• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mugen M7's: I don't get it *confused*

I'd like to think NSX owners are more about function than intangiables like "rarity". That's more a S2K, jdm Civic owners thing...

I agree. The better selling models like to distinquish their cars with rare rims is what I notice. It is not really needed for the NSX since it's already quite rare, so it gives you more room to just find a good looking/elegant wheel.

And I was joking about the HRE comment if you couldn't tell. I still find most of their wheels ugly no matter what price they are, but they obviously make quality stuff and do have SOME good looking wheels. The way I feel about it though, is just because it's HRE brand, it does not warrant an automatic "fantastic" wheel.

bwahaha... is there some secret memo being posted on other honda sites?
Possibly yes and it states nsx owners are...
8_suckers.gif

Someone would have to pay me $5,000 to put them on my car.

I disagree I think they would look great. Especially the set that have ben Re-barreled like these. I would love to see them on an NSX. I agree that they are to expensive for what they are. But I can still appreciate them. I don't see the logic in NSX owners are "suckers". These wheels were For Sale hear a while ago and did not sell to an NSX owner? I would buy these if they came down on the price. I like the wheel, and who honestly needs a BBK for the street?

I disagree I think they would look great. Especially the set that have ben Re-barreled like these. I would love to see them on an NSX. I agree that they are to expensive for what they are. But I can still appreciate them. I don't see the logic in NSX owners are "suckers". These wheels were For Sale hear a while ago and did not sell to an NSX owner? I would buy these if they came down on the price. I like the wheel, and who honestly needs a BBK for the street?

We're not talking about BBK dude, I'm questioning if these would clear OEM brakes. But I agree with you, the wheels are cool and all, but certainly not worth 5k to most NSX owners. These have been posted before, no one has ever come out and posted pics if they truly were sold to an NSX owner. So who knows. The logic that NSX owners are suckers was a joke. I pointed out, maybe their is a memo going out to sell expensive ass wheels on nsxprime and RYU took that sarcasm to the next level. The bottom line is that owners of these wheels are having a hard pressed time selling these. They are going all over to get a sale in this economy.

I think the seller should really be asking what the NSX market (you and I) would pay for them.

Personally, going by my gut feeling, based on all the wheels I have had on my NSX over the last 5 years (7 sets ...holy crap!), I'd pay $2500 for them.

Depreciation is a bitch :wink:

IMG_9713_alex_zhao_s2000_mugen_M7_offset_copy.jpg

Stock they look like crap on a NSX, or anything. But this guy modified them, and I think they are sick, but still can justify paying that much. I would seriously consider these over any HRE or new cookie cuter JDM wheel. But I would have to see them on a NSX first.

We're not talking about BBK dude, I'm questioning if these would clear OEM brakes. But I agree with you, the wheels are cool and all, but certainly not worth 5k to most NSX owners. These have been posted before, no one has ever come out and posted pics if they truly were sold to an NSX owner. So who knows. The logic that NSX owners are suckers was a joke. I pointed out, maybe their is a memo going out to sell expensive ass wheels on nsxprime and RYU took that sarcasm to the next level. The bottom line is that owners of these wheels are having a hard pressed time selling these. They are going all over to get a sale in this economy.

I was referring to post #80 about the BBK.

The original owner was selling these in the For Sale section of prime. I posted the link to the picture. These are one off M7s and were not sold to a NSXer, they are on a Civic that was my point. I under stand it's a JK but I guess I don t get it.

They will clear the OEM brakes if they fit on an S2K. The S2k wheels fit on an NSX. I would love to see these particular wheels on an NSX. I don't like the unmodified version of the wheels. Just the re barrel + size ones, that I'm talking about.

I think I mentioned somewhere on an M7 thread I was considering having some forged faces CNC milled so they would be a 17/18 or even 18/19 updated versions of these. I can think of a few shops here in SoCal who can do that if you provide the CAD/CNC instructions. Barrels are also readily available. Not sure if all this will cost $1,250/wheel though. Just saying...

I think I mentioned somewhere on an M7 thread I was considering having some forged faces CNC milled so they would be a 17/18 or even 18/19 updated versions of these. I can think of a few shops here in SoCal who can do that if you provide the CAD/CNC instructions. Barrels are also readily available. Not sure if all this will cost $1,250/wheel though. Just saying...

Still cant be cheep + regular M7 wheels in NSX fitment are hard to come by and not cheep to begin with. You could most likely have the whole wheel replicated for less.

FYI, not 100% true. The 97-05 rear calipers won't clear s2k wheels. ;)

Your right I forgot about that. (I have a 92):redface:

Last edited:
actually no they were only on that car for that day only

I have to say it looks quite hot. If they were more hellacheap and hellaBBKfriendly I'd be all over that :)

the custom one isnt bbk friendly?

^^ won't know for sure unless you try but i'll bet $5 that a set of stoptechs won't fit behind there ;)

They also look smaller on the NSX than I thought they would. I'm convinced any multi-stepped/lip wheel needs to be 18/19 on the NSX. 17/18 works on one piece wheels much better.

anyway, would love to see a side pic!

2lk8qo8.jpg

fits over willwood however:wink:

I wonder what they'd be worth is the Mugen logo was replaced with a Centerline one :rolleyes:

lol they make replicas right rota jmags or whatever

but i love em i like the design and look i had on my hatchback a few years back now looking back i regret sellin em to get my mf10s should of gotten both:biggrin:

does anybody know what year nsx that is ?

there you go... is the best I can do.
2r74h8k.jpg
Meh, first pic was better (no offense if owner is member here). Its just such an old fashioned wheel. Sure, it might have been the shit back 15 years ago but life's moved on...

Back