• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 2004 nsx build

yeah its still for sale but I am in the final stages of my 2002 build and have no time other than the build.

I would be glad to show the car at another date. LOL

Pm me we can talk on the phone.

Did I miss the part about putting the original engine back in the car ???

:UPDATE:

I am thinking about putting the original engine back in.
I have it almost completly taken apart sending the block and heads off to get cleaned the engine was mint inside. like I always knew.

so should I remove a working running cars engine to re-install the original engine.

the engine I put in this car had 56-57K miles mint
but the orginal engine only had 19K miles but had all the plastics melted
hell the timing belt was still mint.

Not sure if this will help the sale of the car I would think yes.
what do you guys think?

2012-10-20_21-03-14_406.jpg

2012-10-20_21-02-52_525.jpg

Last edited:
the oil was sitting in there for 4 years so it turned tan.
nasty stuff but after a cleaning it gonna look new again.

the flywheel is rusty from sitting on the side off my house with a plastic cover over it for 4 years

Last edited:
I saw this car in person along with the other Nsx projects and its as nice as described. The paint job is excellent

If the car had the original engine in it, it should be easier to sell. It might alleviate some of the buyers concerens. I do not think it would make the car worth any more money in the long run, but it should help sell the car. You yourself would half to draw the line somewhere and say ok, if I put any more time and money into this car, It will not justify the price I am going to get out of it. Or it could be just the oppiste. Like the price your asking would justify the extra time and effort. IDK, thats just my two cents.
This car will end up selling, with either motor. Everything just takes time and the right buyer will eventually find this car.

Last edited:
I wouldn't swap the motor back. I would leave it as-is since you know it runs/drives 100%.

Although the fire damaged engine is lesser miles, I think a potential buyer would feel more confident in the car as it is now.

I would use the fire damaged engine to fix/rebuild and put it in your pre-02 coupe down the road for the ultimate 3.2 6spd coupe :cool:

I would use the fire damaged engine to fix/rebuild and put it in your pre-02 coupe down the road for the ultimate 3.2 6spd coupe :cool:

+1

Or send it to Shad (Driving Ambition) and get his brand new 4.0L build...

my 92 is a 6-speed with dual input shaft ( SOS )

as for the motor thats why I was saving it to do the 3.2L bottom with my 92 heads but I dunno

I wouldn't swap the motor back. I would leave it as-is since you know it runs/drives 100%.

Although the fire damaged engine is lesser miles, I think a potential buyer would feel more confident in the car as it is now.

+1

Reasonable or not, I can see someone being skeptical of an engine from a car fire. Why go through the effort of an engine swap to put that in and gain nothing in likely selling price?

Ok guys she is ready for a 18 hour drive from Tampa to PA gave myself extra time so I can drive slow LOL
here she is with the stuff they use on new cars its like a sticker but it made of rubber. I hope it doesnt fly off during the trip took 3 hours to wrap it up.

what seller would drive the car to the new owner? I can say NONE. the service I give and the workmanship is over the top. but when the customer looks at the car and the smile on their face makes it all worth it.

2013-01-17_11-29-45_995.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard that clear plasti dip works like the blue stuff you have on the front. Spray it on, roll out, then peel it off, no residue. I'm guessing they both pull right off, though.

Wow - now that is what I call "Service PLUS" - great of you to make that delivery Shawn! By the time you hit our area the roads should be good - smooth sailing and take some pics along the way and post them. Congrats on the sale too. Cheers, Jay

Back