• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

never seen so many NSX for sale

Want to know what a QUALITY NSX is going to cost? Go buy one.....

Let's keep things in perspective here people.....

(for the most part I'm going to assume most people here trying to devalue a MINT condition late model 2002+ nsx does not own one)

As Hothonda said, JUST TRY TO BUY A MINT ONE for cheap, ain't going to happen!!! :mad: (I'm talking under 10k miles, one owner, mint + unmolested cars)

True the 91's can be had for about the same price as a newer s2000 these days but AT THE UPPER end of the spectrum, a 2002+ holds quite nicely against any sports car. Show me another car that MSRP is $89k and 5-6 years later can still sell for $65k+ easy if low miles, etc? Very few I think.....

Owners of early model cars know the gem they have and most are not selling unless they just got in over their heads in buying a car they cannot afford. Early model NSX's are the best deal for around $20-30k range. Later model examples are still pricey and some owners are selling because of the economy which is just fine. But the reality is that we are all "fanboys" of this car and will always value it higher than say KBB or what a dealer trades for. I totally agree with the Transformers' analogy as I have quite a few mint condition toys (Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Insecticons, Contructicons, etc) :)
They are priceless to me and I would never sell as I plan to showcase to my kids what their daddy used to play with...hehe!

As for the BMW e60 m5, I have NOT seen a good one for even high 30's unless you are talking super high miles at which point you'd be an idiot to buy one with the maintenance factor....you always get what you pay for! I considered one till I read about SMG issues on 06 models.

Just buy the nsx to enjoy, the rest is beyond our control really! Anyone buying a NSX hoping it would go up in value needs to be slapped silly - it's only a car. But please don't try to make people think you can buy a low mileage 04/05 nsx for $40k or some other ridiculous number.

rk

Last edited:
Re: bottoming-out Aston...

~$60k's all-day & all-night as of now for a pre-owned V8-Vantage! Likely to be ~$50k's by later this year (for the early '06 models). . .

Either they were over-produced for certain model-years (ie. '06), over-priced in terms of MSRP/options-accessories/etc', or under-achieved relative to their competition/market-segment in terms of actual performance/handling. I'm thinking a combo' of all three!

Average-to-high miles V8-Vantage for high $40k's, though not likely anytime soon in 2009, but if possible- I'd be on it w/o a second thought. . .

Please help me find a Am Vantage for the prices you quote and I will seriously consider that purchase immediately.

I just sold my third NSX and like the other two, it sold quickly (about a week or so from list here on prime) for very cloe to full list. I think mine was one of the few in the last few months that actually sold without the common six months of BUMPs from the other ads. Low mileage unmolested, cars are not going to be stolen, even in this economy. Just like I'm not going to be able to steal a yellow 02 - 04 360 spider 6 speed with 10K miles, black interior, yellow stiching, stadale grills for $70K. As Hothonda mentioned, you get what you pay for as in anything in life.

My personal opinion however is that thse price decreases we have all seen in exotics (NSX, Ferrari, Lambo, etc. Aston martin, Bentley) are permanent. A 2008 yellow Lambo with 1,400 miles and the optional clear engine bonnet (total MSPR of about $210K) owned by a high wealth guy sold last week here for $125K. I wouldn't hold your breath hoping prices come back...it's the new economy.

Last edited:
Just to add something to what ISONSX said above^

Exotics will not be commanding the crazy over MSRP prices for at least the next decade as this is the new economy I agree!

I was looking at F430 spyders a while back and they were holding close to $240k at least for a nice 6-speed example. There's a beautiful 2005 Spyder with super low miles selling for $149k right now and it's still not sold from what I can tell.

If you group cars by range:

0-$20k = General consumers can afford this in cash or small loan
$21k-35k = Easy to afford for most dual income families
$36k-50k = Relatively affluent familes or single people depending on location
+51k-80k = Wealthy people who can buy toys with disposable income (Most late model nsx's fall into this category)
$81k+ = Very capable people with solid finances, pay cash easily

(Keep in mind the above is just a rough number with many factors of course but those upper tier money groups can BUY ALOT for that money so they are more picky)

just like the housing market, the prices will eventually recover. people will not sell their houses/cars for a loss unless they have to do it, so, after the invetory of items sold at 'firesales' decreases, the prices will raise.

My 2002 Imola sold for full list price so yes, you won't see +02's de-valuing more than they already are.

Some deals to be had though depending on seller.

Let's keep things in perspective here people.....

(for the most part I'm going to assume most people here trying to devalue a MINT condition late model 2002+ nsx does not own one)

As Hothonda said, JUST TRY TO BUY A MINT ONE for cheap, ain't going to happen!!! :mad: (I'm talking under 10k miles, one owner, mint + unmolested cars)

True the 91's can be had for about the same price as a newer s2000 these days but AT THE UPPER end of the spectrum, a 2002+ holds quite nicely against any sports car. Show me another car that MSRP is $89k and 5-6 years later can still sell for $65k+ easy if low miles, etc? Very few I think.....

Owners of early model cars know the gem they have and most are not selling unless they just got in over their heads in buying a car they cannot afford. Early model NSX's are the best deal for around $20-30k range. Later model examples are still pricey and some owners are selling because of the economy which is just fine. But the reality is that we are all "fanboys" of this car and will always value it higher than say KBB or what a dealer trades for. I totally agree with the Transformers' analogy as I have quite a few mint condition toys (Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Insecticons, Contructicons, etc) :)
They are priceless to me and I would never sell as I plan to showcase to my kids what their daddy used to play with...hehe!

