• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Multiple carseats in the back....

considered this as well before going with the M3 and saw the maintenance costs were an absolute nightmare. same reason i bought an NSX instead of a mondial back in 1996 :)

yeah that sounds about right... my warranty paid about $33k in repairs over 8 years... but.... wow... what a car!!

Maintenance is the reason I'm giving up on my dream of having a Quattroporte as a family car- need something that spends more time out of the shop than in, and Ferrari parts cost would probably make me faint.

Maintenance is the reason I'm giving up on my dream of having a Quattroporte as a family car- need something that spends more time out of the shop than in, and Ferrari parts cost would probably make me faint.

Yep, I looked at those too but maint costs are the deal breaker there

getting ready to trade my 2008 Acura TL Type-S in for a MDX with tech pack and entertain pack for some reason the acura dealers are dieing to get a typeS they said if we trade it in it will be sold in a hour. now my wife doesnt wanna trade it in cuz that year TL is in high demand right now.

i think dave is correct as its not THAT tight in the back. the is250/350 rear seat room is relatively comparable to its competitors in the same class.... benz c2xx/3xx series, bmw 3. the M5 is in a diff class up so it would by default, have more rear room. the isf/is350/is250 for kids, early teens should be 100% fine for young families.

Really? I don't remember them being nearly as tight as you say but it's been a while.

Gonna have to disagree with Turbo on those choices. There is very little room in the back seat of an ISF or IS350. Less even than an M3 and the M3 is only good for short drives with the family due to lack of rear space. Great cars but definitely not a family hauler. I still go back to the M5. I wouldn't buy an auto though.

Are you talking the 2001-2003ish rs6? Nice numbers but aesthetically unpleasing (IMO).

It was only here in the USA in 03' and there was only around 1200 cars sent here. With a nice set of wheels, I think they look pretty nice. But then again I am biased since I own one.

Hey NSX'er parents and/or those familiar with this setup....

Looking to get a bigger vehicle as we have another (our 2nd) baby on the way. This means ill have 2 car seats in the back of a vehicle and both rear facing for a while as well. Current child is 19 months FYI. I'd like to hear what vehicles you have with 2 car seats. I'm open to vehicles but thinking something along the lines of (used) newer M5, M3, e63, s63, alpina b7 maybe.... You get the idea I think...sporty, fun, fast, and big enough. Looking to stay at/under $60k if possible.

Any ideas?

deedubb!! Haven't seen you around in a while! I had my 3rd child nearly two years ago, and we now have two carseats in the back (middle row) of our Honda Pilot. Not quite the snazzy fun mobile you're looking for, but my wife and I agreed: by having a 3rd child, our family grew to a party of five, outgrowing our 4-seat Honda Element. We decided that a 5-seater would also be outgrown if we happened to have another, so we went "all out" in terms of passenger capacity.

The two seats are now forward facing, but for quite a while we were doing one rear facing. It worked fine, with the 3-year old on the driver's side (I wanted passenger side, but it's my "wife's car" so she got to choose) and the baby in the middle. The baby is now nearly 2, and forward facing.

Having the rear cargo space allows us to haul a twin-stroller around as well as basic kid stuff (some beach toys, first aid kit, diaper bags etc) as well as a booster box incase battery dies while out (Element used to have that problem).

Anyway, I would have to agree that a minivan or SUV might suit your needs, especially if you end up with another bundle of joy in the family. If you can't bring yourself to get into a "mommy" type vehicle, make sure it has a big trunk, at least!

Good hearing from ya.

- - - Updated - - -

I may face this issue soon, was the thinking about a Legacy GT. I haven't driven one yet, but my thoughts were that it should be a bit more roomy than a WRX, with nearly as much power and good potential for mild engine and suspension work. AWD is attractive too, although in Seattle there's maybe three snowy days per year.

I was very close to getting a Legacy GT back in 2010, but it was a few thousand dollars above my price range. Still, the AWD would be nice to have with all the wet driving you do in western WA. My Camaro (that I bought with summer tires on it) was a nightmare to drive until I switched to all seasons. But the Legacy GT is a car I still want.

Back