• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

A couple of questions reguading the seat rails as i purchased recaro PP seats but haven' sourced out the rails yet. How do you like the RFY rails so far? Did you have to modify anything to make them fit perfect? I thought about going with SOS rails but now a bit indecisive

A couple of questions reguading the seat rails as i purchased recaro PP seats but haven' sourced out the rails yet. How do you like the RFY rails so far? Did you have to modify anything to make them fit perfect? I thought about going with SOS rails but now a bit indecisive

I love them. No modifications needed. The sliders did need a few sprays of lithium spray on grease but other than that, its bolt-in and go.

My Type-S inspired interior slowly comes to completion. Will be picking these guys up soon and in they go. So far, they look incredible. Can't wait to see in person :D

yUk0rC8l.jpg

They look amazing! Those guys are down the street from me too. No wrinkles around the curves like some of the rewraps i've seen. Did they use real leather or synthetic? Mind if i ask how much they charge? PM me if you'd like. Maybe if we get over this crazy Covid thing i'll pay them a visit. Thanks!

[MENTION=25419]Valhalla[/MENTION] Thx JC :D
[MENTION=34522]NSX_n00b[/MENTION] Thx Spence :D
[MENTION=25591]myw[/MENTION] Thx man :biggrin:
[MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION] Thx Regan! I provided my own real leather. I sourced 52sqft of soft grain nappa black that is used in Mercedes Benz. As for pricing, lots of factors involved, but later when you're ready, feel free to reach out to me via PM or even Carlos directly at the shop.

Picked up the seats yesterday:

1TS2LnNl.jpg

Pictures do not do these things justice. They are stunning in person and the attention to detail is 10/10.

[MENTION=18451]synth19[/MENTION] thx G! That means a ton coming from you. Your seats were an inspiration on the blue stitching along the outer bolstering :D just a dash of Ginash spice lol.

These seats are stunning.

[MENTION=18451]synth19[/MENTION] thx G! That means a ton coming from you. Your seats were an inspiration on the blue stitching along the outer bolstering :D just a dash of Ginash spice lol.

I always enjoy your international gastronomic analogies....:biggrin:

These seats are stunning.

Thx Kid!

I always enjoy your international gastronomic analogies....:biggrin:

Just ask the man and he will hook you up w/ some G spices :biggrin:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got around to installing both seats. Here are some half decent pictures until some proper photos are taken later.

MHDmuwzl.jpg

8dDEwqTl.jpg

Super stoked with how the seats and rails fit. Great seat-belt and belt receptacle mounting position, plus they're ultra wide in case I want to run ABE down the road. Crazy low, as I mounted them as far down as they will go. I may end up scooting them higher just a tad, we'll see.

With the quarantine giving everyone, including myself, so much free time at home- I've got some back-burner items on the to-do list underway. I'll be snapping pictures and posting as I go :cool:

I do not give you this compliment lightly, but as someone who has been a true fan of the NSX since it's inception I'd like to tell you that you have one of the BEST LOOKING NSXs that I have ever seen. Literally 10/10...perfect score.

As someone who loves OEM goodness but with proper aftermarket enhancements, I think you have absolutely nailed the essence of what an aftermarket enhanced NA1 should look like. Truly astounding work my friend! :cool:

I do not give you this compliment lightly, but as someone who has been a true fan of the NSX since it's inception I'd like to tell you that you have one of the BEST LOOKING NSXs that I have ever seen. Literally 10/10...perfect score.

As someone who loves OEM goodness but with proper aftermarket enhancements, I think you have absolutely nailed the essence of what an aftermarket enhanced NA1 should look like. Truly astounding work my friend! :cool:

Thanks Steve! It's been a long road since the purchase back in 2011 but never once did I steer away from the plans I had envisioned for it. It's been so much fun researching and learning. I am nearing the end of the tunnel where the car won't be seeing much more modification. I do plan on 00+ ABS possibly next year but the aesthetics are pretty much done.

Thanks for the kind words :encouragement:

One of the back burner projects I had sitting on my to do list was LED conversion up front.

When I scored a pair of JDM fogs a couple years ago, I was on the hunt for the deepest urine-yellow output from HID bulbs. I ended up deciding on Philips 3000k d2s bulbs (85122YX). After extensive work having to be done on the fogs to make them fit, the output still had a hint of hulk green hue. After reading up on HID-planet, I read that the bulbs had a 60 hour “burn-in” period. Well, two years or so later and the green hue never really went away. I’m thinking most of the users running these have posted about their great results because they are inside a fog headlamp with yellow film over the lens. This is most certainly not an option for me as I want to retain the factory look on the outside.

Thanks to the pandemic allotting me some extra downtime, the hunt began for complete LED conversion on the front fascia. Purchased a couple products to test out and ultimately decided on a combination of some eBay no name junk and a brand that is slowly rising up the ranks on LED boards. For headlights, I went with Boslla Bullet B1 hb4. They come with a detachable mounting plate so that it’s possible to fit our metal retaining ring over the bulb and secure it properly. There is no external resistor box so the wiring and terminal fit inside the dust cap, albeit, I did have to remove the leads from the OEM headlight terminal clip.

For the fog lights, I ordered some expensive bulbs from Diode Dynamics and super cheap $10 junk off eBay lol. The diode dynamics did win in brightness but it came attached to a separate resistor/relay box. The eBay light was surprisingly a deeper urine-yellow than the Diode Dynamics and didn’t have a relay box attached. Since my fog-lamp wiring harness is wired to OEM JDM fog switch with a proper relay and fuse configuration, I wasn’t too concerned with the straight wiring on the $10 eBay bulbs. Winner: Stone Banks h3 3000k LED.

Next up was the turn signals on the front bumper. I ended up doing some mexi-wiring a while back and fixed it so that the parking bulbs and turn signal blink together and stay off in “parking light” mode as well (same applies to my JDM side-markers). Since I already had the Boslla Bullet B1 in my cart, I decided to throw in Boslla 1156 P21w LED which has a built in anti-hyper flash module. It fit perfectly, taking up possibly the max amount of space inside the turn signal housing lol. Very satisfied with results, plenty bright and of course no hyper flash.

For the parking bulbs, picked up Synetic USA 168 amber LED from eBay. Super bright and fit snug and deep inside the housing. Side-markers, Auxito 168 amber LED is plenty bright and a bit stubbier than the Synetic, fitting just fine inside the side-marker housing.

J9EMQKUl.jpg

zh9pYeEl.jpg

YyePfrfl.jpg

^^ click for video

Small update to post. Some photos of the interior in the daylight but I really need a proper shoot asap :frown:

glBio0Xl.jpg

lv6rvLMl.jpg

uweyvTll.jpg

rFk5spMl.jpg

Also had been working on piecing together some double concave 16/17 ce28n. Please excuse the quarantine dust on the mcb :redface:

0FLPK5Hl.jpg

7O3DgaFl.jpg

Lj7A3KHl.jpg

On the ce28n, I decided to have them painted Desert Silver Metallic, an OEM color offered on RSX. Huge shout out to [MENTION=8378]NSXGB[/MENTION] for the idea. He had posted over on NSXCB that his painter was able to take his OEM Washi Grey Type-S center cap and figure out which color it matched closest to and low and behold, DSM was 99% washi match.

hhTtPEKl.jpg

816gKtfl.jpg

Thank you [MENTION=34522]NSX_n00b[/MENTION] for sending me your OEM Type-S Washi cap to see how closely it matched DSM :D

More to come of course once my new front lip arrives and I wash the darn thing.

Back