• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

most miles traveled on full tank

today i hit 240 miles and the gas light didnt even go on yet.. anyone try to push it even further? i drive in the city most of the time and i guess 240 miles isnt bad..

YUMNA2 said:
today i hit 240 miles and the gas light didnt even go on yet.. anyone try to push it even further? i drive in the city most of the time and i guess 240 miles isnt bad..

I got about 300 miles (mostly city) and the needle touched the red, but the low fuel light didn't come on. I averaged about 22 miles/gallon on that tank.

When does the low fuel light come on?

I usually get 385miles before filling up.. my commute is mostly highway to work.

Wow.. I barely break 200 miles per tank on my car! Mostly highway too... but I tend to drive mostly in 2nd on the road, and in 3rd (sometimes 4th) on the highway. Especially after getting that Tubi, it just sounds like a banshee at higher RPM's! :D

My last long trip I put on 319 miles with a 1/4 still in the tank all highway and my mpg was 30 on the head not bad if you ask me.

Wow, I don't know how some people are getting just barely over 200 miles to a tank with highway miles. With just straight freeway driving (long distance trips that I take often), I can almost go 400 miles to the tank (gotten 385 and the fuel light wasn't even close to coming on but I didn't want to push it). Around town, I like to drive it a little harder and even around the local So Cal cities via the freeways so I get maybe 180-200 miles to a tank then.

I would hope to get as many miles as I can since my last fill up cost me $32, and the tank wasn't even on 'E' :(

how do all you guys get so many miles!!?? :eek: what affects your milage, other than driving hard and frequent stops..is it oil changes? or air filter? :confused:

YUMNA2 said:
how do all you guys get so many miles!!?? :eek: what affects your milage, other than driving hard and frequent stops..is it oil changes? or air filter? :confused:

Oil changes and air filters will not drastically change your MPG to make it that noticable. My car was pretty much all stock with the exception of a HKS exhaust and K&N panel filter.... nothing else. Just keep the car well maintained and drive it like a normal car, you'll get great gas milage with it. The NSX has great throttle response so you just need to tap the pedal to make a pass on the road (similar feel to my H22A Civic hatchback) so you don't need to mash the throttle all the time. If and when you do, like I tend to do quite a bit when I don't do the long distance drives, then I see myself getting maybe 200 miles or less on a full tank of gas (sometimes 150-170 miles), and that is with no change to the car or anything. Just different habits of driving can yield different results.

YUMNA2 said:

Over a long highway trip I once tried to maximize my mileage: 351 miles with 12 gallons (about 29 mpg). Considerign that I usually get 26-27 mpg when just driving city/highway without considering fuel economy, for 2-3 extra mpg, it just isn't worth to me not to enjoy the car and drive it like it should be driven ! :rolleyes:

As noted in the Fuel Capacity section of the FAQ (in the Technical area), the NSX holds 18.6 gallons of gasoline (that includes 18.5 in the tank and 0.1 gallon in the lines), and the low fuel light goes on when 2.7 gallons are left. So the number of miles you should get before the light goes on is 15.9 times your miles per gallon. The EPA fuel ratings are 17-19 mpg city and 24 highway. Do the math and if you're getting the EPA ratings, the light should go on after 270-302 miles of city driving, or 382 miles of highway driving. I, too, have gotten 28-29 mpg on a long trip, and yes, this means ~450 miles on a tank.

Those who are claiming that they get 200-250 miles should instead tell us how many miles per gallon they are getting. Why? Because one person might fill the tank when the fuel gauge shows 1/8 full, another when it's 1/4 full, and another when the low fuel light goes on. Tell us how many miles per gallon you get and it eliminates those differences as a variable. (I'm betting YMNA2 gets only 200 miles to the tankful because he doesn't let the needle go down below E where the warning light goes on.)

Never less then 320 city only & max about 400 highway only with gas light on a tad. Noticed A/C doesn't affect as much as weather. I get a noticable drop when it gets cold out.
91 stock.

Last edited:
405 miles here. Just checked my receipts that I kept from driving my car back from California to ATL, and that was the farthest. I averaged 26mpg over 2811 miles... $177 on gas alone - the most I've even spent on gas in one weekend (Friday afternoon->Sunday night)!

I've pushed it to about 360 once with the gas light on for a while. Otherwise I usuaslly fill up around 330 before the gas light comes on and nearing the E mark. Basically it comes down to about 21-22 MPG for me.

Gas Mileage

My car sucks.....250 miles on a full tank is the best I get with 50-50 city-hwy driving.

Hmmm, something tells me that 12 PSI of boost may have something to do with it. :cool:

nsxtasy said:
As noted in the Fuel Capacity section of the FAQ (in the Technical area), the NSX holds 18.6 gallons of gasoline (that includes 18.5 in the tank and 0.1 gallon in the lines), and the low fuel light goes on when 2.7 gallons are left. So the number of miles you should get before the light goes on is 15.9 times your miles per gallon. The EPA fuel ratings are 17-19 mpg city and 24 highway. Do the math and if you're getting the EPA ratings, the light should go on after 270-302 miles of city driving, or 382 miles of highway driving. I, too, have gotten 28-29 mpg on a long trip, and yes, this means ~450 miles on a tank.

Those who are claiming that they get 200-250 miles should instead tell us how many miles per gallon they are getting. Why? Because one person might fill the tank when the fuel gauge shows 1/8 full, another when it's 1/4 full, and another when the low fuel light goes on. Tell us how many miles per gallon you get and it eliminates those differences as a variable. (I'm betting YMNA2 gets only 200 miles to the tankful because he doesn't let the needle go down below E where the warning light goes on.)

Good point.

I get 18-22mpg in city driving, depending on the weather and 'sportiness' of that tank.
I typically fill it up at 1/4 tank or so 13gal * 20mpg = 260miles typically.

I've never tried for 'max range' but might see what happens on my next road trip.

There are many factors to consider when it comes to poor gas milage. Lots of things were already metioned by many of you. A dirty air filter, extended oil/filter changes (mostly good for the motor), low tire pressue, miss-alignment of tires, bad driving habits, driving with a heavy foot :) transmiss on/clutch slipping, A/C useage, and the list goes on etc...

Plus not to mention the mods and changes made to make your car perform better also plays a roll in gas mileage. Thanks AndyVecsey for pointing out that 12psi of boost would affect your mileage LOL! :D

Most of these factors will normally result in poor performance as well. :rolleyes: The enviorment and elevation, air temp, atmospheric pressure all play a roll in gas mileage as well.

Back