• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner with Questions

First off I want to compliment this website and the NSX owners who participate. I believe that I could not have made an informed purchase of my 1998 NSX with out this website.

Question #1 - My driver's door has a small creak when opened and I tried to lube but made no difference, any suggestions?

Question #2 - Was the carpeted trunk mat standard and if you have a tan interior, is the trunk mat to be tan also?

Question #3 - My original wheels show signs of age with several minor scratches. There are several mobile wheel restoration businesses but I wondered if this is the right option vs. a total wheel refinishing? They quoted me $44 a wheel to do the cosemetic repairs.

Welcome and congrats on your new car.

1. When does the noise happen, door half open or full open, or right when you start to open it? Is the plastic cover still on the thingamajigga (don't know the name, but it's the piece between the hinge held on by a pin)?

2. I don't believe the trunk mat was standard, although dealers may have opted to include it in the sale to entice buyers (or the previous owner bought one). I believe all OEM trunk mats were gray since all the trunks had gray carpet. ICBW but that's my best guess :)

3. Would the restoration make the wheel look like new? If so I'd go that route since it's inexpensive. If not then I'd go with full refinishing and have it done the way you want (full polish, chrome powder coat, custom colored, etc) or go with aftermarket wheels (check the market place, lots of wheels in there).

WELCOME! :biggrin:

2) Not standard. All are grey/black that I have seen.

3) The good ones make them look brand new. If this is just surface scratches this is the way to go. Get them refinished if you have chunks missing or they are bent.

WELCOME! :biggrin:

2) Not standard. All are grey/black that I have seen.

3) The good ones make them look brand new. If this is just surface scratches this is the way to go. Get them refinished if you have chunks missing or they are bent.

I have an Ivory trunk mat...I don't believe it was standard but they certainly were not limited to gray or black in 1991.

I have had and have seen some really great results with the wheel restoration companies. I had mine done and I could not believe how amazing the wheels looked. They were able to get out some deeper gouges I thought were going to be there forever. I have no idea how they were able to make my wheels look so good.

There are several tan trunk mats available from an Acura dealer selling them on eBay. Check item 250400289000. Auction ends in four days.

Back