As for the BMW e60 m5, I have NOT seen a good one for even high 30's unless you are talking super high miles at which point you'd be an idiot to buy one with the maintenance factor....you always get what you pay for! I considered one till I read about SMG issues on 06 models.

Just buy the nsx to enjoy, the rest is beyond our control really! Anyone buying a NSX hoping it would go up in value needs to be slapped silly - it's only a car. But please don't try to make people think you can buy a low mileage 04/05 nsx for $40k or some other ridiculous number.

rk

I totally feel what you are saying about trying to find a "mint" condition car. I went though the same thing looking for my 06 Porsche C4S. Everyone was telling me that I was paying too much at the time for my ride and kept showing me examples of a car that was $15k - $20k less, but it had like 30,000 extra miles, was not a 4 and was not an S and didn't have the $6,000 GT3 kit I wanted and didn't have the interior options I wanted.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and everyone has to have their own personal value on their car. You pay for what you want, period. And no matter what anyone else tells you, it's up to you to make that decision. Not just on what you buy your car for, but what you sell it for too. It works both ways.

Heck, if I have a craving for Waffle House, it could cost $20.00 for a meal instead of $10.00, but if I want a waffle with a side of some scatter, covered hash browns and greasy bacon at 3:00 am then got damn it, I'm going to pay for it and there's nothing anyone can do that can stop me. And when I finish the last bite and I'm licking my oily hands looking at the watress that looks like she could have been a looker like 15 years ago and trying to decide if I'm drunk enough to wait for her to end her shift for some hot kinky sunrise sex, I won't have one regret about spending a little more for what I wanted.

My 2002 Imola sold for full list price so yes, you won't see +02's de-valuing more than they already are.

Some deals to be had though depending on seller.

Yep. +1. I know of an '05 that was priced pretty high, and sold at the asking price a few weeks ago. Mind you, very low miles and highly desirable color.

as long as the nsx doesnt become the new s2000 that everybody and their mom has one, im good :biggrin:

Re: M indeed, but not the M...

I believe Mirroredshades' post was a typo, as it's the pre-owned E46 M3 models that can be acquired for "high $20k's". The E46 M3 was available in '05-'06 & there was NO M3 model in '07; but, for '08+, the E90-lineage (E90/E92/E93) M3 was offered. . .

The E39 M5 sedan was produced up till '05. The '06+ E60 M5 sedan is in the higher $30k's, at bests. Otherwise ~$40k's for the most part in terms of low-end of the pricing spectrum. . .

e39 ended in 2003 my friend

Last edited:
as long as the nsx doesnt become the new s2000 that everybody and their mom has one, im good :biggrin:

Never that, not enough of them made for that to ever happen. There are over 60,000 S2000's on the road, compared to how many NSXs?

In fact, that's the main reason why the NSX hold's it's value so well. Not enough examples out there. And slowly as they fall into the "wrong" hands and are modded to hell, overdriven, or simply wercked, the number of "pure" examples will continue to decline, thereby keeping the prices higher than the average used automobile.

Last edited:
The same thing happened to '60's muscle cars back in the '80's. Wish to hell I would have bought a $10,000 hemi Cuda and put it in storage. We were in a recession then and are again. The NSX will be back as a collector car in another 15-20 years, it's a comparitively rare car that has ceased production. I wouldn't be surprised to see unmolested early cars rolled across the podium at Barrett-Jackson and bringing big money in 15-20 years. (Assuming we still have dinosaur carcasses to burn...)

If you are smoking wacky tobacky, please stop. If not, do you need glasses ???

I believe that it's several things driving down the value of used exotics. The main thing being the quality of lower priced vehicles.

I'm 32 and I can say that the auto industry has progressed by leaps and bounds over the past 25 years. When I think what car manufacturers were making back in 1984 compared to now, it's absoultely amazing.

The problem with high end cars is that there is now less of a quality/ performance difference between a high end and low end car. I think about the fit and finish on a $14,000 Scion Tc compared with an $85,000 Acura NSX and there's not much difference anymore.

Even the options and technology that was onced reserved for higher end cars has trickled down into the lower priced vehicles.

Performance wise, the time race from 0 - 60 is getting ever closer to 0 and basically the times are almost getting irrelevant.

So where does that leave us? Holding on to vehicles that we imagine to be superior, but can actually be out classed in many different categories by less expensive and somtimes more reliable vehicles.

And it doesn't matter if we are talking about a Aston Martin, Maserati, Porsche, or NSX. We have all over valued our rides for no other reason than the "gotta have it factor".

I see what we do no different than some Transformers fanboy paying $300 for a new in the box 1984 G1 Optimus Prime compared to the one that's out in the stores now from the recent movie that goes for $40 bucks. They both do the same thing, the new one is probably actually better, but the fanboy already has it in his head that the 1984 example is just "better" and won't even consider purchasing the "new" version of Prime.

When talking about the E60 M5, don't even bring up those $20-$30k examples seen online for sale. There are so many of those 06's that were buybacks or have a really bad checkered history so those should not count towards the true price of this vehicle.

Having said that, you can pick up a nice 06-07 from BMW that will be CPO'd and those are as low as the $40s. I believe that to be the true pricing of the vehicle. Not your outrageous $20-$30. Those vehicles definitely have major problems.

Back