.9 seconds.

I really hope they carry over a Formula Red and Championship White to this new version.

So Far I love this new nsx.. can't wait to see and touch it..

Flux Capacitor

Attachments

• CB3CFCFF-A7AB-44F5-BEBF-4C3542C4763A_zpsuu9rcsas.jpg
    CB3CFCFF-A7AB-44F5-BEBF-4C3542C4763A_zpsuu9rcsas.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 646
I failed to notice the design change, it really does look great in any color now. Thanks for the color change renderings.

I'd also by hugely surprised if it comes in at greater than 3.0 to 60. If the motors can give it that initial Tesla kick, it's going to feel awesome, but I bet the tlx hybrid doesn't feel like that despite having probably the same electric power.

Just watched the launch video, looks brilliant!
Great job by all the Honda crew lead by Ted. Was cool to see some familiar faces from the NSXPO trip, including the manafacturing guy. Plus the lucky driver who drove it on stage was, I think, the skid pan man who let us do big slides on the 50 acre skid pan. He spends his days going sideways and spinning but never gets motion sick.

It really was very generous of Ted and the team to spend so much time with the "old" NSX comunity during NSXPO. I cant imagine how much pressure they were under at the time trying to get the project to the release stage.

Congrats to all and NSX-SA says, finally a car with a flux capacitor!

Last edited:
I really really like it, but... I'm hearing rumors of 3600 lbs. Going to garage to hug my 2800 lbs. low-tech vintage ricer now.

I can understand why a car like this with a battery pack and three powerfull electric motors would weigh in at 3600 lbs (1632 kg).
But I am hoping for (a lot) less.

With the hybrid drivetrain, the usual power-to-weight ratio means a lot less than before, but weight still counts in cornering and braking.

Crossing my fingers for 3300-3400 lbs

Back