• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

most miles traveled on full tank

Hi

Best I have had is 28.1MPG.
Average is 21.1MPG.

That is based on 54 fillups. 779 gallons in 16468 miles.

Worst I have had is 15.1MPG

91 with 94 wheels. Manual.

Regards

My very first fill-up came at 168 miles on the tripometer with 340 miles on car. The gauge should just under a 1/4 tank left.

I constantly get 440 miles per tank (70 liters) with the long gears. But my driving style is very conservative not driving in the cities or highways. This may change with the shorties and R & P 4.23. :D

steveny said:

Lol, my last luxo-barge [USS John C. Stennis CVN-74]travelled 1.5 million nautical miles (2,800,000 km) at 20 knots avg. (37 km/h) estimated; before they pulled her in for a 2 year "tune-up"!!! Even when she was close to getting a "re-fill", we were still able to pull over 3*+ knots 7 days straight [right after 9/11] to get where we needed to be.

http://www.cvn74.navy.mil/pages/facts/facts.htm

.....i didn't buy it cause it was economical. :biggrin: The NSX and Z06 get amazingly great mileage. :eek: The Viper.... :frown:...seems to average around 8 mpg. (It feels like 8 gallons per mile, though)

Here's some data you won't get every day. Last Saturday, I took off in my '95 5-speed from Sarasota Florida bound for Portland Maine and I arrived back in Sarasota this afternoon. I followed the Interstate(s) all the way up and the scenic routes (as much as possible) all the way home. These were my fill-ups.

mileagechart.jpg

My observations - cruise control helps and 60 mph is better than 80 mph if you want to save gas. But in the end, it doesn't make that much difference if you're just cruising around. I spent all day yesterday in 3rd gear on the Blue Ridge Parkway and it only made ~2 mpg difference.

Wow! I've had the NSX for almost two years now, and I never knew the tank was so big. Call me old fashioned, but I always fill up before I get to the red. My biggest fill up was 13.8 gallons, and I thought I must have been running on empty because I usually fill up around 12 gallons.

I did a mpg test and I got 360 miles for the tank. That would include a few vtec'ing runs. BTW, other than a Cantrell intake and a Comptech air filter, my engine is stock

Okay when does the light come on? I deliberately let mine run down until the needle was at the bottom of the red part of "E" and no light. But then, when I filled it it only took 14.7 gallons. When that thing says "E", there is apparently quite a bit left.

With this thread in mind I drove my last tank until the gas light triggered. I got about 445 miles to a tank of gas, and if I had more time that day I would have driven around for a while with the light on. I am confident I would have been able to reach at least 460 miles for that tank. I love this car. :)

went to virginia this past weekend and on my way back to nc i managed to get 445 miles before the light came on. Filled it back up with 15.720 Gallons

Crazy Schizzznitttttt

I Used To Get Like 285 A Tank Or So..... And Then I Swapped Out To A Cantrell Intake, Uni Filter , And An Arc Exhaust, Now In Traffic I Get 33ompg.....

Crazy !!!!!!

goldNSX said:
I constantly get 440 miles per tank (70 liters) with the long gears. But my driving style is very conservative not driving in the cities or highways. This may change with the shorties and R & P 4.23. :D

If you do not drive in the cities or highways, where do you drive?? :confused:

NSXVURGIN said:
Crazy Schizzznitttttt

I Used To Get Like 285 A Tank Or So..... And Then I Swapped Out To A Cantrell Intake, Uni Filter , And An Arc Exhaust, Now In Traffic I Get 33ompg.....

Crazy !!!!!!

Sounds like another good reason for the AIS + Uni! Can anyone else confirm this?

(I assume he meant 330 miles per tank not MPG)

-Josh

Back