• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Red to White NSX-R conversion

I had a Type-R hood from my other 2004 but he said he didnt want it, kinda wanted his own version of type-R
so this car is a made for him.

when I get some better pics those tails may grow on you.

Fair enough.

New wheels coming or sticking with those volk av3 konig monsoon lookalikes??

I think the rims look good with the car, they are 18/19 we lowered the car with TEIN springs its gonna feel bad ass.

Wow looks great! Quick question, any tips on how to align the corner of the bumper that meets the quater panels? I upgraded my rear valence to the 02 valence and had trouble getting that corner to line up properly.

its a bit_h more like pound with palm and pull rear bumper as hard as you can while your other arm is inside the fenderwell with a ratchet on those 2 main nuts on each side.

its like one side will be perfect and the other side will be off a little. but keep tring you will get it perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

this car we used the Downforce rear lower and its fitment was a shitty. but one of my other builds the RED rebuild the same exact rear lower fit like a glove. its hit or miss
I think with figberglass.

I have 02+ OEM on my 92 no issues.

aftermarkets always need some extra love to get them fitting nice and snug. its almost the thickness of the material doesnt snug up inside those plastic prongs
on the OEM upper bumper. talk about nail bitting and hitting head with wrech in frustration LOL

Just an fyi- i bought an 02 lower valence from one of the reputable nsx vendors ( not dali...). I took it to my body shop for paint and they looked up the part and said they could have saved me over 20% on the part. Body shops buy a lot of parts through the big suppliers so they have some clout. Doesnt matter if its nsx or not

......... the brake calipers are going to matched to the same color as the valve covers........

Great conversion and pleased to hear the rear valance is to receive black paint OEM style .... what about the front lip?

As for the brakes, if they are OEM NSX please persuade the owner this is wrong and to go black with them ... red calipers look OK when BBK but not IMO for stock

Engine bay looks so much better for being black ...

Car looks great. Not a fan of the taillights... and the wheels leave alot to be desired. This car would look AMAZING on 02+ white or even gunmetal wheels. It needs a serious drop as well... I know you said there's dropped springs in there but it sits WAY too high with those current wheels.

Nice work overall though Shawn.

thanks guys I have been working from 8am-2am everyday real job+2 Kids+horny wife+hobby=no sleep for me :)

I am running off cherry soda

more pics later today I just havent uploaded them yet.

Last edited:
looks great, hopefully i can get my ar up to this someday... any chance can you pm me a price point this build cost your customer.?

ok guys its all done, but I drove the car with no windsheild and I was wearing Red Baron style googles so I wouldnt get a bug in my eye. the looks people gave me was priceless.
then it was picked back up by ExtremeMotroCars and when we got it back I noticed a big chip in the hood.
looks like a wrench or something heavy was dropped on the hood.
it wasnt me. so the guys that aligned the car must have done it. I was mad. so its getting it final sanding and buffing should be ready for show, tuesday or so.
stay tuned another one bites the dust.
the owner is gonna love this car. it has some product installed on the car that I will be selling, products not offered by any other other Shop.

Im excited also added the SOS headers and Comptech Stage 2 exahaust I can feel the difference in the power yummy yummy.

But......... I am not happy with the headers. the flange on the one of the pipes was welded wrong so you cant get a OEM nut to bolt down I will take pics so the manufacture can FIX this issue.
its not a fluke because I have a Black 2001 that I picked up a few days ago and he purchased the same headers ( same brand ) and the Error is in that header also.

I will post pics of this Fatal Flaw in the headers
some people like both bolts installed not just one.
the only way I think, and hope to get the second nut installed on the bolt is to dremel out the round hole intills oval.
then if that doesnt work round off the nut so it will fit under the poorly welded pipe and try to torque it down.

the dremel of the flange would have been easier if I had noticed it before install
I could have easily put the header in a vice grip and fixed the issue. under the car your limited to what you can FIT in there to fix it. I dont want to cut the side off but it may be the last resort.

the only way is to take a pic so you guys can see what I am talking about.

stay tuned

Last edited:
Please keep us posted on what the manufacturer says on the header issue. I'm in the hunt and this could potentially be a deal breaker and/or help narrow my search. More pics when the hood is repaired!

I wonder if that is something new with the SOS headers, I have them on my car and didn't have that problem. Maybe they switched makers, or someone had the template off a littel

but 2 different sets with the exact same issue, I keep forgetting to take pics of the error. but will today.

when I saw this flaw I decided against getting that brand I will only buy Comptech Headers

Ok here is a pic of this ERROR that are on atleast 2 Same brand headers I have got from customers.
the red arrow shows that NO nut will go there the piping bends to close so impossible.

the green arrow shows that a nut will def fit.

the only way is to dremel the circle into an Oval to get the nut in

any ideas guys.

if you look at the tip its welded at an angle one side it higher and the other side is lower

like i said this is the second pair of headers that has this exact same issue. if it was welded higher a nut will fit.

headersfrom.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
but 2 different sets with the exact same issue, I keep forgetting to take pics of the error. but will today.

when I saw this flaw I decided against getting that brand I will only buy Comptech Headers

Smart man. I know from "informed" sources that Comptech is preferred because the fitment is perfect EVERY TIME. ;) Unless, of course, you are a BALLER and buy GT-One or Fujitsubo headers.

Also I hope the mods dont delete this post but this car was missing the passengerside VIN SILL PLATE. my other 2004 was missing both VIN sill Plates
so I had to have them made, they are wicked sick I got a guy making them what do you guys think

sills1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 96094

Attachments

• sills2.jpg
    sills2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,594
Last edited:
I saw some on another site someone posted but their isnt like the ones I have, mine are from 1 piece of solid alum and the letters are raised much higher than stock.
also the other brands you have to break your OEM's and insert your OEM into their square cut-out its looks like Sh_t

they are so freaking bad ass trust me.

Those are some pretty sick plates Shawn. Good to know everything is working out so good for you bro. Ship me some plates ;)

yeah with enough interest I will become a vendor and sell them, you should see all of the other stuff we are making it will blow your mind.
but I need a list of VIN's to do a run so I have to wait till I get that vendor title before I ask LOL
I can say any piece thats plastic has been CNC'd from a solid chunk of Alum. but not to many parts as to make the car look stupid LOL
from the front of the car all the way to the rear including interior has been scanned and ready to cut.

and all parts can be anodized any color you want its gonna be sick

stay tuned guys.

Last edited:
Back