• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NH609 p nsx-r clone

Grey Goose,Photoshop and I have a thing for white Nsx's. Nice looking car Frank.

Armando
dsc02561du.jpg

Armando, I have to agree with you. White looks great in the nsx. When I bought the car black/black, I fell in love with the car, then as you guy's know I had the car painted yellow, and absolutly loved the car again, but there is nothing like a white nsx. The car will stay this color, no more color changes.:biggrin: Frank

I have some new interior parts. I just had my glove box door wrapped in carbon, and my center console lid. The lid will be done by Wednesday, the glove box door I have. I will try to post some pics of it. Frank

It was nice meeting you the other day frank! How come i've never seen your type r around town??

It was nice to meet you as well. I don't drive my car that much unfortunately. Just mostly on the weekend when there is a car's and coffee or other venues. I rack up the miles on the hummer during the week. Frank

Just an update, installed Scorps shorty antenna, Vroom's mirrors are coming this week, and going to install the DF nsxr gt side vents, still debating the DF/Stacy's side skirts. The side vents will be painted body color, and Jeff made me a set of the smoked carbon mirrors to keep the nsx-r theme. I want to keep the car stock looking, but slightly more agressive!! Frank

cant wait to see the photos! i think if you get the stacys skirts itll start to make your oem 17s to start looking too small imho. perhaps downforce gt-1 slightly more mild but still retains more of an oem flavor? (suggestion only)

Just an update, installed Scorps shorty antenna, Vroom's mirrors are coming this week, and going to install the DF nsxr gt side vents, still debating the DF/Stacy's side skirts. The side vents will be painted body color, and Jeff made me a set of the smoked carbon mirrors to keep the nsx-r theme. I want to keep the car stock looking, but slightly more agressive!! Frank

Im think that the 609 may look better than 603P

but have not seen one in person but in pics they all have this yellow tint to them is this true or are pic really no justice

looks good I drool looking at the B-A-Car ( bad ass car )

Shawn, thanks for the complimant. Update: Installed Vroom's mirrors, amps being sent to Brian for the rebuild, just picked up my new recovered door panels, flat black leather like nsx-r, with red stictching, and suede perforated insrts. Also, DF-R scoops shipping out on Thursday, still undecided on wchich side skirts to use. If anyone would like to stop by to shoot some more pics and post up on prime I would appreciate it. Thanks, Frank

Shawn, thanks for the complimant. Update: Installed Vroom's mirrors, amps being sent to Brian for the rebuild, just picked up my new recovered door panels, flat black leather like nsx-r, with red stictching, and suede perforated insrts. Also, DF-R scoops shipping out on Thursday, still undecided on wchich side skirts to use. If anyone would like to stop by to shoot some more pics and post up on prime I would appreciate it. Thanks, Frank

I am going the opposite way, I have the Stacey's and I really don't like them. Went down to DF and picked up a set of '02s. I just don't think the car needs fake scoops. The oem's are so clean and the design of the car is so great I don't think it needs to be any busier. And the Stacey's hang down a little making the bottom of the car look saggy compared to the stock. Your car looks awesome as it is!

Hi Frank,

Bump for interior update photos ...

Regards Paul

I am going the opposite way, I have the Stacey's and I really don't like them. Went down to DF and picked up a set of '02s. I just don't think the car needs fake scoops. The oem's are so clean and the design of the car is so great I don't think it needs to be any busier. And the Stacey's hang down a little making the bottom of the car look saggy compared to the stock. Your car looks awesome as it is!
+1 fake vents FTL IMO.

Frank,

If you want a subtle change for the sills, why not add the GT flares for the trailing edge if they can still be purchased?

regards, Paul

Frank is not very big at keeping up on pics or posting updates on Prime but here are a few updates he's posted elsewhere!!
Car looks great!!

Being washed for Cars N Coffee.

2_zps4de3695e.jpg

3_zps31ecab26.jpg

4_zps9836c63a.jpg

5_zps84aa6b78.jpg

Last edited:
AHHHMAZIN updates!

that door panel + cf pieces will look incredible together when assembled.

Frank is not very big at keeping up on pics or posting updates on Prime but here are a few updates he's posted elsewhere!!
Car looks great!!

Being washed for Cars N Coffee.

2_zps4de3695e.jpg

3_zps31ecab26.jpg

4_zps9836c63a.jpg

5_zps84aa6b78.jpg

Chris, thanks for posting up the newest pics. More carbon coming for the interior, I also have the little triangle pieces above the door being wrapped, I have the carbon interior door handles, and going to remove my dash to have that recovered as well. Also, the carbon mirrors from Jeff are installed. Probably going to keep the 02 side skirts, exterior wise, just have the DF nsxr-gt scoops to install, and going to get one of their aggressive rear diffusers in FRP, hopefully the turbo heat won't destroy it. I was thinking about one of the aluminum ones on prime, but I think the DF one and procar one fits the car. Frank

the entire dash is going to wrapped in CF? i was going to ask if you were going to remove the oem white constrast stitching and have the stitching redone in red to match your door panels.

Franks car is a early 90's coupe entirely redone to 2002-05 Nsx-R so I believe he doesn't have white interior stitching... I may be wrong I know he was redoing his interior a while back.

Chris, thanks for posting up the newest pics. More carbon coming for the interior, I also have the little triangle pieces above the door being wrapped, I have the carbon interior door handles, and going to remove my dash to have that recovered as well. Also, the carbon mirrors from Jeff are installed. Probably going to keep the 02 side skirts, exterior wise, just have the DF nsxr-gt scoops to install, and going to get one of their aggressive rear diffusers in FRP, hopefully the turbo heat won't destroy it. I was thinking about one of the aluminum ones on prime, but I think the DF one and procar one fits the car. Frank

Frank, would love to see you and your NSX at NSXPO 2013 in Raleigh! Would be quite an event for all attending to see your car. Think about it!!

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

Car looks great!!

Being washed for Cars N Coffee

Thanks for me invite fellas! My car needs to be driven, been looking for excuses to get her out and about.

Back